“Hot in Miami” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
“Hot in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The W really has it all if you want that hip high end Miami experience. Good location, classic cool W feel, several restaurants and super rooms. This is one of the nicer W that I have stayed at, and if you can snag a room with an ocean view you're golden. There is a bar right on the beach that plays loud music but I don't recall it going on too late. You'll probably be out partying anyway.

• Stayed May 2014

1,448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

i have just come back from the most wonderful stay at this excellent hotel..the attention to detail from the lady that seems to be able to fix anything , Gaby DiFalco was , as we say in england, most extraordinary. quite how this very cool ,and big hotel can make you feel like its a boutique hotel, is down to gaby and her team.
my group was quite a challenge, my 78 year old mum, and my 23 year old son,and my daughter of 18 , along with their girlfreind/boyfreind , all wanting something different ,but the W ,and gaby delivered .
everything about this hotel , from the rooms to the pool/beach is top class, but the staff really make it special. ive stayed at a few south beach hotels over the years, i dont need to go anywhere else now, and i should know, i own a few boutique hotels in the uk myself !! see you very soon Miami W

Room Tip: all the rooms are exellent, but try and get one in the higher floor numbers as they are closer the t...
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Matt has been at the front desk for several years
His expertise and willingness to make each of our stays extra special is much appreciated
He is a great asset to your hotel chain
Thank you Matt for taking good care of us

• Stayed August 2014
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed in the sensational suite for three nights with our three daughters and had a lovely time. My only big quibble is the check in. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel as that was included in our room rate but on arrival, we were left waiting for too long till our rooms were allocated. 8:00am to 2:00pm
it would be good procedure to give an empty room for freshening up instead of putting us in a common room where anyone could walk in! We wanted to make the most of our time there and we could have been sunbathing three hours earlier if that had been offered initially rather than later! Also a welcome drink and breakfast on arrival would have helped as the rate we paid was astonomical for our room.
We also had the use of an insider with our room rate who never made an effort to come and introduce himself to us in our four day stay! On the last day, my daughter lost her diamond bracelate and she rang him for help which straight went to his voicemail.
I must say that Gabby made an effort to redeem her colleague by helping us on the last day. She offered us a very little compensation but her attitude was good.

Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thanks for your feedback. While we're certainly happy you enjoyed your stay with us in your Sensational Suite, we take the points you listed for areas of improvement seriously and will be sharing with our team to improve the guest experience. Thank you for joining us here in South Beach, we can't wait to see you again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently spent a weekend at the W South Beach with my beautiful girlfriend and friends. We had two standard rooms on the 4th floor. This was not one of my favorite W hotel stays and there is definitely room for improvement. As a SPG Platinum I will stay at the W South Beach on my next trip to Miami. If you are used to St.Regis, Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton type treatment and service this hotel may not be the best option for you.

Location: The W is located on Collins Avenue and 22nd Street in MIami Beach. It is walking distance from Lincoln Road and the other trendy hotels such as Delano, Setai, SLS, Loews and the Raleigh. It is a $32 flat fare plus $1 surcharge taxi ride from the airport to the hotel. The hotel is also on the beach. I would rate the hotels location as excellent.

Service: This is where I have the biggest qualms with this hotel. I think the staff could smile more and be more welcoming. I feel this gets lost with the W trying to be trendy. If the W can combine St. Regis like service with the trendy atmosphere this could be a winning combination for young professionals with disposable income. While asking for assistance I tended to feel like i was bothering the staff which I didn't like. Housekeeping also was unable to clean my room by the time I returned from the pool at 5:45pm. There are some other minor things that occurred which while not huge in themselves did leave an impact. I believe the manager on duty, Logan made great strides to try and improve the service and improve our experience. I thought he had the right attitude and I will return due to him.

Room: The standard room we had, while on a low floor was very spacious with a balcony. The bathroom is large as well. The bed is very comfortable. Overall, the room is definitely a strong selling point for this hotel. I was very happy with this room.

Food: Mr. Chow is a chain and the other restaurant is the Dutch. I thought the food to be good at Dutch and they have an impressive breakfast. The service at the Dutch would be one of the worst places I have been to and they automatically add 20% gratuity which is extremely tacky.

Gym: They gym at this hotel is very large and well stocked. There are cold bottles of water, towels and apples. The weights go up to 50 lbs and there is a SMITH machine with 45 lb plates as well. Overall, another strong point for this hotel.

Overall, due to Logan's efforts I will stay here again. Just a note, for Starwood Platinum members, this hotel is considered a resort so they are not required to honor YOUR24 requests, early check in or late check outs. We couldn't do any of them which would have been very helpful. They also are not required to upgrade you even with availability ( They seem to run at high occupancy rates anyway). This hotel has a good pool, is on the beach and has great rooms. With some service improvements this could be a great hotel on SOBE....if you can afford it . It is an expensive hotel by most standards with rates of $500 plus per night or 35,000 star points ( Category 7).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 4 days ago
We appreciate your thorough feedback, especially as one of our valued platinum members. We're happy to hear that Logan's can-do attitude will be bringing you back, and are confident that, when you return, you will see many of your suggestions in action.

Until next time,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed here for 6 nights with 2 teenagers 17 and 13 . We all loved it, beautiful building and great spot on the beach. Our first suite 'oasis' just wasn't big enough so we upgraded ,more money but a much better option for us which gave the kids their own room and bathroom , the suite had a kitchen , 2 bed and 2 bath with 2 balconies and a partial view of the ocean. Staff were all very helpful and efficient, Chris in 'the Dutch' restaurant gave us some great suggestions and fabulous service on our first night, lovely food.
Pool service at "wet" pool and bar was brilliant! All staff great and eager to help, carafes of ice water for nothing were replaced frequently, and great food supplied at sun beds. This hotel is not cheap but is in a fabulous location and gave us what we needed for our Miami beach break.

Room Tip: Check what is available in your room when you book to save confusion .
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 4 days ago
So glad your whole family was able to enjoy a South Beach escape in one of our spacious suites! Thanks for making us your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was supposed to be a once in a lifetime vacation for our family. Unfortunately, we encountered many disappointments along the way. As a family of 5 I requested rooms close to one another and while they were on the same floor, they couldn't have been further apart. We only had a queen size bed, so my son had to sleep on the couch which wasn't comfortable. No one offered a roll away bed until I requested one the next day. I also requested to have my kids' room moved closer which I was informed would happen in the early afternoon, but didn't actually happen until around 3pm. Went up to our room several times throughout the day but no one ever cleaned it until I complained around 4:30. Room wasn't finished until after 6pm. At which time I was still waiting for a roll away bed they assured me would be brought up. Seems as though they charge you for everything (except house cleanings). Beach chairs, which I think I should receive one for all of my family members were $20. You are only able to get 2 per room and is not unreasonable to include an umbrella which is a must have if you plan on staying on beach was an extra $15. And by the way if you leave for more than an hour they will allow others to sit in your chairs even if you tell them you'll be back. Over all we will not be back. For the amount of money we spent for two rooms we shouldn't have wanted for anything!!! As a positive the staff was extremely friendly.

Stayed August 2014
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are truly sorry for the challenges you faced. Please email me directly at stephanie.dunn@whotels.com so that we can discuss the issue further. Once again, our sincere apologies.

Stephanie Dunn

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!