“Peaceful place in crazy South Beach.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Suite Little Savings
Ranked #20 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas, TX
“Peaceful place in crazy South Beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been traveling to South Beach for over 15 years now for my job. I normally dread staying right in the middle of South Beach, it is always so very loud when one is trying to sleep. I had stayed at this hotel when it was the Ritz Plaza and it was fine. I walked into the now, SLS Hotel and was just so pleasantly surprised! The hotel is lovely, I just love the design. I was greeted at the front desk by Leo, he was so very warm and welcoming during my check in. All of the staff that I met at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. This is not normally the case in many of the SB hotels. I had a room on the 8th floor, with a nice city view. The room was small, but clean and perfectly styled out, I really liked the look and feel of the room. The bed was so comfortable and the bed linens was so soft. I was also happy that I could sleep and did not hear any noise from the street. I did get a few minutes to run out to the beach when I arrived. The beach is so nice and the beach concierge, David was very helpful and sweet. This stay was a nice surprise and I look forward to staying here again on my next business trip.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor for a more quite room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear sinma2 thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at SLS Hotel South beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff, I will be sure to share the feedback with Leo. I am glad to hear that you liked the design of the rooms, we are very proud of the work of Philippe Starck. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

783 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Port Washington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Great weekend with girlfriends. The attentiveness and service of all staff exceeded my expectations. Room was ready shortly after our arrival at 12pm. Was offered a room with 2 double beds free of additional charge (more expensive) vs the king bed I had reserved. Amazing beach and pool staff. Even exchanged a drink that wasn't to my liking at Hyde beach club without any attitude problems. Utilized the complimentary hotel car. Fresh towels every evening in room. Perfection!

• Stayed October 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear nutella1973 thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your early check in and complimentary upgrade, the staff work very hard to ensure our guests are satisfied. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed 4 nights from 23rd September and were pleased with the choice of hotel, good location within reasonable walking distance of ocean drive and lincoln rd and great access to the beach from the excellent pool area. Found the majority of staff to be very friendly and helpful, Jose(security) was very knowledgable and offered good advice when we arrived and while we were staying at the hotel, Kelly was also great at the pool in the morning, bit disappointed with some of the bar staff who in my opinion could have been more helpful. Room was nice, little on the small side but no problem, bathroom again quite small but nicely decorated, shower was style over substance though and wasn't powerful enough. Slight niggle with housecleaning that they removed the robes after the first night so we left a polite note on the desk asking for 2 more only to find it ignored 2 days on the trot. Overall really enjoyed our stay, the hotel is a nice size and well maintained, sharpen up a few things and it would be exceptional.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Karla M thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly, we are constantly training them on the importance of over delivering on customer service. Thank you for the feedback about the bar staff and housekeeping we will use this information to improve as a hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a great hotel that has identified its likely clientele and delivers what they want. The SLS appears to be the center of the high-end business and social communities of South Beach. There is plenty of action all the time and interesting people everywhere.. We were upgraded to a villa; it was spectacular..large, bright and fine-edged. The pool service is excellent. Staff evidenced a real desire and ability to please. Megan B's (Reception) interest in our comfort was special, and she enhanced what was already a first-rate experience. srb108

Room Tip: If you don't enjoy loud hip music from 11p.m. to 2a.m. Thursday-Sunday evenings, then the villas...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Srb108 thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt a warm welcome from the staff. They work very hard to exceed guest expectations and I will be sure to share the feedback with the all. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently traveled to MIA for business and pleasure and stayed at the SLS for the first time. My experience was positive from the moment I arrived and till the very last second of my departure. The staff is professional, knowledgeable and friendly, the property is hip, sexy and has all needed amenities and the location is perfect! I have stayed at various properties over the years in MIA which I have been very happy with but SLS is the one I would keep coming back to!

Room Tip: Any room which faces the ocean!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Armen E thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. Here at the hotel we are very proud of our boutique on the beach and it brings me great joy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, they work very hard to exceed guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good location, freshly remodeled with nice design by Philip Stark, very small rooms, no balconies. 2 good restaurants ; a quality Japanese one a more frenchy second. Very nice pool area with direct access on the beach. Poor management. Still a nice atmosphere which combined with the design and the location make it a choice.

Room Tip: Get two rooms !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear OnlyHIghRollers thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of the offering we have here at the hotel. In regards to the balconies we do have a few rooms in the main tower that offer balconies and also our villas. I am sorry to hear that you felt management was poor, I would appreciate if you could reach out to me to me and elaborate on where we dropped the ball so we can grow as a hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just got back from a long weekend at the SLS Miami.
What a fabulous hotel. From the moment you check in to the moment you check out, you are treated like royalty.
The attention to detail and service is what really separates this hotel from the rest.
I've stayed at the top hotels in SOBE and this one is by far my favorite.
I must say a big thank you to the entire staff this weekend (in the hotel, at the pool and Hyde Beach) also I would like to thank Robert Tate for adding those special touches to an already incredible stay at the SLS. I am already booked again for next month.

Room Tip: get an ocean view room if you can. You will not regret it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear gizmoscar thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at SLS Hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It brings me great joy to hear that it was the service at the hotel that separates us from the rest of the pack in your mind. Here at the hotel we truly believe that exemplary service is key to delivering the guest experience and not just the product alone. Thank you for the kind words about Robert I will be sure to share the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!