“Amazing...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Miami
“Amazing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel was amazing from check in to check out. First i was met with the amazing door ambassador Colby. We both were from chicago which was cool. Then a few days later i met ronald at the pool and he remembered me and my kids face every time he seen us and greeted us with a smile. Then when i was having trouble with my room keys Onassis was extremely helpful with assisting me into my room. When i checked out i forgot a few items inside of the room and didnt notice it until i returned home and spoke with Nikki in security. She was extremely courteous and professional. You guys have such an amazing staff keep up the good work!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello jjucy,

Thank you for posting your review. We will be sending your review to our General Manager to share your shout-outs with our Hotel staff. We want you to be able to escape and relax on your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon for another escape.

1,370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I have a love/hate thing with Miami and South Beach. That said, as much as some of the clientele of this hotel may irk me, the actual room did not. Gorgeously appointed room. Great bed. Great porch. Great bathroom. Yes, my breakfast cost $45, but I ate it while looking at the sun rising over the ocean.

I was in Miami for work and would stay here again in an heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello happyrobot,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you relaxed and made our hotel your home during your trip. We do have the largest rooms in South Beach and with our signature W Bed you will never want to leave your room. We hope to welcome you back very soon to enjoy another sunrise on your private balcony. Please email us when you plan your next escape with Whatever/Whenever you need, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very expensive, loud and trendy and definitely the place to be for the under 30 crowd. Clientele is younger and somewhat rude. I had condoms on my balcony twice and cigarette butts constantly from the upper floors during my week long stay. Nice gym with plenty of treadmills but the free weight area gets clogged up with people not lifting weights and there are no facilities to shower. The hotel bar is expensive, loud and dark and the bartenders were not friendly. The 3 times I went to one particular bartender, he actually served me without saying one word to me, NOT 1 WORD! He would acknowledge me with a chin, I would tell him what I what I wanted and then he would take the money and walk away. The separate nightclub in the hotel is typical of South Beach and very popular.
The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating so no complaint there. The food in the restaurant and from room service is good. The pool and beach access is very nice too.
The hotel is nice but it's just not my style so I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Looper745,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your stay. W’s are known for their modern design and atmosphere. We would like to apologize for the service you received at the bar and cleanliness of your balcony. The service we provide to our guests is very important and we take great pride in our Whatever/Whenever service. Your feedback will be sent to our General Manager to address these issues. We would love to speak with you in regards to SWEAT and the service you received. Please email us at wsobesocial@whotels.com and we will be sure to get back to you right away.

Lausanne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was my first time in this W, and I had in the past problems in W's , mainly because it's all about the fun, hip and show off ... and service does not really follow.

This time went beyond all my worst nightmares, the service was below poor.

Housekeeping was non existent, 1 day they simply did not make up the room, one day they forgot towels and bathrobes, the balcony has been cleaned : never !

we had to call daily to get service ,,,, asked 4 times to speak to a manager and never happened.

Prices for exampel : A bottle of Veuve cliquot champagne is 280 usd, ... the setai next door : 135 ... rip off anyonee ?

simply avoid it ... eventhough it looks cool ... the cool side will quickly fade away to have a crappy experience ruining your holidays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello gillestarek,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. We would like to apologize for the lack of service you received. Your experience is very important to us and we will be sending your feedback to our General Manager to address our Service Culture. We would love to speak with you more about your stay and understand how we can improve. Please email us with your contact information to wsobesocial@whotels.com. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at the W at the end of our 2012 summer vacation. The kids and I absolutely loved it. I am very finicky about cleanliness and decor and the 'W' certainly surpassed my expectations in that regard. Fabulous and faultless. The service and food were delightful. Must go back as I feel that I have unfinished business at this hotel. It is far too good to only have stayed there once in a lifetime.

Stunning ocean views and great staff as well.

We had stayed at the Sagamore initially due to the attractiveness of the art angle, but it seemed like the less fortunate cousin in comparison to the 'W'. Having visited on the way back to the Sagamore one evening, I could see exactly why a friend of mine had remained adamant about my staying at the 'W'. At the time, I had been put off by the very misleading reviews on TripAdvisor that had mentioned broken sinks, stained carpets and general uncleanliness. That I could simply not understand. With the benefit of hindsight, I believe that may have well have been 'competitor action' as I checked out many of the W rooms before I decided to switch and to be honest, I would have felt that I had missed something really good if we had not stayed there.

TripAdvisor for once got it wrong. I stayed there in August 2012 and have to say that some of the reviews prior to then were simply inaccurate. I remember telling my friend, a previous W guest of these -ve reviews and he said that they couldn't be the same hotel. I wished I had listened to him and not the reviews and booked the W for the whole trip.

Room Tip: Go up a notch and try the Wonderful Studio or higher if you can. Worth every penny. Avoid staying...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello Folakemi F,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your stay. We are so happy you decided to stay with us on your past trip. W’s are none for their modern design and cool tones to take you out of the ordinary. We do have the largest rooms in South Beach with ocean views from every room. Please let us know when you plan your next escape and let us know Whatever/Whenever you need, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the W more than twenty nights over the last three years and decided to come back with the kids this time. The reception, pool and restaurant are always very nice but be aware that the building right beside the hotel is undergoing major renovation. The noise at the pool is constant and not pleasant at all. I usually rent a large two bedrooms suite but decided to opt for a marvelous suite this time. Unfortunately, the room at the end of the building is very noisy and there is a windy sound coming from the corridor under the room main door (like a wind tunnel) that is very distrurbing.
Very nice hotel if your room is well located and the people in the room next door do not liketo party til 4AM!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello a_nadeau,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. We were so happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family on your last stay with us. We would like to apologize for the construction noise from the hotel next to us. We are keeping a very close eye on this and their progress. We would love to speak with you more about your stay if you are able email us at wsobesocial@whotels.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The W is such a fabulous hotel. I cannot say enough good things. The lobby is immaculate. So much nicer than any other lobby in South Beach. The Bliss Spa is always perfection. Every single member of the W staff is phenomenally courteous and amazing. Last but most certainly not least, Gaby in concierge is professional, attentive and just simply gets it done. My stay was perfect because of her. You do not want to stay anywhere else but the W, and if u do, make sure Gaby is a part of your stay because she will make it perfect!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Hello Klocascio,

Thank you for your review. We do have the perfect location, and with W’s modern design, to make the ultimate experience for our guests. But our Staff is what makes the difference and we sent your Shout-out to our General Manager. We hope to welcome you back very soon for another escape.

Best Regards,

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!