“Pool Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #26 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Pool Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I would just like to address an earlier review about the pool service at the W, specifically in regards to a worker named Rich. I have stayed at the W on numerous occasions and always have a pleasant stay. The staff is helpful and pleasant. I know Rich mostly from walking through the pool area to the beach. He is friendly and efficient in his job. He always has a smile for the guests and makes you feel welcome. I thought he was a wonderful addition to the staff. I hope that this review will be taken as seriously as the previous review written by a person who was obviously angry and bitter. In my opinion, what was written was unfair and wrong. I am not from New York and prefer the beach to the pool area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello jennac770,

Thank you for your review from your stay. We will be sharing your shout-out to Rich with our General Manager and Hotel staff. We love giving our signature Whatever/Whenever service and making each escape unique. Please email us when you plan your next trip, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

1,396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Read up well before choosing. Needed good hotel after 32 hours flying from Aussie ...before leaving for cruise...no door ambassadore for us...we arrived 6pm. So check in should have been a breeze...no...we stood while three people discussed some young ladies spa choices...no SPG quick checkin..no upgrade either...young lady being trained...they discussed the computor while we just waited and waited and waited. The room!! Yes big and modern but DIRTY...all soaps used...one towel...no robes...dirty shower...cigarette butts on balcony...a pool of something indescribable on the balcony....had dinner which was fabulous..as was the service. Thought the worst over ,,but fell into bed and then the noise OMG!!! The bed and walls vibrated..called reception 1am. They apologised said "we will get them to turn the base down". My husband went down to reception 2.30. Here we were at 3am. Trundling around the hotel to move to a quieter room..comments were we were right over the club and a lot of people complain ...maybe we should have asked for a quiet room. (Don't believe there are any) it was a small room defineately what we wanted..oh and our SPG membership. Gave us a choice of a free drink or free wifi. Didn't work in room but hey anyone has free wifi in the foyer lounge rooms!! Bizzare! We found staff in general (expect for restraunt staff ...). To be a touch arrogant and offhand....maybe if your over a certain age they don't want you...very bad experience all round...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello lovesfishingmm,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. Your experience is very important to us and we would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We will be sending you feedback to our General Manager to address these issues. We understand your frustration and would love to speak with you in regards to your stay. Please send us your contact information to wsobesocial@whotels.com and we will respond to you right away.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Sexy is the best way to describe this property in one word. The rooms are uber cool with balconies overlooking South Beach. The nightclub in the hotel is an added advantage as u need not pay huge cover charge to get in. The pool and surrounding lounge areas are very relaxing and your eyes get to feast on some very beautiful people.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello Harsh H,

Thank you for your review and staying with us on your last escape to South Beach. We do have the largest rooms on the beach with a private balcony in every room. Our pool is the perfect place to enjoy a handcrafted cocktail with only a couple steps to the ocean. Please keep us in mind when you plan your next escape and let us know Whatever/Whenever you need.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel was amazing from check in to check out. First i was met with the amazing door ambassador Colby. We both were from chicago which was cool. Then a few days later i met ronald at the pool and he remembered me and my kids face every time he seen us and greeted us with a smile. Then when i was having trouble with my room keys Onassis was extremely helpful with assisting me into my room. When i checked out i forgot a few items inside of the room and didnt notice it until i returned home and spoke with Nikki in security. She was extremely courteous and professional. You guys have such an amazing staff keep up the good work!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello jjucy,

Thank you for posting your review. We will be sending your review to our General Manager to share your shout-outs with our Hotel staff. We want you to be able to escape and relax on your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon for another escape.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I have a love/hate thing with Miami and South Beach. That said, as much as some of the clientele of this hotel may irk me, the actual room did not. Gorgeously appointed room. Great bed. Great porch. Great bathroom. Yes, my breakfast cost $45, but I ate it while looking at the sun rising over the ocean.

I was in Miami for work and would stay here again in an heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello happyrobot,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you relaxed and made our hotel your home during your trip. We do have the largest rooms in South Beach and with our signature W Bed you will never want to leave your room. We hope to welcome you back very soon to enjoy another sunrise on your private balcony. Please email us when you plan your next escape with Whatever/Whenever you need, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very expensive, loud and trendy and definitely the place to be for the under 30 crowd. Clientele is younger and somewhat rude. I had condoms on my balcony twice and cigarette butts constantly from the upper floors during my week long stay. Nice gym with plenty of treadmills but the free weight area gets clogged up with people not lifting weights and there are no facilities to shower. The hotel bar is expensive, loud and dark and the bartenders were not friendly. The 3 times I went to one particular bartender, he actually served me without saying one word to me, NOT 1 WORD! He would acknowledge me with a chin, I would tell him what I what I wanted and then he would take the money and walk away. The separate nightclub in the hotel is typical of South Beach and very popular.
The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating so no complaint there. The food in the restaurant and from room service is good. The pool and beach access is very nice too.
The hotel is nice but it's just not my style so I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Looper745,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your stay. W’s are known for their modern design and atmosphere. We would like to apologize for the service you received at the bar and cleanliness of your balcony. The service we provide to our guests is very important and we take great pride in our Whatever/Whenever service. Your feedback will be sent to our General Manager to address these issues. We would love to speak with you in regards to SWEAT and the service you received. Please email us at wsobesocial@whotels.com and we will be sure to get back to you right away.

Lausanne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was my first time in this W, and I had in the past problems in W's , mainly because it's all about the fun, hip and show off ... and service does not really follow.

This time went beyond all my worst nightmares, the service was below poor.

Housekeeping was non existent, 1 day they simply did not make up the room, one day they forgot towels and bathrobes, the balcony has been cleaned : never !

we had to call daily to get service ,,,, asked 4 times to speak to a manager and never happened.

Prices for exampel : A bottle of Veuve cliquot champagne is 280 usd, ... the setai next door : 135 ... rip off anyonee ?

simply avoid it ... eventhough it looks cool ... the cool side will quickly fade away to have a crappy experience ruining your holidays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello gillestarek,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. We would like to apologize for the lack of service you received. Your experience is very important to us and we will be sending your feedback to our General Manager to address our Service Culture. We would love to speak with you more about your stay and understand how we can improve. Please email us with your contact information to wsobesocial@whotels.com. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!