“what Id expect from South Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Save Up To 30%
Ranked #26 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“what Id expect from South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We go at least once a year to South Beach and try to stay at a different resort each time. This time we decided to stay at SLS per a recommendation from a friend that lives in South Beach. I did read others reviews of the hotel and it seemed like the only major consistent negative was the room size so we decided to splurge and reserved the Villa. I am glad that we did because it was the size of a normal suite but at least it was in the new building that over looked the pool with balcony. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was very nice with its pink accents and the closet had plenty of room.
The nice girl that checked us in I think her name was Monica was so sweet and was very knowledgeable about the hotel and just the kind of person you want to check you into the hotel.

We were staying there for our anniversary so a few hours after check in room service brought us a bottle of champagne and 6 chocolate strawberries for six years of marriage. Yummy!

That night we did try out the Hyde Club at SLS and it was full of Miami's finest.
. I will say that it is a little noisy in the villa at night but that was fine and to be expected.

The next day we went down to the restaurant to have brunch and that was fab, do not miss that if you come visit! The server that we had was so sweet and had a smile on his face the whole time. I am sorry that I didn't get his name because he was fantastic! He also got us 6 chocolate dipped strawberries for our anniversary. Make sure to order the French Toast "WOW", also take your time at brunch because there are several food stations that are set up and all are wonderful!

The rest of the day we spent at the pool that is reserved for the hotel guests. The pool music I loved with a kinda day time house theme. The pool area is well done. We had Chelsea waiting on us, she was on top of everything! The only down fall at the pool was the food selection! This hotel has amazing food but the pool menu was way too limited. When I went back to the room to order room service and noticed and the hotel had left us an assortment of dried fruit and meats. I still did order room service and got the Cuban, it was delicious! Their food is so worth it!

Room Tip: if you stay in the villas, the ones that are closest to the hotel are less noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your review, Tytovah L and happy anniversary! We are thrilled you chose to stay with us for your special day and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Sounds like you did your research regarding our cozy rooms and hit the jackpot with your Villa selection! Those are definitely a more spacious and comfy selection – especially if you are staying for more than a couple of days. Thank you as well for highlighting certain members of our team as standing out during your stay! We love taking care of our guests and as you can see, once we find out it’s a special occasion, we like to celebrate with you. So glad you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you for your next anniversary…if not sooner!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have just returned to Australia having stayed in a variety of hotels in the USA, none better than the SLS Miami. From the professional team at the front desk from check-in to check-out, the charming and friendly bar and restaurant staff throughout the resort, this is a class act.
The attendants by the pool were also friendly and helpful. Katsuya was awesome!
The amenities were sparkling clean, the finishes throughout were stylish and edgy.
We are regular and fussy travellers and frequent great hotels and resorts internationally and this is amongst the best we have been to.
Can strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
What an amazing review! Gary P, it is you who are the class act. I sincerely appreciate every word that you wrote regarding your stay and am so glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much. Our team strives to make a difference to every guest that enters our doors and that you felt that we were friendly, helpful, and professional and the best on your tour means the world to us! Thank you so much for staying and sending such a lovey review. Hope we have the chance to see you again soon!
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

sorry this is so late, i cant say enough great things about this place. my daughter and i traveled here from nb, ca in june for a week get away. the service was impeccable from the front desk. a great manager, i believe his name was christopher and a waitress perscilla. very hip, trendy, beautifully decorated and the restaurants r the best in sb. and yes google the theme of the decor (very interesting). the beach is prime and the location couldn't be better! the only thing one might complain about is the small rooms although gorgeous. my feeling was, if your in the room that much to notice then your not doing south beach right!!! we actually felt like we made friends there and can't wait to go back. val and alex d. <3

