“Not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #46 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
New York
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very expensive, loud and trendy and definitely the place to be for the under 30 crowd. Clientele is younger and somewhat rude. I had condoms on my balcony twice and cigarette butts constantly from the upper floors during my week long stay. Nice gym with plenty of treadmills but the free weight area gets clogged up with people not lifting weights and there are no facilities to shower. The hotel bar is expensive, loud and dark and the bartenders were not friendly. The 3 times I went to one particular bartender, he actually served me without saying one word to me, NOT 1 WORD! He would acknowledge me with a chin, I would tell him what I what I wanted and then he would take the money and walk away. The separate nightclub in the hotel is typical of South Beach and very popular.
The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating so no complaint there. The food in the restaurant and from room service is good. The pool and beach access is very nice too.
The hotel is nice but it's just not my style so I wouldn't stay there again.

Hello Looper745,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your stay. W’s are known for their modern design and atmosphere. We would like to apologize for the service you received at the bar and cleanliness of your balcony. The service we provide to our guests is very important and we take great pride in our Whatever/Whenever service. Your feedback will be sent to our General Manager to address these issues. We would love to speak with you in regards to SWEAT and the service you received. Please email us at wsobesocial@whotels.com and we will be sure to get back to you right away.

1,189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Lausanne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was my first time in this W, and I had in the past problems in W's , mainly because it's all about the fun, hip and show off ... and service does not really follow.

This time went beyond all my worst nightmares, the service was below poor.

Housekeeping was non existent, 1 day they simply did not make up the room, one day they forgot towels and bathrobes, the balcony has been cleaned : never !

we had to call daily to get service ,,,, asked 4 times to speak to a manager and never happened.

Prices for exampel : A bottle of Veuve cliquot champagne is 280 usd, ... the setai next door : 135 ... rip off anyonee ?

simply avoid it ... eventhough it looks cool ... the cool side will quickly fade away to have a crappy experience ruining your holidays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello gillestarek,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. We would like to apologize for the lack of service you received. Your experience is very important to us and we will be sending your feedback to our General Manager to address our Service Culture. We would love to speak with you more about your stay and understand how we can improve. Please email us with your contact information to wsobesocial@whotels.com. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at the W at the end of our 2012 summer vacation. The kids and I absolutely loved it. I am very finicky about cleanliness and decor and the 'W' certainly surpassed my expectations in that regard. Fabulous and faultless. The service and food were delightful. Must go back as I feel that I have unfinished business at this hotel. It is far too good to only have stayed there once in a lifetime.

Stunning ocean views and great staff as well.

We had stayed at the Sagamore initially due to the attractiveness of the art angle, but it seemed like the less fortunate cousin in comparison to the 'W'. Having visited on the way back to the Sagamore one evening, I could see exactly why a friend of mine had remained adamant about my staying at the 'W'. At the time, I had been put off by the very misleading reviews on TripAdvisor that had mentioned broken sinks, stained carpets and general uncleanliness. That I could simply not understand. With the benefit of hindsight, I believe that may have well have been 'competitor action' as I checked out many of the W rooms before I decided to switch and to be honest, I would have felt that I had missed something really good if we had not stayed there.

TripAdvisor for once got it wrong. I stayed there in August 2012 and have to say that some of the reviews prior to then were simply inaccurate. I remember telling my friend, a previous W guest of these -ve reviews and he said that they couldn't be the same hotel. I wished I had listened to him and not the reviews and booked the W for the whole trip.

Room Tip: Go up a notch and try the Wonderful Studio or higher if you can. Worth every penny. Avoid staying...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello Folakemi F,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your stay. We are so happy you decided to stay with us on your past trip. W’s are none for their modern design and cool tones to take you out of the ordinary. We do have the largest rooms in South Beach with ocean views from every room. Please let us know when you plan your next escape and let us know Whatever/Whenever you need, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the W more than twenty nights over the last three years and decided to come back with the kids this time. The reception, pool and restaurant are always very nice but be aware that the building right beside the hotel is undergoing major renovation. The noise at the pool is constant and not pleasant at all. I usually rent a large two bedrooms suite but decided to opt for a marvelous suite this time. Unfortunately, the room at the end of the building is very noisy and there is a windy sound coming from the corridor under the room main door (like a wind tunnel) that is very distrurbing.
Very nice hotel if your room is well located and the people in the room next door do not liketo party til 4AM!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello a_nadeau,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. We were so happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family on your last stay with us. We would like to apologize for the construction noise from the hotel next to us. We are keeping a very close eye on this and their progress. We would love to speak with you more about your stay if you are able email us at wsobesocial@whotels.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The W is such a fabulous hotel. I cannot say enough good things. The lobby is immaculate. So much nicer than any other lobby in South Beach. The Bliss Spa is always perfection. Every single member of the W staff is phenomenally courteous and amazing. Last but most certainly not least, Gaby in concierge is professional, attentive and just simply gets it done. My stay was perfect because of her. You do not want to stay anywhere else but the W, and if u do, make sure Gaby is a part of your stay because she will make it perfect!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Hello Klocascio,

Thank you for your review. We do have the perfect location, and with W’s modern design, to make the ultimate experience for our guests. But our Staff is what makes the difference and we sent your Shout-out to our General Manager. We hope to welcome you back very soon for another escape.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had a reception at this hotel not long ago. Could not be happier with how it went. The food was great and all of my guest were very happy with how the night went. The staff was on top of every little detail and made what could have been a stressful night into a night that was rather enjoyable. Thank you Cristina for a great experience.

WSoBe, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello Barak B,

Thank you for your review from your event with us. We will be sharing your shout-out to Cristina with our Hotel staff. We have a great Catering Team and the perfect event space for any of your future needs. Please let us know when you are planning your next trip or event and we would love to help.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a conference and the W South Beach was the perfect location for proximity to the convention hall beach and restaurants and shopping on Lincoln Avenue, but the staff at the hotel was outstanding! Check in was a breeze with Christopher Guidice, he was friendly professional and so efficient with loads of helpful advice and tips during our week long stay. The room was spacious well stocked and seamlessly serviced by housekeeping. The level of service at the Dutch restaurant never faltered even with a large conference in town, L the waiter was always attentive and vigilant and the food was excellent. Upon checkout Chris was nice enough to run to the restaurant and send us on our way with hot coffee fruit and croissants so we could get to the airport on time and not miss breakfast, wow what thoughtful service! Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the best of both worlds in a corner room with city and ocean view, we stayed in room 1701 with g...
WSoBe, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello Chronda S,

Thank you for your amazing review and shout-out to Christopher and our hotel staff. We will be sharing your review with our General Manager. We love to make your stay a true experience and an escape from the outside world. Please email us when you plan your next trip and let us know Whatever/Whenever you need, wsobesocial@whotels.com.

Best Regards,

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!