“South Beach Hot Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“South Beach Hot Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have visit SOBE for the last 5 years at the end of March and have stayed at a few hotels during our time. All have been good choices- however, the SLS stands out as a place to be during the day and at night. The pool is great (Hyde Beach without kids) and access to the beach is right there. The drinks are really good...the only thing I hoped for is I didn't want to wait so long to get them (order your next drink when you get your drink). The only surprise was the size of the rooms. When we entered the room, it was a disappointment to see the rooms to be so small-, however, they were still very nice, modern and clean- after getting the whole experience, the size of the room is a non-issue since it was nice, beds comfortable, new, and clean. The fact that we felt like we didnt want to leave during the day or at night was great...althought we did leave just for dinner. The breakfast was really good- next time we go, we want to try the dinner at the hotel because it is probably amazing based on the breakfast we had there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind remarks about your stay at SLS Hotel South Beach. We’re really proud of the warm, intimate boutique atmosphere we create at the hotel and we’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your luxury visit to the vibrant center of South Beach, Miami. Every day we strive to make our home feel like yours, while exposing you to the spectacular sights, sounds and tastes of South Florida. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and I will be sure to share your review with our team

Reagards
Ayo Akinsete
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here on two different occasions, this past November and last month (March). Both times were above par! The staff from the moment you arrive, greet you with a smile!! The pool staff as well as the staff on the Terrace restaurant were very pleasant and helpful with the menu. While lounging in the pool make sure you have a pitcher of Mojito's!! Also the must try is the cheese platter as the prosciutto is very fresh, the Media Noche Sliders, and my favorite The Bruschetta.

Room Tip: Ask for the handicap room, as the rooms are on the small side of your a BIG guy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Sirdwilly,
I am huge fan of the media noche sliders as well! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay! Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can assist with a return visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great hotel with beautiful rooms and good aminities. The staff is very helpfull and nice, especially Leo from the front desk who made my stay very enjoyable. The parties are one of the best in Miami with great dj s and nice atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sotouke
Thank you for taking the time to share such nice things about your recent stay at SLS Hotel South Beach! I will be certain to share your note with our fabulous Leo! Hope to see you soon back in South Beach.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Miami for a week during the winter music conference, and we had an amazing time! From the moment we stepped into the SLS everything was fantastic. We were greeted at the front desk by Alex who was so kind and friendly, made us feel very welcome at the hotel. It was a great first impression! We could not have been more satisfied.
We were showed up to our room which was on one of the higher floors. We had a great view of the city as well as the beach. We went back down to the reception where we were once again greeted by Alex, who then recommended us an array of great restaurants and places to visit during our stay. Thanks to his suggestions we had a fantastic time at every restaurant he recommended! Thank you Alex for making our time spent in Miami and at the SLS such a great experience!
We love the SLS brand, and cannot wait for the Las Vegas and NYC locations to open!
- N.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Natm111
Thank you for the very nice note from your recent stay at SLS Hotel South Beach. I am very happy to hear that our fantastic Alex took great care of you. We are very fortunate to have him on the team!! We all look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am writing in regards to our stay and assistance during our stay our the SLS Hotel in Miami.
Leo who was at the front desk was EXCELLENT, more than accommodating in every way. He may our stay completely relaxing, and worry free.

kindess regards

Ken Berkley

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear kerryo0627
It is always such a treat to read nice words about our fabulous Leo! Thank you for taking the time and sharing such a kind note. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time at SLS Hotel South Beach. We all look forward to seeing you soon!

Savor life slowly,
denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

i was excited to stay at SLS Miami, as I have enjoyed the SLS BH. Much more than it's LA sister hotel, SHS SB is about being hip, exclusive and funky. It is not about making guests feel welcome, or special. It is definitely NOT about being practical, as there was virtually no room to hang/store my clothes, and barely a tiny work space to conduct business. I also found the staff to be too "cool" and a bit snarky, which is the exact opposite of having a service oriented disposition. The clincher, however, was when I stood in a narrow, dark hallway waiting for an elevator for 7 minutes, next the the custodian and his trailer filled with a dozen bags of trash. Will never go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Zooche
Thank you for providing me with the details of your stay. I am terribly sorry about the wait times for the elevators. We are working with our elevator company to adjust the elevators in our Historic tower. I will share the specifics of your feedback with the operations team to avoid similar occurrences.

My very best
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was at the SLS hotel for dinner about a month ago and lost my friends leather jacket. As soon as I noticed it was gone, I talked to Oscar in security. He took my phone number and spent the better part of the evening looking for the jacket. We never located the jacket that evening, but much to my surprise, about 3 weeks after my trip, I got a call from Oscar stating that he remembered me, and was pretty sure my jacket was found. He told me I should call security and speak to Donald Tucker. I immediately called Donald, and we determined that this was the lost jacket. Donald was so on top of it, and followed up with me everyday until I had the jacket in hand. Since I live in chicago, there were a lot of hoops to jump, but both Oscar and Donald made sure that they left no stone unturned until I had the jacket in my possession. I really cannot say enough about the job that these two security guards did.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Eileen N,
What a wonderful note you shared about our amazing Donald Tucker! Thank you for taking the time. I will be certain to share with everyone to see.
I look forward to welcoming you back to South Beach real soon.

Savor life slowly,
Hotel Manager

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!