“A hotel with a difference” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 30%
Ranked #29 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Virgin Islands
“A hotel with a difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very trendy, professional boutique hotel. All the staff are very attentive, and make you feel special.
Our room was on the small size, and unfortunately havering arrived from a trip to UK, I had two big bags and my husband had one big bag also,so we had very a little room left to get around them in our room. There are no cupboards or drawers at least in the smaller rooms. Having said that our room was beautifully decorated, our bed was ultra comfortable and the bathroom with huge walk in shower was great. Could have done with a coffee maker in the room, instead of all the little bottle of alcohol (but this is a party hotel!) indeed you can hear the music thumping even on the eleventh floor, but now I'm showing my age! But it didn't disturb our sleep.
We had breakfast in the hotel , which was good but over priced for a continental breakfast was $75 for the two of us. Dinner at the Tapas restaurant Baazar was wonderful, we enjoyed every dish and service was impeccable.
The next night we went to Katsuya the Japanese restaurant in the hotel, which is also very popular, the food was good, but we felt a little rushed as they needed our table, the little waitress gushed out her menu suggestions like a robot, and then came back with my soup and no spoon, whilst my husband waited quite a while for his first course.
This hotel is very well managed, staff are everywhere, making sure you have everything you need.
Perfect for a pampered break, people watching and just relaxing, definitely worth it.

Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear VirginislandsBagp your Kind words on SLS Hotel South Beach are greatly appreciated. I will be the first person to agree with you that we do not have the largest rooms on the beach. With that being said I truly believe that we make up for this with our amazing restaurants, pools and top notch service. It pleases me to know that you were able to experience all of the above. As you stated the staff were available and willing to help with all of your requests, they work very hard to exceed all or our guests expectations. We hope to have you back to the hotel soon so we can pamper you once again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had a fantastic time at this hotel. Yes it is an older building and the elevators are a bit slow, but big deal, I barely noticed it... The hotel is decorated to the 9's and has a great vibe.

Cons: In all honesty, the only one I can come up with is my room was a bit on the smaller side, but I was only in it to sleep, so not even that big of deal.

Pros: Not sure where to begin. This hotel is all about service--and I had GREAT service at that. From the moment I checked in, Leo at the front desk took care of everything and was extremely helpful. From there it only got better. Laying out by the pool Railey and Jenn were awesome, friendly and had great food/drink/going outside the hotel suggestions, Yahida in the back pool remembered everyones name, their drinks and was a fun chat, out on the beach Gustavo, Tito, and Reno made sure I had all I needed with drinks/food/towel service out on the beach, karen was great at the bar (she offered great food and drink suggestions) and Maxis made sure I was taken care of at Bazaar, checking in on me to make sure I was enjoying my meal (which I absolutely did--amazing food btw). I know I sound a bit effusive, but that’s only because I actually had that great of a trip. I'm from CA and I think I just found my replacement for Hawaii. Honestly, just an extremely relaxing trip with some of the best service I’ve ever had, and at a beautiful hotel...will definitely be going back to the SLS next time I am in Miami Beach.

**not sure about name spelling**

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Alex D thank you for your review on your recent stay at SLS South Beach. You are right we do not have the fastest elevators or biggest rooms on the beach, however i truly believe we make up for this in other areas. It pleases me to know that you were able to experience the amazing service that is provided at our little boutique on the beach. Thank you for the kind words about all of the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with them all. It brings me great pleasure to know that South Beach will be your replacement for Hawaii and that SLS will be your home away from home. We look forward to having you back to the hotel in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me for future reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We love the buzz of the ground plate of this new hotel: From the stylish terrace of Bar Centro - catching sea breezes and elevated above the guests pool to Jose Andres Bazaar with a more formal main saloon and playful spanish bar upon entry. Rooms were spacious, impecably clean, cool and modern. This is a lifestyle hotel with a comprehensive offer; moreover due to the scale of the hotel the ratio of service to guest is high and this matters. I found all service interactions to be outstanding - from restaurants, to bar, pool and beach. I also like that management is visible, active and attentive to guests in the foyer. Ayo heads up a high performing service team that delivers at every moment. I recommend highly when contemplating your next South Beach stay.

Room Tip: Superior King on beach side gave tranquil views of the beach...
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear nickjones70 thank you for taking the time to review SLS South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the magical food at the Bazaar we are very proud of the restaurant and all of the hard work the staff display. It brings me great pleasure to know that you felt a warm welcome from the staff. With so many hotels to choose from on the beach, over delivering on service is how we try to separate ourselves from the completion. We look forward to having you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My sisters and I went to Miami this August to celebrate my Birthday and we had the best time staying at the SLS! The staff were helpful and so friendly we left feeling like we had a second home in Miami! The rooms are adorable and I loved the pool. We also enjoyed our time at Hyde! Overall, I was so impressed and can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Tinasparkl happy belated birthday.Thank you for taking the time to review SLS South beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the property. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback. We look forward to having you back to the property in the near future.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just spent a few nites at the SLS from Charleston SC. Great time! Great scenery! The Hyde Beach pool was tops on my highlight reel. Impeccable service by all the staff, as they were quick to please. Yahaira was 'spot on' with my requests. I would say she was prompt, professional and poised with a smile. She was surrounded by a great team to consist of Shane and Luis. I thank you all. I had to remove my earplugs and turn off my music due to a continuous spin of foot tappin' beats. I checked out with an "SLS Exclusive CD". Nothing negative about this place other than I had to leave. If you wanna chill by a fantastic pool and relax with some amazing people, I recommend this place. Looking forward to a my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear JLH8675309 your kind words on SLS South beach are truly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed HYDE, it really is a great atmosphere out at the beach. We try very hard to create a Luxury experience at the pool whilst making it a fun time for all of our guests. We hope to have you back to the hotel Regards

