“Top class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

and 1 more site!
You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #16 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
scotland
“Top class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel , close to amenities and within walking distance of the main attractions
Room was unbelievable and so clean , and trendy
Staff were helpful but did look at you in terms of status , money talks if you get what I mean
To quick to enrolled you in the Starwood programme
Pool area was great and service was excellent
Would recommend it due to the rooms , view and location

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and our facilities! Thank you for sharing your full experience on trip advisor, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back sooner vice later!

W SoBe GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were transiting through Miami to have a break to our cross Atlantic long haul flight. We arrived late at the hotel and found no bell boy to assist with our luggage. Finally we got the friendly lady at reception to find someone to help us. The restaurants were closed. To begin with there was no room service menu. We called and asked for it and it took forever to get it. After we finally ordered, the food did not arrive or an hour. At 1 am in the morning, my sweet wife decided to fall asleep Hungary. On investigating, we found they forgot about our order and asked for it again. They gave us some lame excuse on how the pizza oven was broken. Ultimately they delivered us a salad on the house after 2 hours but I felt bad that my wife slept without dinner that night. I m a sPG member and love W chain but this was a true dampener to the loyalty I had begun to build for the brand.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to learn that your short visit with us was less than exceptional and that you did not have a room service menu in your room, as well as the in room dining order taking 2 hours for delivery. Please know that this is not a usual occurence and we hope that you give us another opportunity to showcase our hotel to you so you can experience what Starwood hotels are known for.

We apologize once again.

Fort Walton Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After researching many hotels to find a place that offered a spacious room with an ocean view & balcon, we carefully chose the W South Beach. I read every word of the room description from their website & watched the virtual tour video to be sure we were booking the room type we were looking for. In fact the first word listed under standard amenities is "Ocean view". We made our reservation months in advance & upgraded to a Fabulous Suite weeks prior to arrival. Upon check-in the front desk handed us our key and said, "here is the key to your full ocean front view room". Exciting right? Well not so much. Our room was located on the 3rd floor with a "full" tree top filled view. Not ONE little peek of the ocean, yep just trees! We promptly called the front desk and explained we wanted a different room. We were told since our room was on the 3rd floor, the trees tend to block the view. Really? Why and How in the world can you advertise an ocean view room that doesn't have an ocean view?!! We were told there may be ONE room available, but we were going to have to wait for it to be "restyled". That took hours! After going back and forth with the front desk, who at this point was not very friendly or eager to assist us, offered us a room one floor up. They did offer us one other room that was much smaller at a higher price. Finally we settled into our room, 4th floor. Ok view, but hey at least we could see the water. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is luke warm and be prepared to pay for everything. Two drinks by the pool, $43. Wi-Fi did not work in the room. I had a better experience at the Gansevoort (now The Perry).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you were not pleased with your initial room assignment and that our staff was "luke warm." I appreciate you providing us with the details of your visit so this way I can use this information for quality control and to ensure that we are giving our guests accurate information and providing exceptional service.

Thank you again.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Modern hotel, nice location, extremely few rooms with 2 beds(only handicap), nice lobby, bar on first floor is comfortable but the wine list is very pricey. The toilet leaked and the WiFi didn't always work.

Room Tip: If you want cell reception, ask to be on the South facing rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. We are currently under a major project adding more cell repearters throughout the building to increase cell and wifi connection. We hope the next time you visit you will notice a significant difference. We hope to see you soon!

Gravina in Puglia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I'm frequently in Florida for leisure and work, visited so many. This is now outstanding. Great place, great views on the ocean, excellent service, only a little bit expensive eating by the pool. Definitively a must in south beach at the moment. really reccomended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and that you frequent Florida for business and pleasure! We can't wait to welcome you back!

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at The W for a week in September with my two daughters in a two bedroom suite with a large balcony. Unfortunately people smoking on the balconies of the rooms above us continuously dropped their cigarette butts and ash on to our balcony, which could cause injury or a fire. One day my daughter was sitting on the sofa on the balcony when a used condom was dropped by her foot! I called housekeeping to remove it, but received no apology or follow up from management. When I mentioned this on checkout, I just received a very inane "I'm sorry, have a nice day". Another problem with this hotel is at the swimming pool, the loungers are so close together it is very intimate. One minute you are relaxing on your lounger and the next you have someone smoking a huge cigar and blowing smoke all over you. Not very pleasant!

Having said all that, our room was amazing, the service in the restaurants and the pool was excellent and the pool was always inviting. Don't think I would return. I would look for a hotel with a non smoking in public areas policy.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor overlooking the beach
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

My sincerest apologies that you experienced continuous inconveniences with cigarettes and cigarette smoke and items being dropped from upstairs balconies. I have discussed your experience with my Director of Housekeeping to ensure that our team does their best to ensure all balconies are cleaned to perfection.

NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I won't go into the full details of my recent debacle at the W South Beach. In short, I was staying there for one night on business. Beware, the WiFi doesn't work in certain rooms, the room being the first one I was put in. They changed my room and then there was a loud banging coming from the A/C every thirty minutes. I notified reception on my way out to dinner and they assured me they would have it fixed. At 11:30 as my head hit the pillow, there went the banging. I tried to sleep with it and successfully slept to 4:30. At 5am I called Whenever, Wherever, got the snarkiest manager, Jason who sent up a technician. The tech guy was WELL AWARE of the issue, as it happens all the time and said that the A/C needed to be permanently set to 60, or freezing. Jason barely apologized, gave me a reduced rate. For the one night of sleep I needed before my business meeting, the W didn't come close to cutting it. If you're here on business and want to be treated with respect, do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to deeply apologize for the lack of sleep and service you recieved while staying at our hotel. Please know this is not the way we service our guests, and I have addressed your review with the appropriate departments to ensure that all of our rooms are in perfect condition upon check in and that the service our associates provides is above exceptional.

Once again we apologize for your experience.

W SoBe GM

Been to W South Beach? Share your experiences!