“Great hotel, super friendly.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W South Beach

You added W South Beach to your Saves list
W South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #5 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Great hotel, super friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

First time at the W South Beach, and it definately will not be my last.
Check in was quick and friendly, Amber was very helpful. Our room(1423) a standard room with a direct ocean view was beautiful. Great sized rooms. As an SPG plat, i get to see a lot of hotels, and this one is definately on the top of my list. The room was spotless. Lovely balcony with very confortable chairs. Lots of very nice contempory art throughout the hotel. The staff, whether at the door or just passing by, was extremely friendly. The outdoor area is very nice. Good cocktails at the bar. Nice big pool, and a small, more private pool for those who prefer a more intimate setting. The hotel is right on the beach, and there is also a nice boardwalk, great for those who enjoy walking. Had a sandwich outside at Wet, the pool bar, and honestly the only negative thing i can post is the fries were cold, and i asked the waiter if he could heat them up a bit, which granted he did, but he did not bother to look at us or say anything to us when he picked up the plate, or when he returned with the hot fries. Considering they charge a 20% service charge, there's no incentive for the wait staff to provide service, and that's not acceptable. I was there for my birthday, and i was sent a small box of chocolates and a bottle of water, along with card card, signed by the Whatever/Whenever team. Very nice touch. Loved the hotel and it's atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

And a happy birthday to you! Thank you for sharing your special birthday with us, and I am so glad that our team created a memorable experience for you, especially as an SPG Platinum Member. I am sorry to learn the service outside was less than exceptional...we invite you to come back and I can assure we will not disappoint this time around!

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

W SoBe GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I am a Starwood Platinum and have been for several years. In my travels, I mostly enjoy visitint many of the Starwood locations throughout the world. The South Beach W hotel will stand out as one of the finer hotels I have been to, Finally! someone has a good employee staffing model in place and it works like a fine watch. Every employee says helo and offers assistance for everything you do. I did not note an understaff position in the hotel.

My trip to the pool and beach was excellent. There are friendly people stationed in the righ places to look out for guest comfort and security.

The beach food was excellent and served well. They bring it to you on nice wood trays and keep your drink refilled all afternoon.

The hotel is about a year old and it looks good as new. The restaurant is good for at least one meal. I suggest breakfast. The entire neighborhood is filled with world class restaurants and a lively crowd to support them. I will stay at the W every time I am in Miami from now on.

Room Tip: all rooms have view of water. Good architect designed the building. There are no rooms with a bad vi...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

So amazing you had such a great stay, and it sounds like you used all of our main facilities to their fullest!!! There is nothing like the beaches of the Atlantic, in the heart of South Beach, and it is great to know we are your number 1 destination spot in Miami. We can't wait to welcome you back!!

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Rooms are amazing. Some are actually two bedroom apartments. I'e stayed here countless times and will always go back. Concierge will get you into the best places. The pool is fun and one of the best clubs in terms of fun Wall is on the property. Book in advance as this hotel is always sold out.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views. Ask for rooms located in the 20 stack above the 14th floor. If you get...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

So happy you enjoyed your visit...not only do we have 2 bedroom suites, we also have 3 bedroom suites, as part of our 15 category room type selection. We encourage you to try a little variety each time you visit to help you decide which unit you like best, which would be a tough decision because they are all great!! Can't wait to see you soon.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the W South Beach for our anniversary and we were so happy with our choice! This hotel is very luxurious and the staff members treat you like royalty! The rooms are beautiful with marble throughout the bathrooms and a very modern decor. The room service is a little expensive, but the food is to die for! DELICIOUS!!! We celebrated our anniversary at Mr. Chow restaurant right next to the W South Beach and it was AMAZING! Very convenient to dine there for a special occasion because it is connected to the hotel. You can't go wrong staying at this hotel! A+++++

Room Tip: Request a room in the high floors for a better view and more peace and quiet! :)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Happy Anniversary! Such a special occasion and am delighted to know we did not disappoint. We hope to welcome you back post marriage for your honeymoon and many more anniversaries to come! Congratulations!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My partner and I had an amazing time during our stay.

Friendly staff, they upgraded our room, we had ocean and city views.

We loved the huge shower ;)

Only negative was that as SPG gold members they wouldn't allow us to have a late check out.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am so happy you and your partner enjoyed your room, especially the roomy shower!

We do our best to accomodate late check out for our valued SPG guests, and we are happy to accomodate this request as the hotel's availability permits, and I apologize we could not grant it to you and your partner on this visit.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

The W South Beach.....Visited with my girls memorial day weekend 2011. I have to say this hotel is top notch. Starting with the red carpet roped off entrance. I felt like a celebrity. The Fabulous suite was clean and beautiful. The staff was very helpful and nice especially the security. When it was time to leave I did not want to go. You best to believe When I come back May 2012, I will only stay at one place and that is The W South Beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

So happy you enjoyed the red carpet royal treatment, as every guest to us is a celebrity! We would be DELIGHTED to host you and your girls every memorial day weekend from hereon out! Can't wait to see you soon!

Stockbridge, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Was there for the HD Expo show for 3 nights 9/11-9/14 room # 1718 and paid $409 per night plus tax they did not honor the negiotated rate of $229 + tax.Went through 2 desk clerks to try fix the problem but then was reffered to Caroline Bertrand who could only authorize this rate change.Waited because she was with another guest,after 53 minutes asked if she was available the desk clerk said she is with someone else and yet I was next in line and had to leave or miss my flight.As a SPG member talking to me and resolving the issue is critical than hiding or telling me to talk to someone at On Peak housing dept.Seems they they are just money hungry and once they get it care about your stay.They clearly lack customer service skills and how to resolve issues and should be sent back to training including Caroline for her ignorance.I am still waiting to hear from her to resolve this rate discrepancy.

Room Tip: solve the issues you may have before checking out otherwise they dont care and will not call you.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am in disbelief to read of your less than perfect check in experience with our welcome staff and with Caroline. Please contact me immediately at gm.wsobe@whotels.com to get this rectified as I want to make sure we turn your experience around.