“Superb stay in this fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

Save Saved
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #28 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Superb stay in this fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stay for vacation in this superb Starwood property. It fits perfectly in the W spirit: Whatever, Whenever. Perfectly located on South Beach, the style modern and trendy, wiht the right luxury touch, make this hotel the ideal place to stay in Miami.
Excellent concierge service. Just a little problem with room service on the phone, and it was minor. For the rest, just one word: Perfect!
Rooms are superb, spacious. Suite provide kitchen and laundry. Ambiance is fantastic. Excellent amenities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

So happy to hear that you had such a superb visit! Thank you for sharing this on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear that you had a minor inconvenience with your phones and room service. I trust that our team quickly rectified the problem.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the new year!

1,473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We walked into this hotel looking for 2 rooms for 6 nights each but we were very hungry and decided to visit The Dutch for breakfast before booking our rooms for after our cruise.

Unfortunately, due to a horrible and very dodgy experience in the hotel restaurant, we had to leave and left never wanting to visit a W Hotel again.

We ordered 3 breakfast tables which is the buffet option which 'includes coffee' as written on the menu. So, when the waiter asked for our drink menu we ordered 3 espressos and then he went to get them. By the time we finished out meal, we had ordered 2 additional coffees and so had consumed 5 in total. To our surprise the coffee was listed as an additional amount on our bill, not included as mentioned on the menu. Furthermore, the coffee was $8 per coffee. I queried the bill. This was the worst part, the waiter smiled as though he was proud of himself that he had scammed us into spending $40 on 5 coffees when he said 'oh haha the espressos are not included'. I felt so ripped off and angry, but I'm not a dodgy person so I paid the bill.

Be very careful when visiting this hotel. We decide not to book there because of this and stayed at Lowes nearby which is actually much nicer and more affordable. By far the better option based on value alone, let alone honesty of their staff.

I travel regularly and stay at many W Hotels however, this will be my final visit. What a slap in the face for the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent with your brand over the years. I'm disgusted.

I was so forced to pay 18% gratuity to that waiter who laughed in my face, that felt very good - not.

• Stayed December 2012
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am mortified to read your review on The Dutch. Please contact me at gm.wsobe@whotels.com and I will ensure that our Director of Food and Beverage gets in touch with you right away.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at the W South Beach during Art Basel Miami Beach 2012 (December 4-9), all I can say is: this is the way a hotel should be run. The rooms (back to back reservations with different rooms), were updated, clean and neat, ready on time, and the move was seamless. Hotel staff is very friendly and eager to help. I had multiple packages shipped to the hotel, all were delivered to my room immediately upon arrival at the hotel; phone requests from my room were responded to within minutes, and they went beyond what was required (helping with packing UPS shipment).

The location is perfect and room views fantastic. This is in addition to the hotel being the "in place to be" in South Beach. I would definitely go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: The Mega Suite, is an unbelievable room with a roof deck, and plunge pool, and superb ocean views, b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

You came to visit at the best time...Art Basel!! We are so happy you enjoyed the hotel and the fair. WE hope to welcome you back next year again, or hopefully sooner!

lugano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at the W during our last trip to the States in May and i have to say that it was a memorable experience. I would suggest everybody whos travelling to Miami to try this hotel.
Amazing view from all the room!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are so happy you had an amazing stay with us! Thank you for posting your great review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at this great hotel during the last week of August, right around the Hurricane Isaac.

To start, location is unbeatable, a few steps from the beach and a short walk to Lincoln Road. Then there's the swimming pool, where we spent most of the time. The rooms are fantastic, spacious and the cleanliness throughout the hotel is amazing.

The staff is one of the best I've ever experienced in such high quality hotel. They were great from the valets to the reception, swimming pool staff, cleaning staff all great! At one point I forgot the keys inside the room and Ryan from the front desk was very prompt in getting is resolved and was also very nice, so much so that my 7 year old daughter wanted to say hi every time we passed by.

In terms of prices for room service and minibar, well, you're at an expensive hotel, so expensive prices are expected.

We will definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay! How adorable that your 7 year old daughter wanted to stop at the front desk each time to say hello! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I do not know what the few earlier reviewers are complaining about. I have stayed at this property over 7 times. Every time it gets better.

I admit It is pricey. so if you do not have the appetite for a 5 star experience go elsewhere its not for you. there are many hotels in Miami.

by the way you do get treated like a celebrity. i am not one but feel like a star when i am there.

Room Tip: Bring lots of money
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review! It makes me happy to know that you keep returning and that you enjoy our facilities! We look forward to welcoming you back again and we thank you and appreciate your patronage.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were there for three über-hectic days during ArtBasel etc. fairs. Mayhem in the streets and this was one of the top 5 hotels to be at.... That said, the staff stayed calm and professional. We were always treated appropriately. Not super friendly...just properly. I liked that. Compared to the madness outside and at the art fairs, having requests handled and no fuss made was simply perfect. The room was perfectly clean and perfectly designed. The frosted glass shower wall allowed for some modestly compared to some W designs where you perform your shower. We used the microwave, fridge and coffeemaker so it was nice to have the "kitchen" space.
Wish the Wet pool scene allowed for more use of the pool for swimming and sunning rather than just socializing and holding lounges for people who never seem to appear. Beach service was nice. Art was great. Door security late night was great.

Room Tip: We loved high and on the north (quieter I think) but you could not sun on your balcony because...wel...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Art Basel is one of the busiest times on Miami Beach as people come visit from all over the world, and I am glad that you enjoyed the fair as well as the hotel. We hope to see you back next Art Basel, hopefully before then!

W SoBe GM

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!