“Funky hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Connecticut
“Funky hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great location, funky , fancy place. Only stayed one night but really enjoyed the hotel. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again. The pool and bar area was very hip and had a great South Beach vibe. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear PugConnecticut
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay at SLS Hotel South Beach.
I look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Savor Life Slowly
Paul E Cardona
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had a great time, would definitely go back! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The 3 mile courtesy car was an added bonus, when it was raining one night, they drove us to Joe's stone crab, which no other hotel has in the area. The location was perfect!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TOtraveller9876,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice note. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please contact me personally if I may ever be of service in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Bad service, arrogant staff, small room without either desk or closet. My desk is my luggage.
Just bad. When you complain the room is so small and there is no desk, the answer is: there is a sopace for you to work on the mezzanine floor.

Room Tip: do not stay at the SLS
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Bourgph,

I am extremely sorry to read your review. I thought after all the time that you have spent with Thomas Meding, our Area General Manager, to make you more comfortable that your stay was going well, especially after your raving reviews about last nights dinner and meeting. I also understand that you previously declined a room move and just want to ensure that you are now comfortable in your room after we made the changes you requested. Please let me know if you still would like to be moved and/or if there is anything else I may do to make you more comfortable for the duration of your stay.

Respectfully yours,

Mahwah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I spent 3 days on business at the SLS South Beach last week and had a great time. The staff was courteous and effective. At the end of my stay I was in rush to get to the airport and forgot my wallet at the hotel. I called immediately and the hotel was not able to locate my wallet. Pain in the rear is an understatement. Last monday I received a call from Donald Tucker of security. Not only had he been able to locate my wallet, but he took the time to give me a call and personally send my materials back to me. Donald was very courteous on the phone and was patient enough to go through my wallet with me to make sure he allayed my fears about particular items. I cannot say enough about Donald's work. He was extremely thorough and efficient, and organized.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Thomas B,
Wow! What a wonderful note! Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words. I will be certain to share with Donald and his direct report.
I look forward to welcoming you back again to SLS Hotel South Beach.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Just arrive last night march 9 after midnight.
Our reservation was made two months a go and paid in full.
Traveling with 4 year old daughter I send the e-mail day before to confirm our room and make sure when we will arrive very late we can go to bed and have a relaxing night.
Upsss I was wrong this is birthday gift for my wife grate weekend in South Beach and the gentlemen at the front desk letting us know they have NO ROOM for us.
We travel a lot and stay in nice places but never had that happen to me.
They send us to Loews hotel for that night.
At this point they can send us to moon and Mr. Sam Nazarian chairman of SBE hotels can be very proude if him self he has very successful company but I will never wish him the same think happen to his family.
This is not end of the warld and we will live but this is shame for the SLS HOTEL to do that.
I hope if you read that review you will think twice before you will make reservation in that very flashe and impressive place from outside but inside is a very dark hole.
Let see now if Managment or Mr.Sam will responds to this and I wish my wife Happy Birthday I did plan that trip for her and SLS did ther job to messed up all my plens,
Thank you Mr. Sam and SLS HOTEL

Stayed March 2013
Dear Darek11
PLease accept my apologies for the details of your experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. I understand that you are currently staying with us and would like to visit with you in person. I would also like to find a way to make up for your wife's birthday weekend. I will reach out to you on Tuesday morning.

My very best,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The trouble with these cooler than thou Hotels is -- the designers and owners really don't cater to us normal folk who: A) want the room we originally booked; B) want to see where the heck we're going when walking down the hallway to our room (a morgue has better lighting); C) want access to the pool property instead of whatever event company has rented it out for the night; and D) want rooms that actually have enough space between the bed and the faux "closet" so as not to trip or climb over the bed to then get to the postage size bathroom. But, hey if this is cool with you-then by all means book now. We did however love the restaurant Bazaar and our morning breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear ljnjks
I regret that I am unable to make the rooms in our historic preserved building larger. We do have villas that are larger in size complete with a terrace. Perhaps the next time you are in South Beach you would permit me an opportunity to give you a guided tour. I know that we are capable to delivering an unforgettable experience. Please reach to me at your next opportunity.

Savor Life slowly,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed in room v6 and the maid service was so great. If you ever needed anything they were there in less then 5m and kept the room so clean and organized. I would def come to stay at this hotel again. Drinks and food were amazing as well.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Abigailghelm

What a wonderful and kind posting for our Housekeeping department!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share. Please feel free to reach out to me personally before your next trip back to SLS Hotel South Beach!

I will be sharing this with the entire HSKP team!!!

Hotel Manager

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!