“One of the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed at the W several times for business and pleasure, and every time the service and staff exceeds expectations. Everyone is genuine and friendly with no attitude. It's nice to go back and see familiar faces and get to know the great people that work there. My husband and I used to always stay at a great art deco hotel in south beach. We were getting tired of the small rooms, but didn't want to give up the "boutique" hotel feel. The W had them both. Great rooms, spacious and newer while still feeling like a small boutique hotel. Gorgeous property and the staff is always the same. We'll always come back!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The W South Beach is an outstanding hotel for location, service, food and accommodation. The service in particular is the best my family and I have ever experienced both in the US and the UK. As one employee said to us 'The answer to any request is yes!' Amazing - we will only stay here in Miami and will now try other W hotels across the world.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The W Hotel is classy, fun , elegant and more. The service is outstanding. I was treated like a queen from the moment I arrived. Everyone is extremely friendly and ready to service any needs in a matter of minutes. They really stand to their Motto... Whenever , Wherever at This W Hotel . I have stayed in Many W hotels but this one is definitely my favorite.

Room Tip: The Spectalular Studio at a High Floor has a great view !
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere and service was outstanding. Alone on a 3 day business trip in Miami sounded like a grind. The staff and accommodations at the W made the trip a great experience. Looking forward to a return visit(For a vacation this time!)to further enjoy the facilitators at and around the South Beach W.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Boathous,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It's wonderful that our team and your accommodations made the trip all the more enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back again soon - for business or leisure!

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I did not stay at the W but i booked a bunch of services at Bliss Spa . For us sun starved montrealers in town for the easter break i wanted to go to the Bliss spa even though i wasn't staying at hotel because i had been there in the past and enjoyed their services. We got there early to sit by the pool a little before out treatments were to begin ( bear in mind that three people had booked 2 treatments each) and were denied access to the pool because we were not guests of the hotel. So i went over to talk to the front desk and manager because i said that i booked here so i could have services and enjoy the pool i have never been to a spa( and I've been all over the world) where you cannot use the amenities of the hotel. They offered me this story that Bliss is not part of W but a franchise - really?? how am I supposed to know that??? The Bliss spas are in every W hotel so your explaining something to me that i am supposed to know? Certainly i would never have booked there if i had known that as we were in Miami for three glorious sunny days and did not want to spend a few hours of that inside!!! I spoke to the manager - there was absolutely no willingness to accommodate us. I am a savvy sophisticated traveller and their philosophy was completely unacceptable - at the very least it should be told to people booking treatments that they cannot use the amenities of the W during their spa stay and because i complained there should have been something done to make things better - I'm sure i am far from the first person this has happened to - I found the whole thing absolutely distasteful and there was absolutely no desire on anyones part to accommodate even this most modest request. Its part of the whole south beach thing - they don't need exceptional customer service there because there are ten people behind me with more money trying to get in to the hotel - so i really felt , what do they care?
Anyway - to me a canadian with dollar at a premium these days i expect a minimum of service and accommodation. Never again the W in SoBe - thats for sure - this small gesture of not being able to accommodate, blaming me for not knowing Bliss is a franchise left a very negative impression- beautiful hotels are a dime a dozen - what changes the experience is the people. Shame on the Manager! absolutely distasteful!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
penny m,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit, though I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. While we love to welcome visitors and locals alike to bliss spa, we do reserve hotel amenities for our in-house guests. However, I certainly apologize for the manner in which this was addressed and hope you were able to enjoy your services. If you'd like to discuss the details of visit further, please feel free to contact us. We appreciate your feedback.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I'm typically not a big fan of W's as they tend to be to hip for battle-born travelers - however, this place is beyond the top. ALL employees get Customer service. Fabulous location, everyone who isn't staying hear wants too... Great location, functional rooms, well stocked with all the needs. The hotel offers great bars, views, clubs, beachside cabanas, pools, health club and CLEAN rooms. It's easy to see the leadership team is very engaged - you'll love this place for business and leasure!

Stayed April 2015
Jsokol,

It's wonderful to hear that you had an incredible experience while with us! I'm glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel - just steps from the sand or the exciting shopping, dining and nightlife of South Beach - along with your room and the hotel amenities. We hope you can join us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The service in the beach was amazing. luis helped us with the chairs and gave us an amazing service. I really recommend to come to the beach in W, again best service i have ever had in a beach. There is a way to enter to the beach. Theres also beach entertainment you can use the water bikes and more.

Olga

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Olga O,

I'm glad you enjoyed your time under the sun with us and that our beach team was able to make your visit all the more enjoyable. We hope you visit again soon for some more seaside leisure.

Leia.Bosco@WHotels.com

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!