“Good weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great location in South Beach. The rooms were surprisingly quite. We stayed for three nights with three other couples. The hotel is great with a very hip seen at night. The beach was amazing, Berlin took great care of us. The hotel pool situation is a bit annoying. The pool for guests is in the shade the majority of the day. The other pool which is open to the public who agree to spend a minimum amount on food and beverage per chair is nice, but as a hotel guest you feel like a second class citizen there. Overall we enjoyed our stay and we are glad we tried it. We are not sure we will stay there next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear John H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the pools. Please know that both pools are available for hotel guests as this is important to us. Our ultimate goal is to provide the best experience for our hotel guests which includes assisting you with the best location for sun and fun.
Again, thank you for your feedback.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at The SLS for a few nights to get away from the disaster that was hurricane sandy. Let's start with the good first. I must say that it was a great stay experience thanks to the hotel's staff. The service I received while staying at the hotel thanks to its profesional and acknowledgeable staff made my stay a whole lot better to me and my friends. I truly must say that I will definitely be returning again. The service provided at the lobby and pool area was exceptional and I want to mention one employee of the security staff sidney who really went an extra step in providing me a friendly and courteous response when I lost an item and it was quickly returned. I will definitely be returning to this wonderful atmosphere in march and recommend to everyone the great experience that is Hyde beach bar and its awesome vibe and service provided.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Angulod,
It is such a pleasure to receive feedback like yours. I am also thrilled to hear your comments on a member of our Security team! I will be sure to share with the entire department.

I look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Having a read at some of the other reviews, you can clearly tell that some people have minimum requirements. What I learnt on this stay in Miami is that no more buildings can be built along the beach and only renovated.
Knowing this means that hotels cannot simply add floors, break down walls etc - they have to make use of what the shell is.
SLS was a pleasant surprise. Ultra chic and modern. Yes, the lifts sometimes took a while but that allowed more time to see who else was staying at the hotel and strike up a conversation with them.
Pool great. Beach great. The mega shower head - ok, can I give a star just for that at all? The bed was extremely sleepable, it was like a big cloud that you just fell into.
Even staying with a friend sharing the same room, we really enjoyed it even though space was tight.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view/pool room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Starfish13,
It was nice to read your note especially your understanding of how the Historic buildings in Miami Beach add to the experience here at SLS South Beach. More importantly, I am so glad that you had a great time poolside and that you enjoyed the shower heads. They are quickly becoming a favorite detail of the room.
I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the beach soon!

Ruislip, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Rooms are on the small side, and there is limited storage space...but with that aside the product is amazing. Front desk were very accommodating and helpful throughout my stay. Love the idea of Ipads in the guest rooms...nice touch!

I am looking forward to a return to the hotel in February.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Waterdance67,
I am happy to read your feedback about the rooms especially the notes about the product. Our design team diligently worked to find only the best, especially the shower heads.
I will also be sure that the Front Desk team reads your kind words.
Please call me before your trip in February so I may assist you with another perfect stay!

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Wonderful location. great staff, very classy hotel. pool was wonderful, complete South Beach experience. There is very easy access to the beach, only steps away. Bathrooms and amenities were top notch, room decor was great - Flat screen TV, sofa in the room, table, big shower double water delivery shower heads.
Complimentary Coffee at the front desk in the morning, breakfast served inside, and also outside - Additionally, there pool menu includes great sushi, as well as burgers and other treats.

Room Tip: i would be at the end of the hall - to try and have less noise around you. it is South Beach, so man...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jim456,
I am excited to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at SLS South Beach! We recently added our new poolside cabanas which has truly changed the look and feel our pool experience. Please feel free to reach out to me personally so I may assist you with reservations.

Bedford, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we walked into the restaurant/lobby we checked in and waited 5 min for the elevator. You are going to need a shoehorn for the rooms the size of a shoebox. The room was to small to even fit a closet. We had a deluxe ocean view double double. The room was to small to fit two people and luggage with no door on the bathroom. The rest of the hotel was also very unimpressive with a small ugly lobby and ugly amenities. The service was terrible for a 415$ room. There are so many other nice cheaper hotels in this area do not stay here!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are tiny!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler1948274,
I am terribly sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations.
If you are ever back in South Beach I hope to meet you in person so I can show you other options for rooms including our beautiful Villas that are located next to Hyde Beach.

Savor life slowly,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want to be taken care of, all your requests honored and all of your fantasies fulfilled, stay at SLS South Beach. My husband and I stayed five nights in a Superior Ocean View King on the sixth floor. Lay by the pool at Hyde Beach during the day eating seafood platters, drinking jugs of mojitos and enjoying dips in the pool, dined at The Bazaar (ask for the tasting menu) and Katsuya, ordered room service at 1am, ate breakfast on the front terrace looking over Collins Ave, drank pre-dinner cocktails at Bar Centro, my only disappointment was we eventually had to leave. I could have stayed forever and been quite content. On the occasions we did eat outside the hotel the house car dropped us off. What a wonderful little extra this is.

Special mention to Nicole Genta – she is amazing. A star and an immeasurable asset to the hotel, we were in contact with Nicole prior to our stay, asking questions, making dinner reservations, nothing is too much trouble. She is personal, prompt and whatever her salary it needs to be doubled. She is a delight.

Thank you again SLS South Beach – we will return x

Room Tip: Ensure you book an ocean view - you want that view trust me.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AnnC1981
It looks as if you were able to make the full rounds during your recent stay at SLS South Beach!
Thank you for the amazing feedback! I couldn't agree more with you about Nicole Genta, in fact, she recently just won our Team Member of the Month. Your kind words is the icing on the cake!
I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!