“Partying in South Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 30%
Ranked #29 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Indiana
“Partying in South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I visited SLS in February 2014 and overall had a great time. We primarily chose SLS because of its great location & fun pool party scene on the weekends. The Hyde pool on Saturday afternoon certainly did not disappoint! Lots of beautiful people, great DJ, wonderful food, drinks and service. James was our pool attendant and he made our day the best, providing service with a smile and very welcoming attitude. Everyone we dealt with at this hotel, from the manager on down, offered wonderful service.

The rooms (like those at most older South Beach hotels) are small and lacking in amenities. There is no alarm clock with iPhone Dock, coffee maker or even a dresser or closet for your clothes. The bathroom was tiny, with absolutely no counter space & dim lighting. It was challenging for me to do my hair or put on makeup in this bathroom.

The hotel bar is a beautiful gathering spot and always hopping with people. The front porch area is great for more private relaxing and Collins Ave. people watching. All in all, this is a great hotel if you are looking for a good social scene and fantastic service. Just don't expect the most luxurious rooms!

Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at SLS Hotel South Beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the unique and fun atmosphere we offer at Hyde. Thank you for the kind words about James I will be sure to share the feedback with him. In regards to the rooms we do offer Villas that are much larger than the standard rooms which I am sure would be to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I just visited Miami for the first time for a bachelorette party the weekend of February 7th, 2014. 6 25 year old girls had 2 rooms at the SLS and it was the most perfect place for us! Aside from not being able to get us adjoining rooms (which was requested in October) our rooms were just one floor apart and we could very easily go from room-to-roomby using the stairs. They did get us an ocean view room for the bachelorette which was beautiful! The other room had a city view which was also nice. We loved that everything was very crisp and white in the rooms with touches of pink (refrigerator, safe, pink tinted shower glass!). We thought that was such a fun touch. But, it's not girly in the sense that men would feel like it is a feminine hotel. We had a nice brunch in the lobby Saturday morning and enjoyed a cocktail and nice service at SLS Hyde Beach until the SLS Pool Party that we went to at 2 PM. It was a really fun atmosphere! Great music, drinks, etc. for mid-twenty somethings! We then grabbed some late lunch at the hotel restaurant (I am blanking on the name!) However, it was the most delicious and perfectly portioned hamburger ever! We also had fun ordering the cocktail push-pops! We walked to Bianca at the Delano (right next door to SLS) for dinner Saturday night and it was amazing, too. My only complaint would be the gym. It is very small and only had 9 machines and one was broken when I went on Saturday morning. They were all taken, but thankfully I didn't have to wait long for the only working elliptical. They do have a great Beach Shred class that I wish I had taken since the gym was not a good situation. We had no problems at all getting cabs right at the hotel pull-up and they kindly held our luggage for us after check-out until we left for the airport. I accidentally left a small amenities bag in our room and realized in the cab on the way to the airport. They actually found the bag AND mailed it to me no charge 3 days later! I was elated. And, my bag had medicine in it (including my prescribed Adderall) and it was all there and perfectly intact once it reached me back in Kentucky. That sold me on the SLS hotel being wonderful! I was so pleased with the competence and honesty of the front desk and house keeping staff in taking the time to find and return my belongings with no problems at all. We had great service the entire weekend! Would highly recommend this lovely little hotel! Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, I brings me great joy to know your enjoyed your time at our boutique on the beach. It seems as though you were able to enjoy all of our amazing food and beverage outlets. Please accept my apologies for the broken machine in the gym we are in the process of fixing it. I am happy that we were able to find your lost bag and return it to you in a timely manner. Please give our best wishes to the bride to be, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The SLS is a stunningly beautiful property located right on South Beach. The beach access is extremely convenient and the hotel pool is breathtaking. Inside, the decor is exquisite. The standard room is on the small side, but has an AMAZING waterfall, double shower. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Food at the restaurants, bar, poolside and delivered to the beach is all amazing. As are the delicious cocktails. Would definitely recommend a trip here and hope to come back soon! :-)

Room Tip: There are beach and city views.
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Mari D thank you for your review on SLS Hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that you had an A+ stay and look forward to welcoming you back to SLS in the near future.

