“The lounge and club rampand with talented thieves” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Be Legendary - 25% Off!
Ranked #23 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“The lounge and club rampand with talented thieves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stunning hotel with very helpful and happy staff...however, security needs to be tighter. There is a serious issue with thievery and not the onsie twosie kind. This is seamingly a well strategized operative with highly skilled thieves slipping into purses snatching cell phones in the blink of an eye. Don't just clutch your handbag with one hand - use both!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Chitown_Irish_1,
This is the first time we have heard of feedback such as yours. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will be certain to share with our Director of Security and Safety immediately.

738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

First time at the SLS, and it won't be my last. We were shocked by the level of service at the hotel. Everyone was very gracious and accommodating. From the moment we began the process of checking in I could tell that the staff was different when compared to some of the other boutique style hotels in Miami.
Rooms are similar to a Delano, bars and restaurants are great. What was nice is they have two completely separate pools, one that is a little more fun for adults only.
The service and staff was on another level. Felt like I was at a five star hotel overseas, where the service is usually impeccable. Whether you were at the pool, beach, or restaurants this place has their staff trained well.
I go often to LA but have never stayed at the SLS there, after this experience I will surely be checking into the SLS LA on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear KJKSoho,
I cannot wait to share your wonderful note with the entire hotel. What a wonderful compliment! Thank you. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can assist you with your next stay in wonderful Miami Beach!

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

stayed at the hotel, a week ago for two days. i thought it was absolutely stunning and beautiful. the room is not small is a beautiful size and ambience was incredible. loved the IPAD ordering system and service was prompt. staff was friendly, with exception of the first receptionist i met at check in. i felt like she was a lil tiny bit off putting and rude, dismissive. she didnt make me feel welcome, but everyone else was great. i thoroughly enjoyed myself. mirror on the ceiling was fun and double headed shower. i would have marked this trip with perfect had it not been for the receptionist. i will def go back. pool was also beautiful! second fave hotel in miami now.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Taya S,
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at SLS Hotel South Beach. We have recently made changes to the Ipad application and am glad that you were able to enjoy the tool.
I just sent you a note to hear more about the guest service agent upon your arrival. Please accept our apologies for this part of your stay. I can certainly make improvements once I hear your feedback personally.
If you find yourself back in South Beach any time soon please feel free to call upon me personally so I may assist you with another great stay in sunny Miami Beach.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I visit Miami 3-4 times a year and have stayed at most hotels along Collins. My last visit in early November I stayed at the SLS and by far this was the best hotel I have stayed at in South Beach. The hotel is gorgeous, restaurants fantastic and the staff, you couldn't ask for a nicer or friendlier group of people.

I will most definitely be staying at the SLS when I return to Miami in January.

Hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Amit1026
I am so happy to read your feedback! It sounds as if you were able to experience first hand the complete SLS Hotel South Beach getaway. Your note is definitely another one to post for all to read! Thank you for your kind words.

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The SLS is definitely a cool hotel in South Beach. We enjoyed our stay, it was the opening weekend of Hyde Beach which was a lot of fun. The rooms are a little small, so I wouldn't recommend staying there for more than a couple nights (no closet or clothing storage so we had to pretty much live our of our suitcases) It is definitely a scene there, so on our second day we hung out at the Delano beach club to relax a bit

Dear Melissa R,
Thank you for taking the time to post a note.
I am glad that you were able to experience Hyde Beach. We also offer full service including Food and Beverages by Jose Andres and Katsuya on the beach with beach chairs included. I hope on your next visit you are able to experience for yourself. Thank you again for taking the time. I truly appreciate your feedback.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I recently stayed at the newly opened SLS South Beach and had a great experience! I would highly recommend this property for the sexy imaginative decor, guest service, food, drinks and fun beach location. I have previously stayed at SLS Beverly Hills which was also enjoyable while the SoBe property is much brighter with a boutique feel. I suggested my friends to join us at Hyde Beach one night and they were not disappointed! The only thing I wish they had is Ciel Spa like the SLS Beverly Hills property so we ended up having treatments at Auga Spa. However, they do have a Salon.

The guest service stood out: TJ at the Front Desk provided us a nice corner room and area suggestions. Andres at Concierge was helpful in securing restaurant reservations and the house car. Daniel at The Bazaar provided us a brief tour while Eric at Hyde Beach was very accommodating. Last but not least, Giancarlo at The Bazaar went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of!

Thank you for making our recent stay a very memorable one! I will definitely recommend your property to all my friends and clients! We can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing the ocean which is larger than the standard rooms. The dual shower head...
Dear DavidGT,
I really appreciate reading notes like yours with so many names of from our team! I will be certain we share this with TJ, Eric, Giancarlo, Daniel and Andres!!! Thank you!
We wish we were able to offer a full Ciel Spa as well but am happy to tell you that we have a fantastic Wellness program including fitness, yoga and massage all programmed here on property. Perhaps on your next visit you can experience this first hand.

Thank you again for your kind words!

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We just spend 5 days at the SLS in one of their villa room. The room overlooks the pool and lounge, which at night turns into a niht club with the music so loud that you cannot fall asleep! Not being their cheapest room you'd expect a certain quality apart from a nicely furnished room.
What about their WIFI! If you are ready to walk around the room with your computer in your hands and raise it up and down so you can find a connection or try to stay connected...then this is the type of room you are looking for. Oh yes, it comes with an iPad you can use for the hotel services and restaurant bookings. Well, even after 3 calls to the reception, it was never fixed! We even had to go on "opentable" to book for the hotel restaurant!
Pool was nice, service ok, but beach service sucks. After a patient half an hour wait, I decided to
go and grab a menu myself and ask for service.
Have been regularly in southbeach over the years. This was the worst experience yet. And we had to pay for that!!!!
Were we the only one? Nop... one guy that left just before we did was also very angry at the reception staff for the same reasons....think you should hear from him too from what I understood.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost the villa rooms...expensive and not worth the price
Dear Friendly traveler 514,
Please accept my apologies for not being able to exceed your expectations.
We have made adjustments to the Wireless Access Points in the Villas to ensure a solid connection. We also recently introduced a new application to avoid a similar occurrence with the iPad.
Your feedback is very important to me and I will be certain to share with the entire team. Thank you for taking the time to share.
If you are ever back in Miami Beach I would love the opportunity to meet you in person so I can express my sincere apologies in person.

Hotel Manager

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!