“Great Hotel with good services..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #22 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Playa del Carmen
“Great Hotel with good services..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel has an amazing Location. Right next to everything. What I love about it is that the restaurants are very good and you can actually get a good breakfast. The terrace downstairs is a great place for Brunch.
The good thing about this place is that even though it is a party hotel the rooms are so high up it does not bother you, as opposed to other South Beach hotels that are so small you feel like you are sleeping on the dance floor.
Did not use Spa so nothing to say.
Rooms are excellent and good size, well appointed and bed is unbelievable comfy!
The only negative which is why I give it 4* is that once you leave resort after they close the main entrance to the public you become one more trying to fight to get in... even though you do not want to get into the clubs. They treat you like one more wannabe partyer not as a hotel Guest.
I have been to many hotels in South Beach and to be honest, this so far is my favourite because of the good rooms and good food.

Room Tip: The Higher the better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WSoBe, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello Albalboy,

Thank you for your review. We do have a great location with a short walk to many of South Beach’s attractions. The Dutch and Mr Chow offer amazing creations to make any day perfect from start to finish. We would like to apologize for the problem when trying to enter the hotel at night. Your security and safety is very important to us which is why we require verification. But we understand you frustration and we will be sending your feedback to our Hotel Manager to address. We hope to welcome you back again soon and please let us know Whatever/Whenever you need.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
North Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this property numerous occasions the last four years. I have to say that it's just getting worse and worse and the last time we had such a bad experience we will not return to any W.

The hotel has a great potential with its location and design of the hotel, but you would expect when you pay quite a lot that they would try to keep the standard. When arriving in the room, windows are very dirty, balcony has not been cleaned (Old news papers, half eaten chocolate etc)

We where supposed to stay for 3 nights, but we couldn't as they had a night club close to our room so we couldn't sleep. When pointing this out, they where not willing to find a solution.

I always liked W and find their contemporary innovation very fresh, but you should also expect some minimum standard.

Our love story with W is over

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Peter P,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay. We greatly appreciate you as our guest and will send your feedback to our General Manager to address our service. We would love to speak with you more in regards to your last stay and past stays with us. Please send us an email with your contact information and we will get back to you right away, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visited South Beach on my own for a few days in October. Being alone- I was looking for a place centrally located and upbeat. I had stayed at the W South beach a few years prior and decided to stay there again. As a Platinum Starwood member I was treated wonderfully. I had a personal concierge whom I could call prior to my visit and during for anything I needed- reservations for dinner, services, etc.... When I arrived I was upgraded to a beautiful 1200 sq ft suite- I did not want to leave. The suite was spacious and spotless, felt like my home. The bar downstairs very enjoyble and I was able to walk everywhere from the hotel- no cabs needed! The beach was beautiful and the service on the beach was excellent. I truly felt like a VIP. I recently visited South Beach again and stayed elsewhere.... that won't happen again!

Room Tip: Choose a high level floor to avoid the noise on the street below
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hello Michele L,

Thank you for your review. We were sad you didn’t stay with us on your most recent trip to South Beach but we look forward to welcoming you on your next. We do have a great location and easy walking distance to many of South Beach’s sites. Our Living Room Bar is the perfect place to relax and SIP on handcrafted cocktails from the best Bar Chefs in the area. Please let us know when you plan your next escape and Whatever/Whenever you may need.

Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well I'm not sure what all the complaints are about...This place made me feel like a movie star. and to prove my point, mark wahlberg was staying there with his family and by the pool every day! The dining in The Dutch (hotel restaurant) was always as fantastic as its Soho location. Breakfast was a real treat every morning. The beach was stretching and superb....but you have to shell out for an umbrella, which is kind of a gauge after paying over 600 per night! The pool bar and cocktails were some of the best I ever had..and the lobby service was always exceptional. I would go back, but there may be some cheaper options I would consider before rebooking...location is also great....this hotel was a real treat!!

Room Tip: I believe they're all ocean view! so you can't really go wrong!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Jennifer G,

Thank you for your review. We were so happy to welcome you on your special escape. We want each stay to be unique and help you enjoy all the sites of South Beach. The Dutch is an amazing restaurant and Andrew Carmellini’s creations are unmatched. We look forward to welcoming you back again and please let us know Whatever/Whenever you need.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great location, clean spacious rooms, absolutely terrible service. My wife and i stayed at the hotel last week and service was progressively worse as the stay continued. The pool service was non-existent; check-in was painful (didnt get room until 6:17PM); missed turn down service; i can go on and on. The main issue is that for the price being paid, the guest should recieve top service not Holiday Inn treatment. My recommendation is to look else where - this will eventually catch up to the management....

Room Tip: Take a look at new SLS; Satai; Fountain Bleu
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello ChrisK51,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for the service you received during your stay. We will be sending your review to our General Manager to address our Service Culture. We want you to be able to enjoy your stay with us and not have to worry about anything. We hope you will consider us on your next escape and please send us an email to speak with you more in regards to your stay, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I had high expectations of W South Beach having had an awesome stay at W Hong Kong. Despite arriving at around 12.10, and despite staying in one of the entry level rooms we weren't given access to our room until after 4pm. Checkout was 11am - a full five hour gap, which I think is the longest I've ever experienced. The room felt like it had seen more than it's fair share of partying. But... great lobby. For more check out neilsonparc's hotel lust list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello neilsonparc,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. We would like to apologize that we were not able to grant an early check-in upon your arrival. We try are best to accommodate our early guests so they can begin their escape with us. We would love to speak with you more and to find out any future travel plans you may have with us. Please send us an email with Whatever/Whenever you may need, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

As a W hotel, hip and modern is the vibe here. Yet the lobby and check-in area seemed more like an office building than a luxury hotel with suited, hotel staff posted at key spots to monitor hotel access and activity. While the hallways were dark and edgy, the rooms were bright, sleek, and very comfortable. As with other W hotels, room space was well planned, the bathroom was awesome and stocked with Bliss products! SInce this was South Beach the pool was a focal point and was well appointed with the requisite poolside amenities though the area adjacent to it reminded me a bit of the old Trader Vic's. My advice is to skip the pool and head to the beach where the helpful beach staff will set you up in cushioned chaise lounges with towels. Then order a nice cocktail/refreshment from the beach bar and enjoy the view and the people watching!
Overall nice stay - I booked with points, but had I paid with cash would have been very disappointed in the value - no sense of a true luxury hotel here. Feel certain location drives the room prices here - not attention to detail or decor.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the north side of the hotel - as those rooms look down onto a rough looking property...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Melissa P,

Thank you for your review. We love our SPG Members and so happy you stayed with us. We would like to apologize for the service you received. We will be sending your feedback to our General Manager to address our Service Culture. We do have the perfect location and beach front access to enjoy the waves and sand. We would love to speak with you more in regards to your stay. Please send us an email to wsobesocial@whotels.com with your contact information.

Best Regards,

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!