“Horrible with a Capital H” 1 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 James Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #35 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Horrible with a Capital H”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

How can anyone give this hotel more than a 1 star rating?? The staff was very nice but the rooms were horrible. The mattress pad on my bed was torn and shredded. There was no fitted sheet to even cover the mattress pad. The floors were not swept, the bathrooms were not clean and my used towels were simply folded and hung back up. There were ants and small bugs in the bathroom as well. Three of us stayed at the hotel for a week during a trade show and we all agreed if there was any other hotel with rooms available we would have moved out after the first night. The rooms were just flat out DIRTY. None of us liked our rooms, we all had the same issues. Boutique Hotel- Gorgeous- Clean ????? What hotel where these reviewers staying at ? It certainlly was not the Cadet that we were at.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were here for 2 nights on Feb 19 and 20. First: we booked based on TA reviews and info about location, cleanliness, service. Trip Advisor was right on: hotel was very good. Clean, comfy, rooms have character, rooms are small but quaint, and you cannot beat the location. Truly 3 minutes from south Beach at around half the cost of being on the beach. Service great. Staff friendly. Nice to arrive to find macaroons and fruit in the room. My only mistake was not asking about the location of our room. Our room faced 17th street, which doesn't mean much until you experience it: it's extremely noisy at night. Especially noisy on the Friday night before our cruise. There is a bar/club called the Rec Room across the street and music played "non stop" except for 1, 1 minute period (I am not exaggerating) from, like, 9 pm to 12:30 pm (I assume there must be an agreement from nearby hotels to stop around then). It was like the music was piped into the room! The saving grace was that the music was a mix of dance music from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and now, so I quite enjoyed some of it. Even when the music stopped, the horn honking and people out an about were quite raucous. Unfortunately, could not sleep a wink until after 3 AM. I see one other reviewer (RobertLouisNYC) mentioned the noise. I should have taken heed. I am sure there are other less noisy rooms. Or, if you're a sound sleeper...go for it. I still would consider this hotel again "if" there were rooms free of the noise. If sleep is important to you, ask a few questions before you book. Also: booking direct with the hotel was cheaper than using Hotels.com. Just a heads up!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face 17th street or one that's not near any of the popular clubs...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Room was very nice, clean and convenient. Staff were outstanding. I unintentionally left my coat and gloves and they fedex'd them to me immediately. Great place to stay!!! I did have breakfast one day and that was very nice too.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Cadet for a long weekend in February of 2015 and had a wonderful experience. Our room was the Clark Gable Suite, and it was gorgeous. The service was top-notch, especially from Alex at the front desk and Giulia the manager, both of whom went out of their way to make us feel like valued guests.
The location is perfect. Just one block west from the main drag of Collins and one block north of the big pedestrian shopping plaza of Lincoln Road means you're right at the center of the action without being on top of it.
The hotel itself is cute and well-appointed. They're clearly aiming to impress, as almost every element--the breakfast, live music in the lobby in the evenings, the dipping pool in the back courtyard--is better than you'd expect.
If you like boutique hotels, you'll love the Cadet.

Room Tip: We highly recommend the Clark Gable Suite!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
East Chicago, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This elegant hotel is in the perfect location, walking distance to the beach and shopping strip. Rooms were a bit snug but super clean and quiet. The backyard had a very amorous atmosphere. The little details made my stay memorable.
Staff was very helpful, and courteous. Service was above and beyond for everything they do. The charming gentleman that was most attentive was named Agustine.
The restaurant was pricey but overall worth it because of its delicious taste(I had the mushroom risotto with the Seabass dish)
I also wish that the bar could have stayed open till later, other than that A+

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I visited the Cadet Hotel on a very busy week in Miami. I got a very decent rate at their website so I took it. I was on a one night business trip so I just wanted a place to stay close to Lincoln Road. I was amazed by this hotel. Service is more than excellent, the staff is corteous and they really make an effort to make you feel at home. The rooms are beautiful, very clean and neat. You even have a small cup of fruit at your arrival and a personalized letter from the manager. I was very sad I couldn't enjoy the hotel longer but the experience surpassed my expectations completely. Also, beach is just two blocks away.

BUT... unfortunately, the reason I don't give the hotel a perfect evaluation is that I received some packages there. I found them at my room when I arrived, which was nice but then at checkout, I was charged 20 DOLLARS for receiving packages at the hotel. I travel a lot and I do this very often so I know there are like 10% of hotels that charge you for receiving packages but 10 bucks for each package was outrageous from my point of view.

Anyway, if you are not the kind of guest that receive items at the hotel, you will be very satisfied with the Cadet Hotel.

Dennis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Superb staff made us feel very welcome and pampered. Lots of nice touches and thoughtful details made this stay very special. Easy parking and one block walk to beach. The restaurant served 5-star quality foods and wines. Perfect for a romantic evening for two.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Cadet Hotel? Share your experiences!