“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Great Hotel, stayed 3 nights in July 2014. Art Deco style, staff very friendly. Food excellent, good Pool and access to beach. Bar service is good. Convenient location.

Our room was a little worn in places and could have done with a freshening up. ripped seat, broken blinds, few marks etc about. The Rooms are also a little small. Would have been nice to have had drinking glasses in the room to use with mini bar!!! Plus an ice machine and ice buckets would have been a good idea.

The gym area is small with some aerobic machines and loose weights but we used it around 0600 and had the place to ourselves.

Pool service is very good. not really got any negatives other than the few marks etc in my room. This wouldn't put me off coming back again suppose I'm just getting a bit picky!!!

Room Tip: ask for one overlong the pool and south beach.
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
What a lovely review, James M! Thank you so much for the wonderful sentiments. I am beyond thrilled to hear that you and yours had an enjoyable time with us and that our staff, food, pool and overall service were all positives of your visit! Thank you as well for your feedback of the in-room needs. We are taking inventory & refreshing our furniture and amenities floor by floor, so we should be in tip top shape when you return. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Holmdel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went back to South Beach for the second year since we love it there! We had to give a special review to the manager at Hyde in the SLS Hotel. Ana Andrijasevic was the epitome of good service and spirit. She made our visit that much more exceptional with a high level of attentiveness and a great attitude. She added high value to the hotel stay-- which by the way is really fun, modern, and cosmopolitan.

Room Tip: The rooms are well designed and modern in a boutique hotel. We did not have an ocean view and didn...
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Renee T, thank you for this absolutely beautiful review! We appreciate that you have come back to see us and consider SLS a place you love coming back to. Thank you as well for your kind words regarding our superstar Ana! You said it best - she is truly the epitome of good service and spirit and we are beyond lucky to have her on our team. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to recognize her and look forward to your visit next year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Rented a room for a couples get away and to enjoy the Miami Swim Show. We arrived early and our room, naturally, wasn't available. However, it was no big deal. We went on to see a show and got a call that our room was ready and our bags were already delivered there. Very nice. We were concerned about noise because we were on the 3rd floor but it was not an issue at night. Nightlife was hopping there and the food was great. Would definitely stay there again.

Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
This review is music to my ears (or eyes), Rebecca E! Thank you so much for the 5 stars! It’s great to hear that you and yours enjoyed yourselves in every aspect of your stay. Can’t wait to see you again!
Shelton, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel has some great features, friendly staff, cool vibe, the main problem that I had was I left my briefcase with Macbook along with luggage with the concierge, they then delivered it to my room. When I opened my laptop the screen was shattered. I filed a claim and it took them a full month to get back to me, then blaming me for the damage and not taking any responsibility.

You might enjoy your stay here, but don't trust them to do the right thing when it comes to an incident like I had...

Room Tip: Pay a lot more money to get a larger room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Harrison T,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We take every comment seriously and appreciate that you took the time to voice your concerns. To open, I am very glad that you found the staff to be friendly and the property to have a cool vibe about it. We strive to create a fun energetic environment and it sounds like you enjoyed our property save the concern listed above. That said I sincerely apologize for the damage to your laptop. My understanding is that your claim is being processed by our risk management/claims department and that the claim is still pending given the insurance based investigation. If this is not the case, please contact me directly at caroline.dyal@slshotels.com so we may resolve the issue. Again, thank you for your candid feedback. I look forward to speaking with you and hopefully giving some sense of resolution to your case.
Caroline
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We go at least once a year to South Beach and try to stay at a different resort each time. This time we decided to stay at SLS per a recommendation from a friend that lives in South Beach. I did read others reviews of the hotel and it seemed like the only major consistent negative was the room size so we decided to splurge and reserved the Villa. I am glad that we did because it was the size of a normal suite but at least it was in the new building that over looked the pool with balcony. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was very nice with its pink accents and the closet had plenty of room.
The nice girl that checked us in I think her name was Monica was so sweet and was very knowledgeable about the hotel and just the kind of person you want to check you into the hotel.

We were staying there for our anniversary so a few hours after check in room service brought us a bottle of champagne and 6 chocolate strawberries for six years of marriage. Yummy!

That night we did try out the Hyde Club at SLS and it was full of Miami's finest.
. I will say that it is a little noisy in the villa at night but that was fine and to be expected.

The next day we went down to the restaurant to have brunch and that was fab, do not miss that if you come visit! The server that we had was so sweet and had a smile on his face the whole time. I am sorry that I didn't get his name because he was fantastic! He also got us 6 chocolate dipped strawberries for our anniversary. Make sure to order the French Toast "WOW", also take your time at brunch because there are several food stations that are set up and all are wonderful!

The rest of the day we spent at the pool that is reserved for the hotel guests. The pool music I loved with a kinda day time house theme. The pool area is well done. We had Chelsea waiting on us, she was on top of everything! The only down fall at the pool was the food selection! This hotel has amazing food but the pool menu was way too limited. When I went back to the room to order room service and noticed and the hotel had left us an assortment of dried fruit and meats. I still did order room service and got the Cuban, it was delicious! Their food is so worth it!

Room Tip: if you stay in the villas, the ones that are closest to the hotel are less noisy.
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your review, Tytovah L and happy anniversary! We are thrilled you chose to stay with us for your special day and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Sounds like you did your research regarding our cozy rooms and hit the jackpot with your Villa selection! Those are definitely a more spacious and comfy selection – especially if you are staying for more than a couple of days. Thank you as well for highlighting certain members of our team as standing out during your stay! We love taking care of our guests and as you can see, once we find out it’s a special occasion, we like to celebrate with you. So glad you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you for your next anniversary…if not sooner!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have just returned to Australia having stayed in a variety of hotels in the USA, none better than the SLS Miami. From the professional team at the front desk from check-in to check-out, the charming and friendly bar and restaurant staff throughout the resort, this is a class act.
The attendants by the pool were also friendly and helpful. Katsuya was awesome!
The amenities were sparkling clean, the finishes throughout were stylish and edgy.
We are regular and fussy travellers and frequent great hotels and resorts internationally and this is amongst the best we have been to.
Can strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
What an amazing review! Gary P, it is you who are the class act. I sincerely appreciate every word that you wrote regarding your stay and am so glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much. Our team strives to make a difference to every guest that enters our doors and that you felt that we were friendly, helpful, and professional and the best on your tour means the world to us! Thank you so much for staying and sending such a lovey review. Hope we have the chance to see you again soon!
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

sorry this is so late, i cant say enough great things about this place. my daughter and i traveled here from nb, ca in june for a week get away. the service was impeccable from the front desk. a great manager, i believe his name was christopher and a waitress perscilla. very hip, trendy, beautifully decorated and the restaurants r the best in sb. and yes google the theme of the decor (very interesting). the beach is prime and the location couldn't be better! the only thing one might complain about is the small rooms although gorgeous. my feeling was, if your in the room that much to notice then your not doing south beach right!!! we actually felt like we made friends there and can't wait to go back. val and alex d. <3

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Val & Alex, we absolutely heart you! Thank you so much for such a gorgeous five star review. I am so glad you and your daughter chose us for your getaway and had such a great time! Our team loves making new friends like you and ensuring that every moment you are with us is special. Can’t wait to see you again!!

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!