“Nice room and property with some minor room for improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #10 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fairfax, VA
“Nice room and property with some minor room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We travel a lot and stay in 4-5 star hotels often. I chose The W because I read many great things about this hotel on tripadvisor.

This trip was to celebrate my cousin's 40th birthday. And honestly it just did not pan out the way I expected. My husband and I have Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond status. Every time we have celebrated an anniversary, birthday, or momentous occasion Marriott and Hilton have always surprised us with special treats in our room. (That's why we stay there so often). I called days prior to our stay and emailed the W and made it clear we were celebrating a big birthday. Upon arrival (4:30pm) our room was not ready. At first we were offered access to a hospitality suite and I said NO because I had read it is shared with others and it has a single shower. Then they tried offering us the use of a standard room until our room was ready and I was so annoyed because I had traveled all day to get there and all I wanted to do was to get into MY room so I could relax and unpack and start my vacation. The front desk people were so so rude. When the manager came out the guy who had been helping us rolled his eyes at us and continued to roll his eyes at us whenever we walked past the front desk throughout our stay. Finally after speaking with the manager he said he would give us half off our bill for the night and acted like HE was doing US a favor.

They did nothing to make my cousin feel special for her birthday and really ruined our excited happy moods with their attitudes with all of the hassle of having to switch rooms and their snobby attitudes. For the price we were paying for this hotel we could have stayed somewhere just as nice and been treated so much better.

Post drama with front desk and finally getting our room everything was golden. The Oasis suite was gorgeous. It was awesome having a full kitchen. The view was one of the best in South Beach and the food and drinks at the hotel phenomenal. The pool was ok. It was your typical South Beach pool, much like the Palms a few blocks down the street. And the beach very very nice. It was not too difficult to find seating by the pool or chairs on the beach.

The spa and the massage I received there made my trip personally. I had the best massage of my life! The man was Sweedish and gave me a full on Sweedish massage and he knew what he was doing. I was a new woman after that one.

Next time I visit South Beach I will either stay at the Fountain Blue, Hilton Bentley, Ritz, or St. Regis Bal Harbor for better service and come back to the spa at The W for the experience again :-).

• Stayed July 2014
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and sincerely apologize that this was not the case during your stay. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at stephanie.dunn@whotels.com so that we may discuss in further detail.

Stephanie Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just returned from a 6 day stay @ the W Hotel in Miami South Beach. Best vacation in years. Hotel staff was beyond helpful. Rooms were clean, very spacious and contemporary. The pool manager was so helpful in booking a fishing trip for my boys and helping me plan a birthday party for him. The service was excellent and I can't wait to return. Very safe environment and the staff was specially trained in customer service. Very Pleased!

Stayed July 2014
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
It sounds like you had a lovely South Beach experience, and it was our pleasure to help make your trip unforgettable. Hope to see you soon!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Because of Quitin n Jennifer Hussey both night n day front desk managers my stay at W south beach was AMAZING with zero complain...even when I need to extend the days without being moved out of the suite they went beyond for us...super attentive and always smiling...most definitely going back n strongly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Always try having a conversation with whoever is attending to you and ask them for a room with ur vi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Fantastic. We're so glad you enjoyed your extended stay with us, and look forward to sharing you kind words with Jennifer and Quentin. We love positive guest feedback like this!

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

this was my first time at the W South Beach.I have stayed at other W's before.I stayed 6 days and I not want to leave.Everyone there was superb from the outside valet to the bellmen to the first desk.
All represented the brand with class. Especially loved The Dutch in the hotel.Great food and service.Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Nice! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your first stay with us, and hope this will be the first of many.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Having worked in a Hotel and being in operations I always am super critical about customer service. I was pleased to be staying at the W for the Swimwear convention and I must admit the staff was AMAZING. From Juan Martinez the style supervisor always being available to all the banquet staff treating us top notch; Aldo Pacheco, Jose Jaramillo, Sandra Vasques, Picardo Ponce... I can keep going since I got to know the staff so well. Love the line "Whenever, However"! I would be happy to stay at this property anytime and hope the banquet staff and service staff get a huge praise for the amazing job they did!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thanks for your stellar review! We're so glad you got a chance to check out the energy of W South Beach during Swim Week. Hopefully we'll get to see you next year, too!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I keep coming back to the W south beach, I simply love this hotel and all that it stands for.

Thank you so much Jimmy Chan, operation manager ,for everything you did for me during my stay.

Rick Ueno, general manager, you are fantastic, thank you for reaching out to me and helping me out. I really appriciate your way of dealing with me as a hotel guest.

I also want to acknowledge some of the people working arround the pool area. Aaron Ivy, you were always there for me. Cristobal, you made everything so easy I appriciate you being so service- minded. Also want to thank Laura Mercedes, you really know how to treat the guest the right way. Special thanks to Manny Tejeda, always smiing and helping me out. Special thanks to Jose Louise Mamani, you are super nice,thank you for being so friendly during my stay. I will most definitely come back. All of You guys made my two weeks very special. Thank you!!!

/ Jonas from Stockholm / Sweden

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We appreciate your continued loyalty to W South Beach, and are happy to see that our team makes each of your stays so memorable. We can't wait to have you back! See you soon.

stephanie.dunn@wsouthbeach.com
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

the service is excellent and Krod, an employee who works there is one of the best hotel employees I have ever seen. the workers their are fantastic and it's a great hotel + location. Recommended fosho

• Stayed July 2014
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review. We can't wait to have you back.

stephanie.dunn@whotels.com

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!