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. We had a beautiful ocean room on the 8th floor and loved it. The room was gorgeous, comfortable, and the rainfall shower is to die for. Some reviews mentioned that the rooms were small, but we had plenty of space and found the smaller size gave it a nice intimate feel.

The location is great with 2 pools and direct beach access. We spent a 2 days at the beach and one at Hyde Beach pool. There is beverage and food service at both. The service is attentive and the food is delicious. The hotel is steps away from Lincoln Road which offers great outdoor dining and shopping.

The hotel has several restaurants, but we ate outside on the terrace and pool/beach side only. We loved breakfast on the terrace with mimosas. It was a great way to start the day, but it was pricey. One night we had dessert on the terrace, it was fantastic. I ordered the Pastel Chocolate "Café Con Leche" and my husband ordered the Key Lime Pie Joe's way. After having these desserts I knew we were missing an experience by not having dinner at The Bazaar.

Overall, we loved it and plan on coming back!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms will be quieter and I loved the ocean view.
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
It is great to hear that you and your husband had such an amazing time at SLS Hotel South Beach. From the sounds of your review you were able to experience all of the wonderful offerings at the hotel. With all that we have to offer we truly believe that once guests step foot on property SLS is a one stop shop for all of their needs. The intimate feeling that your experienced at the hotel is exactly what we aim to provide all guests, a unique and organic time so that SLS feels like a home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Having been to South Beach at least 30 times over the years, and having stayed at most or all of the high end hotels, I can confidently say this is the best place to stay in South Beach. Immaculate rooms, comfortable beds, excellent pool, perfect location, great restaurants, warm and attentive staff. Definitely not cheap, but well worth every penny!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
It brings me great joy to hear that you had such a wonderful time at SLS Hotel South Beach, as we are very proud of our little boutique on the beach. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, they are great assets to the property. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This review is strictly about the beach services at the SLS.

My (now) fiance and I took a quick trip to South Beach to (A) Get engaged & (B) Get out of the 20 degree weather in NYC. We booked everything so quickly that we really weren't paying attention and ended up staying at a hotel (not SLS) that did not have beach chair services. Apparently every service on the beach for chairs & umbrellas is owned by the same company (Boucher Brothers) and is WAY overpriced. It wasn't until we came upon Jonathan at the SLS that we were totally impressed by the professionalism and outstanding hospitality he provided. Even when the restaurant service was a little slow (since we only ordered iced tea) he still was there to make sure everything was ok. We were actually SO impressed we walked the extra 1/2 mile to go back to the SLS to see him the next day. Next time we go to South Beach we will be sure to either stay at the SLS or at the very least, go back to see Jonathan on the beach.

Skip all the other crappy, old chair services that suck and go to the SLS. You'll still be paying the same price as every other location but at least the chairs are newer and comfortable, they throw in towels for free and they are overall SUPER NICE.

Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing SLS South Beach to get away from the brutal NYC snow. Sorry to hear that you had troubles at your first hotel, I’m glad we were able to turn your South Beach experience around. Thank you for the kind words about Jonathan I will be sure to share the feedback with him. Please accept my apologies for the slow service at the restaurant, this topic will certainly be addressed with management. Try to stay warm up north, we look forward to welcoming you back to SLS in the near future.

North Stonington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

If you want to rock it out in terms of great food/drink, luxury room, and terrific pool, the SLS is for you. The staff can't do enough to make your stay perfect. I had a very hard time leaving. Not to discount anyone there, but the staff at the pool is top notch. Have to return ASAP.

Room Tip: Just ask for a high floor with a ocean view, can't lose.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the amazing offerings at SLS Hotel South Beach, between the rooms, pools and restaurants we truly believe that we have something to offer all of our guests. It’s great to hear the staff gave top notch service they ultimately make the guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!