“impeccable service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

and 1 more site!
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #14 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my second visit. While the hotel is certainly beautiful, it is the service and friendliness that stand out for me. From Pool bar to coffee shop to Living Room bar, everyone was very helpful, Most outstanding was our personal concierge Ralph, who was always there for us ( even by phone during his day off)

We had a Fantastic Suite on the 19th floor facing south, which I would recommend to anyone While the pool area is great, when you have the sun hitting your balcony and room service , sometimes the pool just seems too damn far.

My only caveat is that as a Platinum member, I had gotten used to other hotels (like W Fort Lauderdale) giving upgrades to the very best suites available. Here, on a somewhat slow weekend apparently only "standard suites" were available for upgrade. As nice as our suite was, I missed the plunge pool from a previous stay.

Room Tip: get a high floor facing south for best sun
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently decided to spend 2 nights in South Beach on my way home from an annual visit I make to see my Dad and Stepmom in the Keys. I usually don't stop in Miami but I had a few extra days this year so I decided to check out one of the cool hotels on Collins Avenue. A good friend works at the W so I chose to stay there. It was somewhat random and I couldn't have been more delighted with the property, the location, the personal level of service, name recognition, little niceties and the accommodations (OMG). There were so many lovely staff members but a few of them made my stay particularly enjoyable. Joey Rodriguez (Beach Attendant) was professional and kind and engaged me in a lovely conversation which I value in general but especially when traveling alone. He was so attentive in a genuine way, like I was a friend. A true hospitality pro. Also, Danielle with the Mini Bar team (they call it Munchies). She crossed my path as I arrived to my completely unexpectedly glorious room and enthusiastically participated in a photo shoot of me in my lovely room. She later left me a note with a treat to welcome me and wish me a wonderful stay. So delightful! And finally, Sydne Hornstein in the Sales office who stewarded my reservation for me and selected a lovely room for me and also made me feel like a friend. There were so many others from the Doormen to the Bellstaff to the Pool staff to the Housekeepers and even Security. I will DEFINITELY be back even though there are loads of other hotels on the strip. I have found my home.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Tracey B,

Wow, thank you for such an amazing review. I'm thrilled to hear that you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed your visit. It's also wonderful that so many of our Talent were able to make you feel all the more welcome. We hope your travels bring you back our way again soon.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Took a large group this past weekend to this hotel. The property is simply beautiful, rooms are
beautiful and well kept. Everyone was very impressed. The food and gift shop items are overpriced, but hotel is in a great location where you can eat or shop off property. It is close to great shopping. A special thank you to Claudia who made our stay more amazing.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
JCB9223,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you had some time to explore South Beach. We hope you join us again soon.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

On the plus side, the hotel itself was great. Very comfortable and stylish and the facilities including the restaurant were very good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are huge with a giant shower and living room area that's made for partying. On the minus side, a large group of us were there for business and we used the conference facilities where we had some computer equipment stolen during set-up. It's South Beach, I understand that, but it's still disappointing for a place with Ferraris parked out front.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
BigglesworthNewYork,

Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to relax at Living Room. While I'm sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced during your conference, I understand a manager from our team has been in touch with your company to resolve the issue. Should you have any other concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at GM.WSOBE@WHotels.com and we'd be happy to assist. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the W South Beach. I cannot fault anything. The location, service, facilities were wonderful. I have to single out the room, we had a Fabulous Suite, which was so spacious and luxurious. It is a great property and on one of the best spots on South beach. The food on site is expensive and the 20% gratuity as an automatic addition seems excessive, like when we got take away food at The Dutch!
Oh and can't finish without mentioning fantastic cocktails at the bar. Really well mixed mojitos and another can't recall the name but was ginger based with rum :)

• Stayed December 2014
Reman-sco,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! It's great that you were able to experience The Dutch and indulge with a few cocktails - we like the way you getaway! It's also wonderful that you liked your Fantastic Suite. We hope you can join us again soon. Until then... safe travels!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We love this hotel and it got even better when got to beach and met Benji who set us up practically on the shore. He made us feel pampered and welcomed. The hotel is beautiful. The only snafu/problem was concierge. They were not that attentive, but hey, you can't have everything.

• Stayed December 2014
C. Nicole M,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time under the sun and that our Talent made your stay all the more enjoyable. We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with Concierge and have shared your concerns with our team in hopes of improving future guests' experiences. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I absolutely loved this property. The moment we walked in the signature "W scent" hit us and I knew it was going to be a great stay. We stayed in an Oasis suite and it exceeded my expectations - the washer/dryer in the unit, kitchen with modern appliances, and let's not forget the beautiful decor throughout the rooms and hotel overall!

We went to the beach and were welcome to 2 chairs that were included in our stay (a pleasant surprise, as other hotels in the area charge you for beach chairs), but umbrellas were $15. No thanks. Darryl was our attendant at the beach and made us feel right at home. Drinks were also in the $17-$20 range and were small in portions.

My biggest con is that on the day of checkout, our door was CONSTANTLY knocked on - from the service staff (who came hours beforehand despite our early checkout to the minibar staff), making it hard to enjoy our last day. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Shan T,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and your Oasis Suite. It's also great that you able to soak up some sun at the beach and enjoy the hotel decor. I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you encountered on you last day, but we do appreciate the feedback. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

LBosco

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!