“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Cardiff
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Firstly I would like to thank Antonella at reservations , I kindly asked for room 1909 (previously stayed there) when I booked in advance, she informed me that she would were possible accommodate my request, and thankfully that was the case when we arrived. I would recommend this room for its views and tranquillity.
Beach and pool service were excellent and thankfully it seems to have lost some of it's stuffiness and pomp. I would also recommend a few cocktails at the bar, well made.
Oh and the maid did a great job everyday for 8days.
Can't think of any complaints as yet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite for some R&R! We can't wait to welcome you back to the property.

1,401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I just ended my weekend stay at the W celebrating my 17 wedding anniversary with my wife , and let me tell you this place is absolutely amazing! After I did the reservation I read the reviews posted here about it, and I was a little afraid because some of them were so negative about it, and they are so far from the truth. The staff is amazing, from the valet guys to the room service. Joseph was so eager to accommodate us after such a long drive from Nashville. The staff at the dutch was top notch, the staff at the beach, the front door guys opening doors for us, the room, the shower, everything is world class with these people. We were soooo please with these guys we are planning to make this place our wedding anniversary destination every year from now on, God willing if He gives us life. Thank you so much for giving us such a wonderful experience and God bless.

• Stayed March 2014
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed a flawless anniversary with us. We hope to welcome you back for many years in the future.

Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We (married couple, no kids) love the W because of the cool and stylish hotels they make. The W south beach is another cool location. Service, rooms, beach, bars, SPA, etc. is all on the levels you expect from a 5* W, but this time (23rd of March 2014) there is a huge backdraft on my otherwise spotless W reviews: the noise next door. The hotel to the north has put up extra A/C generators (or whatever these things do) and the noise is going on around the clock on a level that I have to warn fellow travellers!

I hope the W will put up some updates on their sites on this or comment on this post when the noise is gone. But we paid extra for the nicer Mega suites and we get more noise than the other parts of the hotel, because the suites are closer to the north.

Really the only downside so far, but a big one :-(

Room Tip: Ask, if the noise of the hotel renovations north of the hotel are done! If not, be on the south part...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so sorry to hear about the noise levels you experienced during your stay. We are monitoring our neighbor's progress very closely, and will alert our guests when construction is complete. In the meantime, our signature Whatever/Whenever service is available to provide anything needed for our guests who would prefer less noise.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to W South Beach.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stay clear of this hotel. I will start with positives - the valet's were very kind as was the wait staff in the restaurant. The cleaning personnel were helpful and the room was clean.
Now the reality and what makes a stay comfortable. We travel quite a bit - approximately once a month for a week. We have never, I repeat never, been treated so poorly as we were by the front desk clerks at the W. They were slow, uncaring and cold. The pool area smelled of cigarette smoke. The area around the pool for chairs was cramped so that children were running into chairs and stubbing toes. Not enough room to move. The beach staff were packing up cushions and towels before the closing time, hurrying guests. All in all the staff at the front desk though set the tone. It is very surprising that the training is obviously not focused on customer service. If forced to stay at this hotel - one side faces a noisy construction site. The other side faces an old hotel. The rooms to have sight of the ocean but stay clear of the construction side and the other side is quite noisy with street noise. We were greeted to sirens and car alarms making sitting on the balcony less than relaxing.

Room Tip: If forced to stay at this hotel - one side faces a noisy construction site. The other side faces an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We offer our sincere apologies for the lack of 'wow' factor on your recent visit. Our staff sets the tone for the guest experience, and we are truly sorry if any aspect of your stay fell short of your expectations. We have shared your helpful feedback with the team to prevent this from happening in the future.

Berlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great hotel, very stylish - as all W hotels are- directly situated on Collins Avenue. South Beach is only a food step away where private beach beds are waiting for you. The breakfast is the best I ever had (besides Ibiza Gran Hotel), a wide range of choices, fresh squeezed juices, healthy food and execellent service. Good recommendation!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It sounds as thought you had an incredible stay. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

WGC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I'm sure there are some fantastic hotels in Miami and I haven't stayed in them, but when I come back to Miami I will be heading straight back to the W on Southbeach. I cant understand why this hotel is rated 46th in trip advisor - its just gorgeous and exceeded all my expectations. Everything about our stay here was amazing. It was better than that - it was perfect. Laid back and cool but incredibly glamorous too. The views from our room were just amazing ( I think we were on the 18th floor) as was the decor, the food - breakfast, on the beach through to dinner, right through to the bars, the swimming pools, the shop, the staff. The staff were just lovely - I have to give Douglass Hilaire a mention - he was so charming and polite and went above and beyond being helpful :) I had such a lovely time here - I've stayed in many lovely hotels but I think that this has to be in my top 5 :) Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: We were on 18th floor and had a view of the beach and the intercostal water ways - The views were gr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure. Thank you for sharing your incredible experience, and we hope to welcome you back soon for another unforgettable stay.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Hotel was everything we expected and then some. We would definitely return. Family spent a week at the resort, great atmosphere and friendly staff. Both house valet, Darko, and engineer, Reynold Mathieu, were extremely helpful and accommodating. Overall our experience was fantastic.

Room Tip: Choose south side
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

It sounds as though you had a wonderful stay! Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Amaury Piedra

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!