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is all about the clubs and the scene, and not about providing a high level of service or room amenities for the guests. We stayed the SLS Suite, $1250 a night and the balcony was great but the furniture was old, moldy and dirty. The room did not have any music player and when asked they said ""we do not put them in the rooms", not even the suites. The elevators are so slow that you may wait 15 minutes or decide to take the stairs, which cause another problem if you do get an elevator, "they stop at every floor and no one gets on". All of this would have not put this hotel into my "never stay here for service category" had it not been for a 4 hour plus AC issue. After getting to our suite at 3:30 we found the AC not working in either room. Maintenance came up and both gentleman were very nice. On three occasions, they thought they fixed it and we had to call back to say it shut down again. During the entire 4 hours, not one manager called or visited to see what they could do or if they could provide any alternative, since our room was now over 90 degrees. I did go down to the front desk, asked if they could put us in any other room and they said, no sorry we are fully booked but we can "buy you a drink" which I declined. The front desk assured us that it would be fixed. After the almost 4 hours, the front desk called and said they would reduce my rate by $300 for the night but they did not know when the AC would be fixed, but they felt it would. Again, at this point no manager had reached out to us and they offered no reassurance that if the AC was not repaired that we would have a place to sleep. Due to that we checked out and went to another hotel at 7:30 after waiting over 30 minutes at the $44.00 valet.

One additional thing, the next day I received a survey from the hotel and I completed it. With-in 30 minutes I received an email from the manager telling me he knew about it and that the AC was fixed after we left. No matter, if your looking for a place to be seen, then this is your hotel, but if your looking for service and comfort as a hotel guest move on to another hotel that cares about you as a guest.

Room Tip: If you stay in the SLS suite, the noise in the parlor from the AC units above are very load. The bat...
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear tony917 thank you for taking the time to review SLS South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated and taken very seriously. It pains me to hear that you did not enjoy your stay however we will take all of your points and use them to grow and improve. In regard to the AC, I am very sorry that the system in your room went down, we were able to fix the issue however due to the complexity of our AC system it did take a little longer to fix the specific issue with your unit. I can assure you here at SLS our hotel guests are our number one priority and the staff works very hard to ensure that we exceed guest expectations. If you would be willing to give the hotel a second chance I am sure we can change your opinion. Please feel free to reach out to me for future reservation so that I can see to your arrangements personally.

Strasbourg, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the SLS South Beach with my wife and daughter in July. We stayed 13 nights and really enjoyed it.
The SLS hotel is a very nice property. Both restaurants (Katsuya & The Bazaar by Jose Andres) are phenomenal in terms of food, service and setting. Everything we ate was exquisite and the staff was always very nice to us and eager to help.

We staying in a nice suite and really loved it. We just regretted the lack of a proper way to play music (after we requested it, we were provided with an "iHome" basic iPod dock which was better than nothing but not what you would expect in such a nice hotel). We also regretted the lack of bathtub or 2nd shower. And last detail : there were no easy to access electrical outlets on either sides of the bed. Besides that, everything was great in our room.

We were very disappointed with the pools. There are two pools in this hotel : one for guests and another one (Hyde Beach) that is open to the public for pool parties. We found the guest pool to be way too calm and quiet for us (if you're looking for a quiet pool, you will like it). The Hyde Beach pool was deserted during the week. But Saturdays & Sundays were fun there. Keep in mind though that you have to be 21 to use this pool. So if you're a hotel guest with children, you won't be able to use this pool or attend the pool parties.

As the pool scene was too quiet , we ended up spending most of our days at the Delano pool which we could use as we stayed at this property many times.

As for the evenings, the SLS is definitely the place to be. The restaurants are lively and full. Hyde Beach bar is always packed with beautiful people and a great place to dance and/or have a drink.

Last word about food: breakfasts ! Continental breakfast was just great with a buffet featuring Serrano ham and Chorizo from spain.

All in all, we had a great stay at the SLS and if the pool scene was a bit more lively it'd be, without a doubt, the best hotel to stay at in South Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear fr8d thank you for your candid review on SLS South Beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your 13 night stay. In regards to the Lack of music options in your suite, I will be definitely be looking into some options for the room. In regard to the pool parties we make it is 21 and up due to the party atmosphere on the weekends which is catered more to adults. It pleases me that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that SLS will be your home away from home for future trips to South beach.

Hotel Manager

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!