Honestly, I loved the Mondrian from top to bottom. The service was impeccable - everyone was all smiles and very helpful (the pool attendant was terrific btw). The room was very clean and we had a view of the bay with a small balcony (perfect for breakfast and happy hour). Even the food that everyone complained about was more than half decent.
A few things to note: you are on the bay side away from the hustle and bustle of prime South Beach (which was a plus in my opinion, but won't be for everyone). Just a quick walk to the major hotels/restos, etc...
Pool was lovely. Kind of chill...and easy to deal with.
Also, on the plus side, a Whole Foods and Starbucks are within walking distance.
Only really awkward moment (and reason for not giving 5 stars) came at check-in. I booked and paid for a 1 bedroom with balcony. The front desk employee gave me a key and I asked "Is this a one-bedroom?"...she said yes. The room she gave us was not a one-bedroom nor did it have a balcony. I called to fix matters and it was a little awkward, but then we were given the correct room. Not sure if it was a bait and switch, but ah well...it was bliss after that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach