My girlfriend and I stayed at the SLS Hotel for 4 days. We were there to celebrate her birthday! The hotel has a soft opening until November so there are some kinks to work out. But overall the hotel is probably the best and trendiest hotel in South Beach at the moment. The hotel is beautifully designed by Philippe Starck and James Beard with Award-winning chef José Andrés. The staff is all beautiful and very accommodating. No attitude, they are very helpful!
Here are good things about the hotel:
• Fantastic décor and service
• The restaurants and bars are beautiful and are very good if you’re a foodie.
• The pools are best part of the hotel – There are 2 pools, one that I would call the party pool (Hyde Beach) with lots of beautiful people (broad age range). The front pool is mellow by comparison
• Night-life is great, everyone seems to come to hotel on Friday and Saturday nights for the outdoor lounges and Hyde Beach – no need to leave the hotel
• Interesting people from all over the world
• The shower in the room- large with a rain shower
• Concierge extremely helpful
• Room service prompt
Here are kinks they need to work on:
• The hotel has an allocated spot on the beach however guests have to pay for chairs and cabanas – I found that a little too much! These should be complimentary if you’re a guest
• The room are small with no closets – there should be more hooks to hang things
• There was only one chair in our room to sit on and there were 2 of us.
• Drinks by the pool can be very expensive – Champagne U$200+ and cocktails U$20.00
I’m looking forward to going back to South Beach in November and I’m hoping to be at the SLS Hotel for their hard opening. Overall a great new hotel! We had a fantastic time and loved staying there for four days.