I stayed in the fabulous studio which has a large balcony with a table, sun chairs and a shower all out on patio. It seems all the fabulous studios are in the short building to the right of the tall hotel building (see photo) that is shown on the website, because of this:
- you are right above the night club which is very loud till 4am (loud bass)
- you can't see the beach - just the top of palm trees and the water
- makes for a long walk to and from hotel room (not that bad just thought I'd mention it)
The biggest disappointments were: mouse poop found in our room (see photo), automatic 20% gratuity to all hotel services, prices were pretty steep on everything (2 glasses club soda, chicken caesar salad, side of bread = $38 @ pool) (pina colada @ pool = $15) No free internet in the room, no cell service in the room if you have AT&T (my travel partner was actually happy about the no cell service- but I was not)
Best things about the hotel: it's a hot spot, lobby is nice, pool is nice, beach area is nice, kitchenette, double sinks in bathroom - AWESOME SHOWER HEADS!!
Customer Service was overall TERRIBLE! We witnessed bartenders and other staff arguing loudly in living room bar - very tacky! In room phone became broken and never got fixed, which made it difficult since I had no cell service either. I specifically called ahead to see if I could pay with cashiers check for a portion of the bill and was told yes - but when I got there of coarse it was a big ol' problem - they ended up taking it in the end. Was told we would be surprised with something special by a "designer" after reporting the mouse poop and that promise was unfulfilled. Upon check out I was asked how the stay was - told the clerk of our issues and she promised to give me 1000 extra starwood points - another promise that, as of now, is still unfulfilled. Even calling back to find out about the extra points was a fiasco - it just seems service needs FAR BETTER training.
The hotel was pretty and the room nice- but the other issues kind of overshadow it - when you pay that kind of $ for a room - you expect a bit more class.
Be ready to spend alot of $$$$ in Miami in general, but especially if you eat or drink at the W.
- Also Known As:
- w South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- w South Beach Hotel
- w Hotels Miami Beach
- w Hotel Miami Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The W South Beach, wake up to spectacular sunrises over the Atlantic or wind down to scenic sunsets in 395 rooms and bungalows featuring the best of resort living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Olotels and Otel so you can book your W South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.