“Memorable 21st birthday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #26 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Memorable 21st birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My family and I decided to stay at the W Hotel for my 21st birthday weekend. We initially booked two suites: the oasis and the fantastic. The rooms were both located on the 7th floor, but were unfortunately on opposite sides of the hallway. Both rooms were beautifully decorated, in typical W fashion, and had nice views despite being parallel to the ocean. Everything seemed to be going well until we got into bed at night. The bed was covered in feathers, despite the fact that our profile indicated that we were highly allergic. After several calls down, housekeeping finally came up and changed the bedding.
The next morning we received a call from Cesar Arriago. He was very understanding and went above and beyond to make our experience as positive as possible. We were upgraded to the sensational suite on the 18th floor. This was a beautiful 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite with a media room. The room itself is very spacious and like our previous suites, beautifully decorated. The views were great as well. He didn't stop there. He also got us a cabana by the pool for my birthday, as well as the next day. When we came back from dinner that night, our suite had been decorated with balloons, streamers, banners and dessert for my birthday. It made me feel extremely special and was one of the many pieces that made my birthday weekend so memorable. In addition to Cesar, Claudia Mosconi also went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was as memorable as possible. We can't thank her and Cesar enough for all that they did for us during our stay.

My family and I have stayed at hotels all around the world and were blown away by how hospitable and friendly the staff were. Each and every staff member we passed said hello to us and asked us how our day was. Coming from someone who is studying hospitality, these small encounters greatly impact a guest's stay and overall experience. My 21st birthday was extremely memorable and one of the best birthdays yet thanks to the W South Beach and it's wonderful staff.

Thank you again for everything and my family and I are looking forward to our next stay in the near future!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1,396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my first visit to the W South Beach and it exceeded all my expectations. Leading up to my visit, I was concerned that I would not receive great service since I am not of celebrity status, however, from the moment I arrived at the hotel and throughout my stay, personalized service was at the forefront of everything at the W Sobe. The staff always greeted me with a smile, inquiring how was my stay and if I needed anything to make my stay that much better! OMG, the rooms ---- I was not expecting anything fancy, but perhaps I was upgraded due to being a loyal SPG member. The suite they assigned me was way over the top. I was traveling alone so I didn't know what to do with the almost 1,200sqft of space in the Oasis Suite. I took the pleasure of eating dinner at Dutch which is their three meal a day restaurant. If you eat there you have to try the grilled porkchops. I plan return one day and will try Mr. Chow. I've only heard great things about it on entertainment television and TMZ following the celebrity stars. Overall, my visit to the W South Beach was more than I could have imagined....the hotel is well appointed and the staff's level of service and committment to guest satisfaction sealed it for me. I will continue to be a SPG member and only stay at the W South Beach when I visit Miami

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I travel quite frequently for work and Starwood properties are the preferred hotel accommodations within my companies travel booking site. As a young professional, the W hotels are normally my property of choice as they offer a very cool and chic vibe. Needless to say, I love staying at W hotels, and have had the pleasure of visiting no less than 15 of their properties over the past few years.

With that said, the W South Beach far exceeds any other hotel property I have ever stayed at. From the moment I pulled up to the front door in my rental car, to the moment I left the complimentary hospitality suite (they fully understand that you need to change out of bathing suite before heading to the airport), the staff was completely on their A game. Friendly, helpful, and FAST... anything you need at this hotel will be provided to you at the snap of a finger by an extremely friendly face.

Room - The rooms are impeccable. Upon check in, I was immediately upgraded to a spectacular suite with breathtaking views of the beach to the north and a balcony that is bigger than my NYC apartment. It is a rare opportunity to experience the way the other half lives.

Amenities - pool/beach/gym/food - all of it is perfection. The staff take perfect care of each individual. Hell, there is even a full size basketball and tennis court on the roof of the 7th floor.

Staff - the best in the industry.

The kicker... - 3 days after my stay, I received a personalized email from the General Manager of the hotel to thank me for filing out the post stay survey, and informed me to send him a personal email back if I ever book at the hotel again. This very simple gesture and piece of personal communication is the icing on the cake for the way this hotel is run. It is no wonder that the staff does such an amazing job when their GM's take such care of their guests.

Again, truly remarkable hotel. I will not stay anywhere else in the future when I travel to Miami.

Room Tip: I stayed in a spectacular corner suite on the 16th floor. It had a balcony I could have lived on th...
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here 3 nights and could not have walked away more impressed. Entire staff (through multiple shifts) was nothing short of impeccable. Their professionalism was only rivaled by their congeniality.
Rooms were exceptional. Poolside staff, bar and restaurant were spot-on. (I didn't' do the beach thing but I can only presume it's more of the same.)
Mr Chow's restaurant (on premises) is a fantastic dining option.

FLAWS:
The other on premise restaurant (DUTCH) has excellent fare and more of that excellent W service…but it's grotesquely overpriced. Pool sound system could use a 50% volume increase…to bring it up to audible.

Quality digs and a really good vibe. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
lafayette, la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We originally booked the fantastic suite, and were upgraded complimentary to the spectacular suite. The difference in the two is absolutely amazing and I paid the Fantastic suite price. I was completely BLOWN away. In addition the Whatever/Whenever service delivered approximately 5 requests we had in record time. The Dutch was amazing for breakfast and the Pool had a few celebrities my girlfriend recognized. There are no words for my experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the W Hotel in Miami during fashion week and we only have great things to say about it! The Hotel is Beautiful!!! a nice lobby and the pool and beach areas have the best ambiance with luscious vegetation and nice palm trees. The hotel bar also has the best atmosphere in the evenings, definitely try to stop by for a couple of drinks before or after dinner. The staff and service we had at our suite was what ABSOLUTELY MADE THE DIFFERENCE! These people are the Best of the Best! Just to name a few; Thank you Mr. Aldo Pacheco, Banquet Captain, Ricco Ponce, Jose Jaramillo, Sandra Vazquez, Valentina Yeliseyeva! Our suite was spotless thanks to the lovely Winie Aspilaire and Earl Newton. And Lastly our Style Supervisor Mr. Juan Martinez was amazing everyday!
Thank you everyone and thank you W Hotel for the outstanding staff
We will see you Again Soon!
We will miss Miami!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the W in South Beach with my familiy early this year. We loved the trip. Classic W and classic Miami Beach, which - to me - is the perfect combination. Great service, too, we did have a problem with a taxi driver and the receptionist sorted it out for us. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!