“Boutique Beach Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Boutique Beach Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My gf and I visited Miami Beach for the first time. We chose this hotel based on the boutique affect and the proximity to the beach based on the map. In reality, the beach was VERY close to the hotel. The view of the beach was beautiful. There were complimentary chairs and towels given. The free breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, but since it is free, it is not worth complaining about. The 2 drink happy hour is a very nice amenities. Especially, when you are in very nearby to a TGIF Fridays. The bed is not as soft as most would like, but it isn't concrete. The bathroom has a steampunk design, but it is operable. Overall, I will say this side of the beach from 10st on down to 6th street on Ocean Dr. is more for the younger crowd.

Room Tip: WiFi was avalable, but very week.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great hotel - the vibe is upbeat, current, and fun. The staff are incredibly nice - reception, servers, housekeeping - everyone. Each room is unique. Food is good - complimentary hot breakfast, wonderful location - directly across from the beach. Really close to shopping (one street over). Close to bars and restaurants (and they have on in the building). Beach is across the street as well as an outdoor workout facility (with lots of attractive folks!). Wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had a great time at our Hotel. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I booked a one night stay and upon arrival, was informed that they upgraded me to a penthouse suite! I was beyond happy! Perfect start to my birthday weekend. I absolutely loved the decor of the hotel and the view is nothing short of amazing. The staff are super friendly, especially the gentlemen at the front desk :), and the view is to die for.

Room Tip: This is a boutique hotel with themed rooms. In my opinion, you cant go wrong with any of their choic...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had a great time with us. We are looking forward to see you on your next visit to South Beach.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Great location right across Ocean Dr from the beach, great night life location with bars and restaurants to walk to. Stayed in the Zebra room, very fun decor and great view onto the street and beach to see all the night life.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had a great time at the hotel. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a boutique style hotel and each room is themed. I would suggest you review the hotel website to see if the room you want is available. I stayed on the third floor (304),which is a double twin room - the theme was aluminum. The bathroom was older and needs a little work, but the room met my needs in general.

Overall, the customer service provided was superb! The hotel is directly across from the beach and beach towels and chairs are offered complimentary with your stay. There is also an Excellent FREE full breakfast included in the hotel rate and two free drinks offered during Happy Hour (I don't drink, but was also able to take advantage of the offer by getting non-alcoholic drinks). The hotel offers valet parking for $27 a day with in/out privileges.

You are in the heart of EVERYTHING. The view outside the hotel is breath-taking. I would stay at this hotel again just based on the customer service and amenities offered.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you had a great stay with us. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here over the week of July fourth, therefore the area was quite crowded at all times. Some could argue that the hotel is a little dated but I didn't mind since it was spotless. The people at the front desk were always helpful when I had questions. Restaurant staff was pleasant too. Location wise, the hotel is close to a street with lots of shops and the Lincoln road mall was close too. This is a great place to stay if one is seeking a lively, cheerful ambiance. I would love to stay here again if I ever have the chance to go to the south beach area later on.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor . We are delighted you had a great stay with us. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

With Warm Regards

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Three day pre-cruise stay in South Beach at the Pelican.

The Good: The Pelican Hotel is in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive; directly across the street from the beach.

The Bad: The Pelican Hotel is in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive; directly across the street from the beach

My brief stay at the Pelican Hotel was fascinating HOWEVER I would not stay at the hotel in the future. The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely nice. A hot breakfast was complimentary for all guest staying at the facility; also 2 free drinks were offered to guest during happy hour (4-6); complimentary beach chairs and towels; walking distance to bars, clubs, etc. and the price of the room was about average for the area. With the exception of the extremely uncomfortable and hard mattress…Pelican is not a bad hotel.

With all of the compliments one must wonder WHY I would not stay at the hotel in the future? The hotel simply does not coincide my lifestyle at this stage in life. South Beach and The Pelican hotel is a good spot for the younger crowd looking to party the night away, but the Pelican is not ideal for my wife and I. Many of the patrons of the hotel and on South Beach were young enough to be my kids. If one of my daughters asked me to recommend them a hotel in South Beach…I would point them in the direction of the Pelican; If one of my contemporaries asked me however…I would probably point them in the opposite directions. Just like South Beach, the Pelican is for the younger crowd (21-35). For my taste, I would choose to stay at a different hotel with a little bit more of the luxuries and comforts that I am use to when staying in a "4 star hotel". If you are looking for a hotel to party with your "boys" over the weekend, this is the spot for you. If you are looking for a spot to chill with your wife…keep looking

Even though I would not stay at the Pelican in the future, I gave the hotel a 4 star rating because I believe that it lives up to its promise…a nice facility in the heart of South Beach

Room Tip: Watch your tabs…tips are added to all the services in South Beach. Also watch out for the hustlers o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you had a nice stay with us . I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We hope to see you next time on your next visit to south beach.

With Warm Regards

Lupe Castillo

Been to Pelican Hotel? Share your experiences!