Had a very enjoyable stay at Mondrian South Beach. First thing to say is that it's located on the Bay, not the beach. I was a bit unsure about this in the beginning as originally planned to spend most of my time at the beach. The reality is this was a non-issue. It's only 15 minute walk or 5 minute cab either way, so it's easy to go back and forth. And the pool is amazing, fun scene and beautiful views of the Bay. By the end I thought the location worked out perfectly -- hangout at the beach during the day and then the pool for the late afternoon and early evening, then down to Lincoln Rd or back to Ocean Drive at night.
Stayed in a suite, which was comfortable and spacious. The view from the suite was spectacular, overlooking the pool and the bay. The hotel design was stylish and cool without being cheesy. The pool area was beautiful and a great vibe, fun and relaxing place to spend the day, and incredibly scenic with the bay in the background. Location was great, one block from a Whole Foods and Starbucks, 10-15 minute walk to the beach or to Lincoln Road, or a quick cab ride.
Overall a great stay and definitely would be happy to stay at Mondrian South Beach again.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.