“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #17 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my second stay at the W South beach.
Here are my views on the following items in this hotel:
Rooms: fair sized, typically W vibe, some corners starting to show a bit of wear but overall not bad.
Pool: quite crowded on the weekend. There is another smaller more quiet pool.
Food: did not bother since the pool side food and the breakfast were not that good on the previous stay.

While most of the staff were courteous and polite overall, there were a number of issues.

Firstly, the duvets were quite worn out. The material inside had become hard and gritty. It took two different groups of people to come up before they understood and changed my duvet.
I've stayed at a lot of hotels and never had felt anything so bad!

I stayed at a fabulous suite and on the first day I opened up the window but somehow it could not close. Because it was a saturday night, it was quite noisy. I asked for someone to come up and close the window but no one came. After awhile I gave up and called back to tell them not to send anyone tonight because it was getting late. So the first night sleep did not go well and next morning required more coffee to wake up.

On the second day we went out in the morning and afternoon but returned by around 3:30 for some rest. I was quite surprised to find that our room was not cleaned yet. I called whatever/whenever and was told that housekeeping service could be anytime between 9am to 6pm but they would send someone now. After almost an hour still no one came and another call was made to reception.

On the third night something strange happened. At around 1030pm, someone knocked on our door. We were a little concerned since we had not called for any services. Because I was at the other end of the room, by the time I walked to the door, the person from the outside had already started to open the door. Fortunately, I arrived at the door right in time to flip the security latch over. Through the gap there were two people looked like they were from housekeeping. I asked them what did they want and their reply was "just checking if you are good". The only thing I can think of was that at night they were supposed to put bottled water and chocolate on the night table and they did not do that on that particular night. Still, I find it somewhat bizarre to get a knock on my door at 1030 pm.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel staff and management works tirelessly to satisfy all your wishes. Obviously the customer service training has paid off. The room attendant Paulette D. And her co worker Juan Martinez learned that it was our 30th wedding anniversary. They surprised us with a cake and a bottle of champagne delivered to the room! They were really happy for us. This was an amazing surprise. We will definately be back. Great weekend getaway spot.

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The service I received during my stay at the W was spectacular. Gaby De Falco helped organize and arrange my plans while in Miami, and I couldn't have had a better time thanks to her help. If you're looking for a luxury hotel with a helpful staff, you won't do better than Gaby and the W. Will be staying at the W exclusively during my next Miami trip! Also grateful to Manny at the pool for being so helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for our wedding on Miami beach. Everything about the hotel is amazing, the pools are great, especially the adults only pool. All the staff are really friendly and helpful. Everywhere is immaculately clean, and the rooms are gorgeous. We cant wait to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just returned from a 5 day mini-break at the W Hotel and would definitely return. I have been visiting South Beach for 16 years and this hotel is my favourite all round package (style, staff, rooms, ambiance, attitude, service). The rooms are fantastic (remember to ask for south facing), the pool is chilled chic 24/7 with great service at the pool bar. The Dutch restaurant serves a mean breakfast and the concierge service is excellent and well organised.

Room Tip: Ask for South side.. Better views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Going to South Beach Miami, you must stay at this fabulous Hotel. Positioned on South Beach, there is plenty to see nearby but, why leave the hotel!.
We had a fantastic room that was fitted with the latest digital audio and TVs. We had a microwave and coffee machine.

The Bathroom is fab with a Jacuzzi and separate shower. Maid service was first class. Facilities were excellent. WiFi also. A great stop for us before our Cruise to the Caribbean.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

First off. This is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed at. From the pool to the ridiculously gorgeous room which was HUGE! We stayed at a fabulous suite. I have no words for this room other than STAY IN IT lol. Only downside is that it is on a low floor (the 3rd floor which is the first floor that rooms start on). Other than that the private balcony was huge with two comfortable reclined beach chairs and a nice view of the blue sky if it isn't raining (You don't get the beach chairs on the higher floors). There was a hot tub with two vanities and 3 shower heads. Two TV's=cool. So you get the picture, it's like one of the most awesome ikea rooms you've ever seen lol.

NOW overall... This is an UPSCALE hotel which means be ready to open your wallet as soon as you get to the front door. The drinks are super expensive with a 21% service tip and local AND state taxes added to your tab on TOP of the tip for the bartender. 2 mimosas=$50 cha-ching! There are towel boys who set up your poolside chairs and a bellman who bring your luggage to your room and guess what? tip tip tip. Luckily there is a Walgreens or a CVS (I forgot) across the street where you can buy essentials and a cheap bottle of wine if you just want to stay in and enjoy the room and pool. BOTTOM LINE: BEAUTIFUL property. Expensive. Not close to anything. If you got the money kudos! Enjoy! If you don't, there are STILL ways to enjoy this hotel without murdering your wallet. Safe trips everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!