“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #22 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Key spot for fun, proximity, amenities, and overall south beach experience. The staff were all very friendly, the on site food is great, rooms with great views, beach and pool is in your backyard. Would stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We have one of the most desirable addresses in South Beach, and are so pleased you feel the same. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Amaury Piedra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Miami, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fantastic hotel. Great views, wonderful pool area.
The food on premises was excellent.

I did not like how the lobby was so crowded all weekend and using the key card for the elevator was bit of an annoyance, but overall this has to be one of the best hotels on Miami Beach.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Lazio, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A perfect experience in a wonderful place: glamour, art, spectacular swimming pool and very spacious rooms. I personally reccomend the Ocean view rooms over the 20th floor. We had a marvellous time, thanks expecially to Gabriella Di Falco, Lead Insider @ W South Beach and all the staff.

Room Tip: Ocean view, over 20th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your five-star review! We're happy to say that all of our rooms boast ocean views, and are especially thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your view from the top.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Maybe this property was trying to make my trip scary in honor of October and Halloween.

Let me say I WAITED for a response to my complaint BEFORE I decided to leave this poor review. REALLY how company's RESOLVE issues is VERY IMPORTANT. If there are hiccups and you go out of your way to make it nice then you tend to forget about the bad things and are just grateful they went above and beyond to resolve it.

I go to South beach and every time I am there I stare at the W and say NEXT time I'm staying there. They are ALWAYS sold out when I make plans to go. This time I made reservations MONTHS in advance to BE SURE and got my wish.

At the end of all the confusion, I was told we apologize for your experience and will work on making it better. So Basically I'm gone and the miserable construction noise and bad billing situation will forever be my memory of this place. No offers to make me WANT to come back or anything.

Let me start with the GOOD stuff first. The property is nice and in the RIGHT spot!
The staff is pleasant, the Concierge is WONDERFUL. The food was yummy. Pool is great, the beach access is easy to reach. The bathrooms are on glam status. Multiple shower heads in the shower and extra large bathtub. Lovely towels, comfy beds. Nice balcony's (although you can see down to guests private pools hee hee hee the things you see) PLENTY of room for your luggage (even though one closet was locked with no entry. made me wonder WHAT is in that closet) There were cool drawers under the bed, so accidentally losing anything under the bed is almost impossible. Our room had a kitchen so we were able to have snacks and other comforts in the fridge as well as cook a quick snack.

Now for why the "W" stands for Whack.

The room service is SLOW, and the front desk staff seem to not have great communication. When housekeeping came to cleanup they seem to forget to take the trash out under the kitchen sink. (happened twice) and once in the hallway when I saw housekeeping in the hallway after calling for them, I was asked are you in this room. Yes I replied...and the housekeeper seemed to be annoyed that I called for cleaning. The couch was UNCOMFORTABLE as well as it looked OLD and OVER USED. Really a little reupholster is in DEFINITE need. I've attached a picture so you can see what type of couch you get for all the money you pay.

I get it, it's LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION...but for the money I think the iPod deck should be upgraded and other SMALL things that would tip off the level of LUXURY.
In addition to the PRICE plus the resort tax I think if you are going to provide beach chairs then the umbrellas SHOULD be included. When compared to OTHER Starwood properties, this is SUPPOSED to be a category 7, I've stayed in NICER category 5 and 6 properties.

When I made the reservation I got a cool deal, 4th night Free. I made the reservation on the phone and the reservation agent told me the TOTAL cost for the 2 bedroom sanctuary suite. BEWARE at checkout this is NOT the total. Within the total they give you it does not include 13% for resort fee and taxes. I've stayed at MANY posh hotels including Starwood properties and the FINAL price given has ALWAYS been the final price.

Reading other reviews I KNEW about the construction of the hotel NEXT door and I inquired about it. I was told oh no worries you will be on the OTHER side. FORTUNATELY for me, Sat and Sunday there isn't any construction but SURELY Monday morning we were awaken with the construction sound BRIGHT and EARLY.

KNOWING, I myself would not be checking in on the first night I EXPLAINED and called back 4 times on different days just to CONFIRM that my friends coming in on Friday WITHOUT me would have no problems checking in and WHAT did they need. I was told JUST a credit card to hold an amount for incidentals being that MY card was on file and they would initiate a hold for the stay on mine. OF course when my guests get there they have to pay for the FIRST night in order to stay. When I checked in the next day they told me everything would be switched to my card and apologized for the misunderstanding. Ha! the apology was for NOTHING because the FOLLOWING day they not ONLY charged MY card but my friends card as well. I go back down and ask to be charged for the ENTIRE stay to make it easy and they said yeah SURE. So now my friends credit card has been charged and not only did mine get charged for the stay but an ADDITIONAL night hold. So NOW there's incidental holds on my card, and my friends card.

Everyday I'd get a call from the front desk asking who was coming to pay for the room. After ALL The confusion for our last night the nice lady at the desk gave us late checkout at 3pm. well at 1pm I get a call asking Who will be paying for the additional night since we were still occupying the room. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!? there are no NOTES anywhere to say this room has guests with LATE checkout.

How frustrating and badgered I felt. I've NEVER been on a pay as I stay status for a hotel before.

REALLY without the bad service I would lean toward a very good and excellent. It's just TOUGH to rate Excellent when I've stayed at other properties with more frills and thrills for the same price or LESS. ie: remote panel to control curtains, radio system and lights for the entire room.

In all I REALLY wanted this to be my NEW South Beach go to hotel BUT I would need and want to feel like a GUEST and NOT a pest.

Room Tip: Not sure...I inquired about the construction side and was told the room I was getting WOULD NOT be o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've stayed at the W South Beach on numerous occasions but yesterday was the best service experience ever! Ashley at the Front Desk and her Manager went above and beyond the call of duty! Incredible property with even better people!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to hear our team was able to exceed your expectations! Ashley is a fantastic asset to our Welcome Desk . Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words.

Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for our birthday from the 20-24 of October . Starting from the check in , everything was amazing. The hotel ,pool, and bar are very good. Thanks to the W Hotel staff , especially the maid who cleaned our room. She was very professional and an amazing lady. Thank you to everyone .

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing W South Beach as your escape. It's our pleasure to have hosted you, and we very much look forward to 'wow''ing you again in the future!

Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the W South Beach for a business trip. The service and staff where great. Very helpful whenever asked a question or need anything. The room have great views and I would stay here again for a vacation.

Room Tip: If you want to wake up to the sun, get a room on the South side. Not a morning person, get a room o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your view from the top! It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope to do so again in the near future.

Amaury Piedra

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!