“Gary P - Impressed By Great Service & Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Now & Save 30%!
Ranked #38 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Gary P - Impressed By Great Service & Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have just returned to Australia having stayed in a variety of hotels in the USA, none better than the SLS Miami. From the professional team at the front desk from check-in to check-out, the charming and friendly bar and restaurant staff throughout the resort, this is a class act.
The attendants by the pool were also friendly and helpful. Katsuya was awesome!
The amenities were sparkling clean, the finishes throughout were stylish and edgy.
We are regular and fussy travellers and frequent great hotels and resorts internationally and this is amongst the best we have been to.
Can strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
What an amazing review! Gary P, it is you who are the class act. I sincerely appreciate every word that you wrote regarding your stay and am so glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much. Our team strives to make a difference to every guest that enters our doors and that you felt that we were friendly, helpful, and professional and the best on your tour means the world to us! Thank you so much for staying and sending such a lovey review. Hope we have the chance to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

sorry this is so late, i cant say enough great things about this place. my daughter and i traveled here from nb, ca in june for a week get away. the service was impeccable from the front desk. a great manager, i believe his name was christopher and a waitress perscilla. very hip, trendy, beautifully decorated and the restaurants r the best in sb. and yes google the theme of the decor (very interesting). the beach is prime and the location couldn't be better! the only thing one might complain about is the small rooms although gorgeous. my feeling was, if your in the room that much to notice then your not doing south beach right!!! we actually felt like we made friends there and can't wait to go back. val and alex d. <3

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Val & Alex, we absolutely heart you! Thank you so much for such a gorgeous five star review. I am so glad you and your daughter chose us for your getaway and had such a great time! Our team loves making new friends like you and ensuring that every moment you are with us is special. Can’t wait to see you again!!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a great weekend at the SLS and Hyde beach, looked after expertly for 3 days. Great food, bars and fantastic pool party on the Saturday. Special thanks to Yahydeah, Grace and Amanda who took great care of us. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much, Sam D! We love hearing that the team took such wonderful care of you – especially at Hyde Beach. Nothing like a team of people specifically dedicated to keeping you happy & well hydrated, right? Come back and see us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Should never have spent so much money on this hotel. Top top top dollar and not even a cupboard in the room. There was a rack with the mini-bar and a gown, but nowhere to hang clothes and a desperate lack of surface space. Nowhere to put even a make-up bag and no light to put on make-up even if I had the space to do it. The room is spacious enough for one person at a push. Pity for us, we were 3. Room still ended up the most pricy of our whole American tour - from Westins in New York and Boston and the St Regis in Washington, D.C. Room wasn't cleaned by 1pm when we came back to drop off shopping after breakfast.

Most bizarre: I left my iPad behind when we left. It was hidden behind the curtains because the only surface available was a windowsill. I called the hotel from the airport to let them know that the guy from Supershuttle was turning around to come and fetch it for me. The SLS could only arrange a shipping to my home address in South Africa at a price, so I paid our shuttle guy to go and fetch my iPad instead. The SLS wanted emails from me identifying the guy and a pic of my passport. All organization from MY side. All SLS did was fetch my iPad and keep it at the desk for the shuttle guy to collect. Here's the kicker: SLS emailed me afterwards and asked me to come on trip advisor to review their great service in helping me recover my iPad. I did everything. I made the arrangements. I paid the guy. What exactly am I thanking you for, SLS?

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear J G,
Thank you for taking the time to review SLS South Beach. We take every comment to heart and appreciate the opportunity to resolve your concerns. I am sorry you found the rooms to be too small and inconvenient for you and your travelling partners. Yes, space is a premium in our historic building and we do our best to make the rooms feel larger with open closets and artfully placed ledges to maximize modern comfort in a cozy setting. In addition, I apologize you did not feel as though our service levels were up to par – especially concerning the return of your iPad. Please understand given the amount of theft in this day and age, we were only trying to verify that you were you and that you were indeed authorizing that someone else could pick up an item worth over a few hundred dollars. After all was resolved and your iPad retrieved by a very kind driver, our team reached out for a TripAdvisor review as you stated your stay was lovely and we were hoping you would share your sentiments. Lastly, in regards to cleaning, room refresh typically takes place up until 5pm, so we do ask our guests to specify if an earlier time is desired.
We appreciate your staying with us and wish you the happiest of travels for the future!
Caroline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel tops them all. The building is modern and very upmarket, situated perfectly on South Beach. It boasts beautiful pools and bar areas and serves the best oriental dinner I have experienced in years. But, and I mean but, this is nothing compared to the friendliness and efficiency of its personnel. You have warm people and then you have a step above the personnel of SLS. Nothing is too much effort for them, not even to drive me over to where I picked up my rental car (I asked for a taxi and they offered to take me).
The only issue I had was with the room sizes. My room was very small, but once you get used to it you just enjoy the hotel. I had a perfect view on the beach and pool.
This was my first encounter of the SLS group and not the last.

Room Tip: The beach and sea view is awesome
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
YOU are the best, Hennie H! Thank you so much for the 5 stars and the glowing review. Our team loves making a difference to our guests and I am so glad you experienced their genuine friendliness and willingness to make your stay with us special. Can’t wait to have you back with us again! Come back soon!
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everyone who worked at the SLS was so friendly, attentive and made my stay perfect.

If you have to time to lounge at the bar/lounge by the pool (Bar Centro) and want something sweet to eat, try the key lime pie...the absolute best I've ever had. I had it everyday that I was there!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
In a word…your review is great!! Thank you so much for the five stars, Ryan F! So glad you enjoyed your time with us. And I agree, the key lime pie is absolutely beyond. See you again soon!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed at SLS from 7/3 to 7/7/2014, My choice was based upon the "reputation" the SLS group has, however for 4 days I can say I did NOT experience anything near a high end hotel experience.From the beginning and thoughout the staff was not very firendly and not at a level of courteousness that i would experience at the Mandarin oriental or Ritz on sobe, where I usually stay. Secondly, my tv had a problem with the remote, the engineering team was in my room 3 times in ne day, took up over 1.5 hours of my sleep time while they attempted to "fix " issue by switching tv's remotes etc,. Ironically i figured the issue was where i placed my cell phone on a table with mirror backing it was blocking the remote's near field communications. I asked for a room change , received a blunt no and was really aggravted. Next, I had to call for towels after room service cleaned room and didnt put fresh towels in the room, that took 2 hours to receive and was told by cleaning person that there were no towels on my floor available. The WIFI fservice was a poor signal and very slow which was frustratiing as I was not be able to work from my room with a limited bandwith. I have other issues that are my own personal preferences that i wont elucidate on here, but overall this was kind of experience that i would expect from a lower cost property and certainly not a plesant experience for a room that costs about 650 bucks a night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear stephen s,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We take every comment posted very seriously and want to ensure you find resolution after departing our hotel if you did not experience it on property. I apologize that you did not feel our services met your standards. We strive to ensure every guest has a wonderful time with us and at least finds the team courteous, caring and supportive. I am sorry you did not feel this was the case. I would love to address the concerns you voiced here as well as the ones you were not comfortable posting. Please contact me at caroline.dyal@slshotels.com so we may review further.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Caroline

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!