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Val & Alex, we absolutely heart you! Thank you so much for such a gorgeous five star review. I am so glad you and your daughter chose us for your getaway and had such a great time! Our team loves making new friends like you and ensuring that every moment you are with us is special. Can’t wait to see you again!!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a great weekend at the SLS and Hyde beach, looked after expertly for 3 days. Great food, bars and fantastic pool party on the Saturday. Special thanks to Yahydeah, Grace and Amanda who took great care of us. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much, Sam D! We love hearing that the team took such wonderful care of you – especially at Hyde Beach. Nothing like a team of people specifically dedicated to keeping you happy & well hydrated, right? Come back and see us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Should never have spent so much money on this hotel. Top top top dollar and not even a cupboard in the room. There was a rack with the mini-bar and a gown, but nowhere to hang clothes and a desperate lack of surface space. Nowhere to put even a make-up bag and no light to put on make-up even if I had the space to do it. The room is spacious enough for one person at a push. Pity for us, we were 3. Room still ended up the most pricy of our whole American tour - from Westins in New York and Boston and the St Regis in Washington, D.C. Room wasn't cleaned by 1pm when we came back to drop off shopping after breakfast.

Most bizarre: I left my iPad behind when we left. It was hidden behind the curtains because the only surface available was a windowsill. I called the hotel from the airport to let them know that the guy from Supershuttle was turning around to come and fetch it for me. The SLS could only arrange a shipping to my home address in South Africa at a price, so I paid our shuttle guy to go and fetch my iPad instead. The SLS wanted emails from me identifying the guy and a pic of my passport. All organization from MY side. All SLS did was fetch my iPad and keep it at the desk for the shuttle guy to collect. Here's the kicker: SLS emailed me afterwards and asked me to come on trip advisor to review their great service in helping me recover my iPad. I did everything. I made the arrangements. I paid the guy. What exactly am I thanking you for, SLS?

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear J G,
Thank you for taking the time to review SLS South Beach. We take every comment to heart and appreciate the opportunity to resolve your concerns. I am sorry you found the rooms to be too small and inconvenient for you and your travelling partners. Yes, space is a premium in our historic building and we do our best to make the rooms feel larger with open closets and artfully placed ledges to maximize modern comfort in a cozy setting. In addition, I apologize you did not feel as though our service levels were up to par – especially concerning the return of your iPad. Please understand given the amount of theft in this day and age, we were only trying to verify that you were you and that you were indeed authorizing that someone else could pick up an item worth over a few hundred dollars. After all was resolved and your iPad retrieved by a very kind driver, our team reached out for a TripAdvisor review as you stated your stay was lovely and we were hoping you would share your sentiments. Lastly, in regards to cleaning, room refresh typically takes place up until 5pm, so we do ask our guests to specify if an earlier time is desired.
We appreciate your staying with us and wish you the happiest of travels for the future!
Caroline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel tops them all. The building is modern and very upmarket, situated perfectly on South Beach. It boasts beautiful pools and bar areas and serves the best oriental dinner I have experienced in years. But, and I mean but, this is nothing compared to the friendliness and efficiency of its personnel. You have warm people and then you have a step above the personnel of SLS. Nothing is too much effort for them, not even to drive me over to where I picked up my rental car (I asked for a taxi and they offered to take me).
The only issue I had was with the room sizes. My room was very small, but once you get used to it you just enjoy the hotel. I had a perfect view on the beach and pool.
This was my first encounter of the SLS group and not the last.

Room Tip: The beach and sea view is awesome
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
YOU are the best, Hennie H! Thank you so much for the 5 stars and the glowing review. Our team loves making a difference to our guests and I am so glad you experienced their genuine friendliness and willingness to make your stay with us special. Can’t wait to have you back with us again! Come back soon!
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everyone who worked at the SLS was so friendly, attentive and made my stay perfect.

If you have to time to lounge at the bar/lounge by the pool (Bar Centro) and want something sweet to eat, try the key lime pie...the absolute best I've ever had. I had it everyday that I was there!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
In a word…your review is great!! Thank you so much for the five stars, Ryan F! So glad you enjoyed your time with us. And I agree, the key lime pie is absolutely beyond. See you again soon!

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!