“Amazing first experience in Miami thanks to the W” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Amazing first experience in Miami thanks to the W”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The property as a whole is beautiful. We stayed in the Oasis Suite and it was huge with a balcony attached to the living room area as well as the bedroom. We came down to Miami to celebrate a 21st birthday and from when we arrived to when we checked out, Melissa (hotel manager) made sure it was a special experience. The pool was amazing and the staff was willing and eager to get you anything you could possibly want. Lunch by the pool was delicious and so was breakfast at The Dutch. Dining on the property is expensive, however you pay for quality food and great service. Beach access is also extremely convenient. Overall the W provided flawless service in every aspect and the beautiful architecture and design of the hotel made it an unforgettable experience on all levels. We were treated like VIPs and I could not have asked for a nicer trip. I can't wait to be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WSoBeGM, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that we were able to make this special 21st birthday a memorable one for you and your party. I will make sure that we mention your comments to Melissa! We hope to welcome you and your party back for many more birthdays to come.

Hope to see you soon!

1,413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is not for families on a budget, but as I mentioned in my profile we like to splurge occasionally :) The location is great, rooms are modern, clean and very spacious! We also had an amazing view (facing the ocean)!!! The customer service was outstanding!
I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay as well as the location of W South Beach. We strive for 120% satisfaction of our guests and I am happy that we achieved this over your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I celebrated an important event at the W on South Beach in Miami earlier this month. Raph Chaoul, a W Insider in Miami, really delivered, helping me to receive a tremedous upgrade and deliverying flawless service. Needless to say, I will be back often!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

What a great experience! Ralph is wonderful, and I am so happy that he made your experience that much more memorable. I will be sure to share your comments with him, and we hope to welcome you back very soon. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Miami Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have had MULTIPLE stays at the W South Beach and from START to FINISH this property delivers....GREAT restaurants! AMAZING pool! INCREDIBLE Night Club, Top Notch staff (Team Leader Ligy Alarcon has helped me each time) and she is truly awesome from making sure I get the best reservations, to setting up spa treatments, fresh fruit daily in my room ect..ect..ect...I HIGHLY recommend this spot!! This hotel really shows why STARWOOD is the best hotel chain out there!

Room Tip: Ocean views are the best! LOVE the Oasis room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would first like to start off by saying that you for your continued patronage to W South Beach, it is great to hear that you choose us above the rest! Ligy is a doll, and we are lucky to have this gem as part of our team. I will be sure to share your comments with her!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, thanks for posting such an awesome review!

toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am Platinum for life with SPG and a doctor by profession and have had 1000+ stays with them but have never had to post a negative review of any of their properties. I stayed here on July 5 th and was booked for 2 days on my corporate rate which allows a 6 pm cancellation . I decided to leave on 6 th and staff was pissed off as they couldn't charge me the hefty cancellation fees and demanded an immediate check out. I complied to later find out they added$200 to my bill for " Room Damage" . I called the hotel back and they said they couldn't tell me what it was for and the manager has to call me back as he was in the meeting. Manager never called me back and I had to contact SPG corporate services and opened up a file and they were told charge was for smoking in the room. I, of course do not smoke. SPG corporate services gave the hotel 7 days to either produce a proof of damage or return the money and hotel has still not bothered to reply to me. If this is the treatment towards a member of my stature with SPG, watch out. I am insulted to say the least.

Room Tip: Stay away and if you are SPG member, consider Four Points.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear that you not only endured challenges during your visit, but post visit with the additional charge that was imposed upon you. Please know this is not the way we run our operation, and I will discuss this matter in further detail with my team to ensure future guests do not endure the same experience. Once again thank you for letting us know what transpired and please contact us if your matter still has not been resolved.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is our third time back at the W south beach and it was even better than before because of two main reasons a man named Ralph Chaoul that pretty much did everything and anything for us from setting up restaurant reservations to guiding us to the best spots and setting up transportation. He went simply beyond and we appreciated it. Secondly, we stay in the two bedroom corner suite which was perfect for my family of 4 and perfect ocean views. We will be back for Christmas.

• Stayed July 2013
WSoBeGM, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor Community. We are delighted that you had such an amazing visit, and even better thanks to Ralph! I will make sure to share your feedback with him, and we look forward to welcoming you back in December as much as you look forward to returning.

Thanks again!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I usually stay at the Ritz but this time we decided to stay at the W. I thought the hotel had a great vibe and very cool interior. The rooms were big and even had 1 1/2 bathrooms and a kitchen. Great tub and the furniture was sophisticated and the view was great. In the bedroom there is this great hanging chandelier that when you bump it it sounds like a wind chime which at night when the air was on you could here it which at first I thought would bug me but it was not bad at all. Just FYI. The service was nice and one day the big pool was full so we were seated at the side pool which was great bc it was like having a private pool. The only down side to that pool (and the big pool) was the noise from the construction next door. It was pretty loud. We ate breakfast at the Dutch which was good. The black and white cake we had for snack was great! It is pricey ($10 for one iced coffee??) but it is the W and was a nice change from the Ritz. We will be staying here again. We also got massages at Bliss which was a nice massage but the waiting area for woman and the facilities were just average and it was really bright. After being in a dark nice room for an hour you come out to bright bright light. The showers were out of soap and if there is more then 1-2 people trying to get ready its tight with only one hair dryer. The Ritz definitely has a better spa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

What a treat for you to stay with us instead of the Ritz this visit! It's great that we captured your heart! So happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We get great feedback from our guests about the VIP Pool with your same sentiments, as it is quaint and "private."

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and we thank you for your patronage.

W SoBe GM

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!