“great location, great service, great view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #26 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“great location, great service, great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visited South Beach on my own for a few days in October. Being alone- I was looking for a place centrally located and upbeat. I had stayed at the W South beach a few years prior and decided to stay there again. As a Platinum Starwood member I was treated wonderfully. I had a personal concierge whom I could call prior to my visit and during for anything I needed- reservations for dinner, services, etc.... When I arrived I was upgraded to a beautiful 1200 sq ft suite- I did not want to leave. The suite was spacious and spotless, felt like my home. The bar downstairs very enjoyble and I was able to walk everywhere from the hotel- no cabs needed! The beach was beautiful and the service on the beach was excellent. I truly felt like a VIP. I recently visited South Beach again and stayed elsewhere.... that won't happen again!

Room Tip: Choose a high level floor to avoid the noise on the street below
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hello Michele L,

Thank you for your review. We were sad you didn’t stay with us on your most recent trip to South Beach but we look forward to welcoming you on your next. We do have a great location and easy walking distance to many of South Beach’s sites. Our Living Room Bar is the perfect place to relax and SIP on handcrafted cocktails from the best Bar Chefs in the area. Please let us know when you plan your next escape and Whatever/Whenever you may need.

1,399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well I'm not sure what all the complaints are about...This place made me feel like a movie star. and to prove my point, mark wahlberg was staying there with his family and by the pool every day! The dining in The Dutch (hotel restaurant) was always as fantastic as its Soho location. Breakfast was a real treat every morning. The beach was stretching and superb....but you have to shell out for an umbrella, which is kind of a gauge after paying over 600 per night! The pool bar and cocktails were some of the best I ever had..and the lobby service was always exceptional. I would go back, but there may be some cheaper options I would consider before rebooking...location is also great....this hotel was a real treat!!

Room Tip: I believe they're all ocean view! so you can't really go wrong!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Jennifer G,

Thank you for your review. We were so happy to welcome you on your special escape. We want each stay to be unique and help you enjoy all the sites of South Beach. The Dutch is an amazing restaurant and Andrew Carmellini’s creations are unmatched. We look forward to welcoming you back again and please let us know Whatever/Whenever you need.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great location, clean spacious rooms, absolutely terrible service. My wife and i stayed at the hotel last week and service was progressively worse as the stay continued. The pool service was non-existent; check-in was painful (didnt get room until 6:17PM); missed turn down service; i can go on and on. The main issue is that for the price being paid, the guest should recieve top service not Holiday Inn treatment. My recommendation is to look else where - this will eventually catch up to the management....

Room Tip: Take a look at new SLS; Satai; Fountain Bleu
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello ChrisK51,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for the service you received during your stay. We will be sending your review to our General Manager to address our Service Culture. We want you to be able to enjoy your stay with us and not have to worry about anything. We hope you will consider us on your next escape and please send us an email to speak with you more in regards to your stay, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I had high expectations of W South Beach having had an awesome stay at W Hong Kong. Despite arriving at around 12.10, and despite staying in one of the entry level rooms we weren't given access to our room until after 4pm. Checkout was 11am - a full five hour gap, which I think is the longest I've ever experienced. The room felt like it had seen more than it's fair share of partying. But... great lobby. For more check out neilsonparc's hotel lust list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello neilsonparc,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. We would like to apologize that we were not able to grant an early check-in upon your arrival. We try are best to accommodate our early guests so they can begin their escape with us. We would love to speak with you more and to find out any future travel plans you may have with us. Please send us an email with Whatever/Whenever you may need, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

As a W hotel, hip and modern is the vibe here. Yet the lobby and check-in area seemed more like an office building than a luxury hotel with suited, hotel staff posted at key spots to monitor hotel access and activity. While the hallways were dark and edgy, the rooms were bright, sleek, and very comfortable. As with other W hotels, room space was well planned, the bathroom was awesome and stocked with Bliss products! SInce this was South Beach the pool was a focal point and was well appointed with the requisite poolside amenities though the area adjacent to it reminded me a bit of the old Trader Vic's. My advice is to skip the pool and head to the beach where the helpful beach staff will set you up in cushioned chaise lounges with towels. Then order a nice cocktail/refreshment from the beach bar and enjoy the view and the people watching!
Overall nice stay - I booked with points, but had I paid with cash would have been very disappointed in the value - no sense of a true luxury hotel here. Feel certain location drives the room prices here - not attention to detail or decor.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the north side of the hotel - as those rooms look down onto a rough looking property...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Melissa P,

Thank you for your review. We love our SPG Members and so happy you stayed with us. We would like to apologize for the service you received. We will be sending your feedback to our General Manager to address our Service Culture. We do have the perfect location and beach front access to enjoy the waves and sand. We would love to speak with you more in regards to your stay. Please send us an email to wsobesocial@whotels.com with your contact information.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here over the Easter break
The guy at reception was charming
My luggage was placed with departing guests and had to stop the bellman from bringing it to someone's car!!!
Room was spacious and clean
But had a big problem with the electronic key it didn't work in the lift so I was left to asking other guests if they could press my floor also
Then when I got to my room it didn't work
This happened every time
When I complained they said my key was for the room 2 doors down ' very worrying '
Are at Mr Chows !!!
Service was terrible food was an MSG nightmare
The whole experience was a nightmare
There are many hotels in Miami
Forget this one

• Stayed April 2013
WSoBe, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello Doubleo03,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would like to apologize for the service and experience you received at our hotel. We take great pride in the service we provide our guests and will be sending your feedback to our General Manager to address. Your security is very important to us and want you to relax during your stay. We would like to speak with you more in regards to your stay. Please send your contact information to wsobesocial@whotels.com and we will be sure to get back to you right away.

Belle River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The W hotel is a fabulous property that is trendy and chic. There is a variety of rooms types you can get. We upgraded to a suite that had 2 bedrooms and an awesome view to beach. The suites are modern, large and spotless. Ours also had a little kitchen and bar area. living rooms and 2 masters and the bathrooms were spacious and beautiful. The beach is gorgeous with white sand and bar service is available out there and they are very attentive to you as well. It is only a 10-15 minute walk to the restaurants. I would recommend staying at this hotel if your standards are high as this hotel will not disappoint. Very popular hotel with the celebrities too. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
WSoBe, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello wunworshipper,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We do offer 16 different room types to make each experience at our hotel unique. We do have the largest rooms in South Beach with private balconies on every room to enjoy your view. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next escape and please let us know Whatever/Whenever you need.

Best Regards,

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!