First impressions upon arrival at the hotel were the escorting of a young girl off the premises and the music was playing loud everywhere. Upon arrival to the room, the room was FREEZING COLD and the finished cleaning job was way below expectation. I opened a cupboard door and there was an air conditioning unit full of dust. The front desk staff have the usual fake faces with same rehearsed speech. Requests and contacts with staff is very difficult and not easy. The pool area is kept clean and better than most hotels. Valet parking staff are all nice except one of them age aprox. 35 that appears to be on a mission to dominate the rest with his voice and body language and lack of smile.
Places that need urgent attention are ..... cleaning in between the mirror and the sink, the bottom of the shower entrance, change of the gold mosaic shelf where you put the soap in the shower which is totally loose, the chandeliers in the showers were rusted, the chandeliers at the entrance where you valet your car are all broken. So all in all I thought this hotel was all show and not much substance when you look just a little bit deeper and you see the cracks. Probably only good for party people that want to try and feel important about themselves. Very poor customer relations representation and lack of cooperation between staff which is usually caused by poor leadership. Simple training of staff, some basic repair work and a dose of common sense and less showmanship can bring this hotel to incredible glory. I am to believe that the owners are investors and not hoteliers. Thanks for reading.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.