“Golden Location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maryland
“Golden Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a boutique style hotel and each room is themed. I would suggest you review the hotel website to see if the room you want is available. I stayed on the third floor (304),which is a double twin room - the theme was aluminum. The bathroom was older and needs a little work, but the room met my needs in general.

Overall, the customer service provided was superb! The hotel is directly across from the beach and beach towels and chairs are offered complimentary with your stay. There is also an Excellent FREE full breakfast included in the hotel rate and two free drinks offered during Happy Hour (I don't drink, but was also able to take advantage of the offer by getting non-alcoholic drinks). The hotel offers valet parking for $27 a day with in/out privileges.

You are in the heart of EVERYTHING. The view outside the hotel is breath-taking. I would stay at this hotel again just based on the customer service and amenities offered.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you had a great stay with us. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

Lupe Castillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here over the week of July fourth, therefore the area was quite crowded at all times. Some could argue that the hotel is a little dated but I didn't mind since it was spotless. The people at the front desk were always helpful when I had questions. Restaurant staff was pleasant too. Location wise, the hotel is close to a street with lots of shops and the Lincoln road mall was close too. This is a great place to stay if one is seeking a lively, cheerful ambiance. I would love to stay here again if I ever have the chance to go to the south beach area later on.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor . We are delighted you had a great stay with us. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

With Warm Regards

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Three day pre-cruise stay in South Beach at the Pelican.

The Good: The Pelican Hotel is in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive; directly across the street from the beach.

The Bad: The Pelican Hotel is in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive; directly across the street from the beach

My brief stay at the Pelican Hotel was fascinating HOWEVER I would not stay at the hotel in the future. The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely nice. A hot breakfast was complimentary for all guest staying at the facility; also 2 free drinks were offered to guest during happy hour (4-6); complimentary beach chairs and towels; walking distance to bars, clubs, etc. and the price of the room was about average for the area. With the exception of the extremely uncomfortable and hard mattress…Pelican is not a bad hotel.

With all of the compliments one must wonder WHY I would not stay at the hotel in the future? The hotel simply does not coincide my lifestyle at this stage in life. South Beach and The Pelican hotel is a good spot for the younger crowd looking to party the night away, but the Pelican is not ideal for my wife and I. Many of the patrons of the hotel and on South Beach were young enough to be my kids. If one of my daughters asked me to recommend them a hotel in South Beach…I would point them in the direction of the Pelican; If one of my contemporaries asked me however…I would probably point them in the opposite directions. Just like South Beach, the Pelican is for the younger crowd (21-35). For my taste, I would choose to stay at a different hotel with a little bit more of the luxuries and comforts that I am use to when staying in a "4 star hotel". If you are looking for a hotel to party with your "boys" over the weekend, this is the spot for you. If you are looking for a spot to chill with your wife…keep looking

Even though I would not stay at the Pelican in the future, I gave the hotel a 4 star rating because I believe that it lives up to its promise…a nice facility in the heart of South Beach

Room Tip: Watch your tabs…tips are added to all the services in South Beach. Also watch out for the hustlers o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you had a nice stay with us . I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We hope to see you next time on your next visit to south beach.

With Warm Regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in - the rooms were lovely, beach towels and chairs available for use, free breakfast and free cocktails during happy hour. The hotel staff were very helpful in organising tours and transport throughout the stay. Definitely will not hesitate staying here again when I return to Miami!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you had a great time at our Hotel. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went to South Beach with a girlfriend and her teenage daughter and a freind. We stayed in a King Suite on the ocean and the girls had a queen deluxe room. The suite was amazing!!! Great view and hugh room. Very clean and the staff was so helpful and friendly. Breakfast was free and it was a full hot breakfast from a special menu. There was a free two drink happy hour with lots of interesting cocktails on the menu. Service in the restaurant was exceptional with the servers being friendly and accommodating. Prices were very reasonable! Beach was across the street with large luxurious beach towels provided and beach lounges for free, it was beautiful!!
Lots of fun and I definitely plan to come here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you had a great time at our hotel. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We are looking forward to see you on your next visit to South Beach.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hotel is great ! Location is perfect , beach , view , and best food in south beach . No comparison , the menu is varied to appeal to all tastes , breakfast , lunch or dinner are outstanding ! When in south beach find this restaurant . Ocean , between 8th and 9th . Don't miss it !

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you had a great time at our restaurant . We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

With warm Regards,

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My girlfriends and I were down in South Beach for July 4th weekend. We weren't sure what we wanted to eat but we very hungry. So we stopped at the Pelican to try something new. The wait was a lil long but the food was well worth the wait! Everything was excellcent..we ordered appertizers clams and oysters they were great. The Crab Cake was the best I ever had!! The lobster and crab salad was really good it was a whole lobster that was cooked to perfection with pieces of crab meat. My girlfriend ordered the snapper it was cooked and seasoned really well. My next trip to Miami this will be my first stop. I highly recommend this restaurant a lil pricey because of the liquor we ordered but worth every dime!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you had a great time at our restaurant. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our team. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South beach.

Lupe Castillo

Been to Pelican Hotel? Share your experiences!