There's no doubting that this is a great, impeccably stylish hotel but don't come here if you're anticipating peace and quiet (arguably that is true of Miami in general!) On our first night people came back in at 4am and kept the party going for a few more hourse: usually we would be annoyed but when you consider what the Mondrian is like and who it is clearly designed for we realised that we were the ones who were probably in the wrong place.
The rooms are very slickly done and actually pretty spacious for Miami. Only half of the bay view rooms have balconies so try and request one of those. Stay clear of rooms ending 06 if you can: you get a bit more space but it is right by the lift/ice machine so you get lots of noise from the corridor. Service was actually very good and helpful, in room wifi was quick (and free) and the pool area looked a great place to lounge off a hangover.
Location is interesting, a short walk to Lincoln Road mall and to South Beach: if you're looking to spend all of your time on the sand you'd be better off staying on Ocean or Collins but this was good for South Beach, Lincoln and downtown, with great bay views.
All in all a great choice if you don't want to stay in a South Beach shoebox but are ready to get dressed up and party hard (and we were also lucky to get a great deal on booking.com). If your tastes are a little more sedate however this may not be the place for you...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Amex, Splendia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach