my very first trip to miami was for a work conference and i was thrilled that it was being held at the mondrian south beach. i've heard many wonderful things about the mondrian hotels but had never stayed in one. from the moment we stepped into the hotel, we had a wonderful conversation with rosa at the reception desk. she upgraded us to a room on the penthouse level! the room was spacious and gorgeous. the bed was so comfortable! i almost wanted to stay in bed the entire time i was there. while i was stuck in meetings, my husband got great advice from the staff about what to do in miami. he spent some time by the pool, rented a car and found some great places with delicious cuban coffee. even though i was in meetings most of the day, the breakfasts and lunches were held on a beautiful terrace overlooking the pool. it was a great escape with delicious food during a day full of meetings. even though i came to miami for work, i left feeling like i just had a mini vacation. would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Amex, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach