“Best of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Save Up To 30%
Ranked #29 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel tops them all. The building is modern and very upmarket, situated perfectly on South Beach. It boasts beautiful pools and bar areas and serves the best oriental dinner I have experienced in years. But, and I mean but, this is nothing compared to the friendliness and efficiency of its personnel. You have warm people and then you have a step above the personnel of SLS. Nothing is too much effort for them, not even to drive me over to where I picked up my rental car (I asked for a taxi and they offered to take me).
The only issue I had was with the room sizes. My room was very small, but once you get used to it you just enjoy the hotel. I had a perfect view on the beach and pool.
This was my first encounter of the SLS group and not the last.

Room Tip: The beach and sea view is awesome
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
YOU are the best, Hennie H! Thank you so much for the 5 stars and the glowing review. Our team loves making a difference to our guests and I am so glad you experienced their genuine friendliness and willingness to make your stay with us special. Can’t wait to have you back with us again! Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everyone who worked at the SLS was so friendly, attentive and made my stay perfect.

If you have to time to lounge at the bar/lounge by the pool (Bar Centro) and want something sweet to eat, try the key lime pie...the absolute best I've ever had. I had it everyday that I was there!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Caroline D, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
In a word…your review is great!! Thank you so much for the five stars, Ryan F! So glad you enjoyed your time with us. And I agree, the key lime pie is absolutely beyond. See you again soon!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed at SLS from 7/3 to 7/7/2014, My choice was based upon the "reputation" the SLS group has, however for 4 days I can say I did NOT experience anything near a high end hotel experience.From the beginning and thoughout the staff was not very firendly and not at a level of courteousness that i would experience at the Mandarin oriental or Ritz on sobe, where I usually stay. Secondly, my tv had a problem with the remote, the engineering team was in my room 3 times in ne day, took up over 1.5 hours of my sleep time while they attempted to "fix " issue by switching tv's remotes etc,. Ironically i figured the issue was where i placed my cell phone on a table with mirror backing it was blocking the remote's near field communications. I asked for a room change , received a blunt no and was really aggravted. Next, I had to call for towels after room service cleaned room and didnt put fresh towels in the room, that took 2 hours to receive and was told by cleaning person that there were no towels on my floor available. The WIFI fservice was a poor signal and very slow which was frustratiing as I was not be able to work from my room with a limited bandwith. I have other issues that are my own personal preferences that i wont elucidate on here, but overall this was kind of experience that i would expect from a lower cost property and certainly not a plesant experience for a room that costs about 650 bucks a night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear stephen s,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We take every comment posted very seriously and want to ensure you find resolution after departing our hotel if you did not experience it on property. I apologize that you did not feel our services met your standards. We strive to ensure every guest has a wonderful time with us and at least finds the team courteous, caring and supportive. I am sorry you did not feel this was the case. I would love to address the concerns you voiced here as well as the ones you were not comfortable posting. Please contact me at caroline.dyal@slshotels.com so we may review further.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Caroline
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My sons surprised me with a 3 day weekend trip to Miami Beach to celebrate my birthday. I was informed that we would be staying at the SLS and, admittedly, I was concerned that the hotel’s reputation for catering towards the young adult crowd would not accommodate a family group with ages ranging from 9 to 60 year olds; however, I quickly realized that the hotel was professional, service oriented, and accommodating for all. In short, we all had a wonderful time.
When you arrive, the first impression that you get is that the hotel is ready to roll out the red carpet. In fact, you literally walk on a red carpet up the stairs to the front door where the staff greeted us with a warm welcome. My 9 year old grandson was wearing a super hero t-shirt and was greeted with "Welcome Captain America." This event marked the first of many wonderful surprises that were meaningful and brought smiles to our faces.
We immediately went to check in to unload our luggage. Jamie at the front desk was efficient and cordial. We were a few hours early and our rooms weren’t ready so Jamie recommended brunch at the Bazaar.
Needless to say, we had brunch at The Bazaar. The food for the brunch by Chef Jose Andres was a culinary experience, a journey filled with a delicious and abundant selection. The choices of food ranged from caviar and omelets to pancakes and waffles. And the desserts….who could resist?!?! Our waiter Guillermo was courteous and a wealth of information about the hotel and the area. During the rest of our stay, he always said hello when our paths crossed and assisted with any questions.
After brunch, we went to our rooms which were now ready. We were pleasantly surprised when a bottle of champagne with a hand written card was waiting for us in the room. We later deduced that Jamie at the front desk had discovered it was my birthday after asking my sons for the reason of our trip.
We had dinner at Katsuya, which is located in the hotel. The restaurant had a great ambience with elegant décor and appropriate lighting! Our waitress Kate may have been new on the job; however, it would have gone unnoticed because of her knowledge of the menu and great suggestions. She played a large role in enhancing our dinner experience from the warm greeting to serving us fabulous food. It was truly a wonderful experience.
The rooms had stylish modern decor with a beautiful view of the ocean. They were small; however, they reminded me of my years living in Japan, where space is scarce and has to be used efficiently. It’s quite surprising the vast amount of amenities tucked away in the room. Anything that wasn’t tucked away (i.e. we needed extra pillows) was just a request away. The robes were soft and luxurious and so were their linens. The Wi-Fi had a strong signal anywhere in the hotel which is always a plus.
I recommend using the text option when using valet to request the car about 15 minutes beforehand. Otherwise, it takes minimum 10 minutes to get your car and valet can get extremely busy. Depending on what time of the season you go, you may be waiting in the heat if you don't request the car pickup beforehand.
I did notice that the young adults were having a great time during the pool parties. It seemed like no matter the demographic, everyone was having fun. We all had a wonderful experience and SLS really does stand for Style, Luxury, and Service, with the service way beyond my expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed at SLS this past weekend and could not be happier with our stay!! The staff was extremely hospitable and friendly. The pool party Sunday was one to go down in the books! Vicki went out of her way to find us some props for their Cowboy and Indian themed party which we thought was so nice. Everyone greeted us with smiling faces and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we could need or want. Even at checkout, the front desk woman offered us a ride to our rental car station. Even though it was only 6 blocks up the road, the ride in SLS's BMW 750 M series far outweighed any other mode of transportation! We travel to Miami to escape NYC hustle and bustle and we will be staying at SLS for future visits. Thanks for making our trip so fabulous! -Alexis and Luke

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mount Royal, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We just returned home from our 4 night stay at the SLS Miami and WOW we are sooo soo happy we decided to stay there!

We had a large group of 15 people for our joint Bachelorette / Bachelor party so we had 5 rooms and they were all beautiful! They are a little on the small side but so is every other hotel in Miami. The view from the Ocean View room is so pretty its like a post card! Definitely worth paying the extra money to have an ocean view room it just completes the entire experience.

The SLS is the perfect hotel to stay at if you are looking for luxury & being treated amazingly by the staff. Every single staff member we came in contact with treated us exceptionally!! Even before we arrived we had contacted the hotel & Robert the concierge was extremely helpful. We were a pretty rowdy group being a bachelorette & bachelor party & had some crazy requests and still after all of that every single staff member went out of their way to be accommodating to us! A HUGE THANK YOU to every team member at the SLS especially Robert from the concierge, Leo the Day Hotel Manager, Raymond at the Front Door, Lyle at the Front Desk & Natalia our amazing bottle service waitress at Hyde Beach Club for making it such a fun day!

Come & stay here with your significant other or a group of friends either way the SLS is sure to impress with their wonderful staff, great property, delicious food & wild fun at Hyde Beach Club!!! This is the place to be if you want to party all weekend long!

Room Tip: pay the difference to get an ocean view room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
East Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Everyone here did a great job making our stay a pleasurable one! Bathrooms could use a bit more light but overall, this is a great place to stay! Rooms are beautiful and so is the decor. ......Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!