“"Exceptional and outstanding service - staff will go the extra mile to please "” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #5 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just stayed there with my family, cant even describe the joy on my kids faces as they enjoyed all the hotels amenities .... A most wonderful staff, especially Cliff Booker, who went out of his way to make our "W" experience great!!! loved our room, especially how spacious it was !!! A great place to vacation !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors... Views are great
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for your family escape - we're so happy that the kids enjoyed the sun, sand and South Beach lifestyle! We will be sure to pass along your compliments to Cliff.

Looking forward to hosting you again during your next South Beach outing!

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have stayed at almost every single W hotel nationwide and a vast majority of W hotels worldwide. While the W hotel never ceases to amaze me with their 5 star service the whatever/whenever desk (especially in particular CLIFF One of the concierge) handled not only every single one of my requests but then went ahead and called the W New York for me to have them deliver champagne and strawberries to my room which I was at the week after JUST TO SHOW APPRECIATION FOR MY LOYALTY TO THEIR HOTEL BRAND. As a platinum SPG member I expect good service BUT This service went above and beyond 5 stars!!! Thank you again Cliff.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

It is our pleasure to go above and beyond five-star service four our guests. We hope you enjoyed your champagne and fresh strawberries, and are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Don't waste your money. Everything is extra here.
The positive: arrived in the morning and got into the room
Towels changed twice a day (although terrible for the environment) (definitely not San Fran)

Lots of security

The constructive/bad:
20% gratuity included on everything plus the 9% tax
Slow slow service
Weak weak drinks
The room: no coffee maker (calked 4 times gave up)
Bath products although nice were used by the previous guests (black hair left behind)
Shower that flooded (took 2 phone calls and 30+ minutes

Fridge that was like a stove aka not cold at all

Had a spot at the pool and someone moved our stuff because we supposedly had been gone for 30 minutes and I mean our stuff was lying out and had been put into bags. And the previous days this had not occurred. I'm sure if I had a Louis Vuitton this would not have been the case.

I've stayed other places on south beach. Stay almost anywhere else.

Plus this place is near nothing. You need to walk a mile to get to everything.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We express our sincerest apologies for the lack of service you received from our staff. Please know this is not the way we run our operation. With the helpful feedback you provided, we can utilize this experience as a training tool for future guest experiences. Thank you again for your constructive feedback.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The staff was friendly and we were able to check in early. But those were the highlights. We didn't have a coffee maker in our room and never received one although we requested it 3 different times. Our carpet was soiled and one of the soaps had been used by the guest before us. We also had to call 3 times for soap, shampoo, etc. Our first night there out shower didn't drain, resulting in a big puddle in the bathroom and hall. We also had to call twice about this and twice for extra towels. The last day was the final straw. Like every other guest, we held chairs by the pool. When we came back several other guests had moves our stuff, not once, but twice and then we were told you can only hold chairs for 30 minutes. Well, let me tell you: there were tons of empty, saves chairs with towels for an hour or so.

This hotel is not all it's cracked up to be. I live in Boston and have visited many other places where I stayed at less expensive hotels that treated me better and didn't have any of these people.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced on your visit with the coffeemaker and shower. Our main priority is and always will be out guests' utmost satisfaction, and we will discuss this matter in further detail with our team to ensure future guests do not endure the same experience.

Once again, thank you for letting us know what transpired, and our sincerest apologies.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great hotel, disappointed by service

I want to start by saying I really loved the location and the hotel itself. I would recommend it to others except for a couple of things. When I booked this hotel, the reservation agent at Starwood made a mistake by booking me Thursday to Friday and then Saturday to Monday, forgetting to book the Friday to Saturday. It was escalated to corporate customer service where it took a week of me calling and trying to follow up with no luck. Finally someone contacted me and let me know the room I originally wanted was unavailable as it was a long weekend but she could see what she could do. We were travelling with an infant so I really just wanted a room with a kitchenette so I could prepare, clean up and store her food. I took it into my own hands when I didn't hear back by booking another room so I wouldn't lose out completely on this trip. When we arrived, I was told that nothing was done for us and they were unaware of the problem and I should contact corporate customer service directly. The whole experience just got me very upset and it was extremely time consuming especially with an infant to look after. Fast forward to our second last day, we were waiting for our car from valet and they brought it up with a flat tire. When we asked the 4 valet guys what had happened, they were immediately defensive and said they would check the cameras as it isn't there fault. The fact that there was a flat tire wasn't my problem because it could happen but the fact that they stood around just looking at the flat tire and gave no alternative options or suggestions to get it fixed was very disappointing and frustrating. On top of that, we had our 9 month old with us and were okay with the fact that we were getting into an unsafe car to deal with the problem ourselves. The least they could do was to point us in the direction of the nearest gas station to put in some air but instead they all stood around watching us and seeing what we would do.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. While we are thrilled you enjoyed our property and location, we would like to express our sincerest apologies for the lack of service you received from our staff. Please know this is not the caliber with which we service our guests. With the helpful feedback you provided, we can utilize this experience as a training tool for future guest experiences.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and we hope you will consider us in the future.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just spent the weekend at the W south Beach. This was my first time at a W hotel and I must admit I was Impressed. The outside view is nice and the Lobby gives off and artistic luxury type of vibe. Love, Love, Loved my room, it was very spacious and unqiue. I had a great view of ocean and the city.

The hotel staff overall were very friendly and generous. Even the house keepers were super nice. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their job and really went out of their way to make me happy. One person that really sticks out was a curly haired style attendent named Jean or gene. Very respectful and polite young man even after several request still remained curtious and didnt seemed bothered or annoyed. I had dinner at both resturants in the W. both were very exquisite. Sunday I visited the Spa it was a little small but I enjoyed myself. The Pool was very nice, it looked like a scene out of a movie. Overall I really enjoyed my first visit at the W. Next time I'll bring my husband. Its a great romantic gettaway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

We're pleased to hear that you were impressed by your first stay at a W Hotels property, and that our suites and staff delivered our signature 'wow' factor.

We're looking forward to welcoming your husband for your romantic getaway!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

For the last three weeks we stayed at the W South Beach from Wed-Sun during construction on our beach house. Each time we checked in, the friendly face at reception made us feel very welcome. The W staff was very accommodating during each visit, in particular with our year old Jack Russell puppy who fell in love with the valets and lobby staff. We will highly recommend the W South Beach to friends and family. And, even though our property is only two blocks away, I know we'll be checking in again soon. Thank you to everyone at the W, we miss you already :)

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to hear about your wonderful experience at W South Beach. We love when guests bring their pups to enjoy the property!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!