What can I say? When it comes to some things in life, especially in South Beach, you get what you pay for. Yes this is a pricey selection so it's not for your typical budget minded, no frills traveler. But if you can splurge, even for a short getaway, THIS IS THE PLACE. The pricing of the hotel automatically narrows the clientele--so you won't need to worry about too much riff raff around and too much drama. You'll always have to deal with whiny, condescending, rude people wherever you go in any station in life--money can't buy class (these are the hotel patrons I'm talking about--not the staff).
Expect prompt, courteous, efficient service with privacy and seclusion. Yes there are some more partying places--but you should look elsewhere if that is your desire. But if you like an easier pace, discreetness, and a relaxing weekend with a splash of great social scene (i.e., the W's rather exclusive night club Wall) then this may be our cup of Early Grey.
So why I love this hotel:
1) Location, Location, Location. You're in South Beach, but far enough from the rat pack to not feel like you're in a tourist trap but close enough of a walking distance to join the night life as you please.
2) The rooms. Not a bad room in sight, all with amazing ocean views, tastefully decorated, and HUGE. The suites are Bah-Na-Nas.
3) The onsite restaurants: Dutch and Mr. Chows (you must visit these venerated outposts) from acclaimed chefs. You would have to travel to NYC or LA to visit these establishments elsewhere.
4) The amenites, spa, and pool.
5) Staff--not that they are at the bottom but I have to rank them some where. But this is a list of "reasons to come here". Staff is more often than not spot on with customer service.