This hotel is located on Miami Beach west side and offers an interesting alternative to others establishments set on the east side, next to Lincoln Road for example, or along Collins Avenue. First of all, price wise, as you get very large rooms (bedroom, living room and kitchenette area) for roughly the same price you would pay for a regular one bedroom room in a hotel on the east side of Miami Beach. Second of all, although hotel Mondrian is quite huge, it still feels cosy and not overpacked with tourists. I guess the mass tourism does not get here, as this hotel is more meant for a younger, wealthy and in crowd, definitely without children. This suited us perfectly and was one of the main reasons why we choose this place. Staff is great, very professional, always ready to help. Car service is available, although quite steep being 37 $ / 24h. Then again, there are many public parkings in the neighbourhood. The hotel's pool is great, overlooks downtown Miami, and seems heated. Good pool service. Breakfast and diner at the hotel's restaurant are very good, price wise ok. Minutes away from the Mondrian you will find a "whole foods" market, which serves amazing bio/vegan/healthy food, worth going to, to pick up food to eat in the room. The only downside is the noise coming from the hall, due to the half inch gap under the room's entrance door. If you're unlucky with a next door neighbour playing music very loud, it could be a huge problem, fortunately, it was not the case for us. Last but not least, the rooms located on the pool side (we choose street side) take "advantage" of the pool party's very loud music, it could be a problem. Overall, the hotel Mondrian is a very good choice, definitely worth every penny, a place to recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Amex, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach