“Great service and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
COMPLIMENTARY AMENITIES
Ranked #20 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great service and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed 3 nights, even though I was alone, however I felt as if I was between my family and friends. The hotel is very cozy , clean, unique decoration . . . The beddings were excellent, no noise (room 214). But the outstanding service from the front desk (Miguel and Mentore) was unmatchable , they organized all my bookings, fishing trip, outlet mall bus, airport transfer . . .. I even lost my mobile in the mall bus, they managed to call and follow up to get it back. The hotel has excellent location , just cross the street and you are at the beach, your chaise long waiting for you. As well, it is few meters away from the best tropical club Mangos. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was staying in 214, very quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had a great stay at our hotel. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of the team . We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South beach.

645 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newport Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This place is in a primo location, Ocean Dr. Beach is just across the street and the hotel provides beach chairs and towels for you. The staff is very friendly and personable! Pelican also offers a great complimentary breakfast for guests of the hotel, which is very good! Lunch is also great there too! For happy hour they comp guests 2 drinks per person. How great is that!?
Loved this place from the minute walked in to the room!
We will definitely go back there. 5 star place.

• Stayed June 2014
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had a great stay with us at our Hotel. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

With Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

took some friends out for dinner & drinks this past Saturday and had an amazing time. from the waiter being polite and courteous to the manager Giuseppe making sure we had a great time.
i most definitely recommend "the mango and strawberry bulldog"

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had a great time at our restaurant. We hope to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The only word that comes to mind when I think of my stay at the Pelican is EXCEPTIONAL! My husband and I came for our 10 year anniversary and had an amazing time. The decor is so cool, nothing like other stuffy and typical hotels that all look the same. Our room was so much fun and we were surprised about how clean and crisp it was kept up everyday, we travel a lot and we really think that the cleaning staff outdo themselves here. The hotel is right across the street from the beach, it was very busy but we didn't have to wait for out beach chairs at all. We tried multiple restaurants on the strip and it didn't take us long to realize that the one at the Pelican was THE ONE to be at. The menu and service was the best we've ever had, the staff was very attentive and had great recommendations. Overall, EXCEPTIONAL! If you are looking for for a place to stay at on miami beach, look no further as the Pelican is hands down the best you'll ever experience!

Room Tip: We spoke to other guests and the rooms all have different themes, from what we gathered all of the r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had a great stay with us. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our staff. We hope to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

With warm Regards,

Lupe Castillo.
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is my 3rd visit to the Pelican and I have to say, it's never disappointing. The front desk staff provides excellent service. It's pleasant to see the same attendants working in the rooms. Always smiling and they remember you too!

Did I mention that the included breakfast is incredible.... "eggs benedict" yummy. The rooms are kept in immaculate condition. I noticed a change in the room... new AC units! this little gem never disappoints. Definitely will keep going back to my little home on ocean drive.

Good job Pelican guys... keep it going!

Room Tip: Third floor is better if you are looking for a quieter room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you had a great time at our Hotel. I will make sure to share your experience with the rest of our Staff. We are looking forward to see you next time on your next visit to South Beach.

New Carrollton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at the Pelican Hotel in South Beach Miami from June 12-15, 2014, for my birthday. I was excited by what I saw on the hotels website and the reviews on Tripadvisor were good, so I decided to book the hotel. We stayed in the Akka '70 room (which I still can't understand what kind of room it was suppose to be) and as soon we walked into the room a roach came running across the floor (which was wood and almost the same color of the roach, but I could see him!) and I stepped on him! I didn't report it to hotel management because I figured they were probably throughout the entire hotel and after reading a rating from another guest during that time, I was right (I saw 2 roaches in my room while I was there)! The room had painted pictures of the beach and palms tress on it, so I guess it's what the beach looked like in the 70's!? The room was clean, but kinda of small and had this loud ceiling fan, which I guess was for effect because no one would be able to tolerate that loud noise! Despite the roach problem our stay was good and following are the major perks for this hotel;

. Free breakfast from 9-11, not a continental breakfast either. You pick from a list of options that includes omelettes, pancakes and more.

. 2 free drinks during happy hour from 4-6. Martinis,Mojito and more

. Free towels and beach chairs

. Great location and within walking distance to major South Beach attractions.....Beach across the street, Wet willies, Mangos, Fat Tuesday, Clevelander

Note: We rented a car, so hotel parking was 27 dollars a day and it took an average time of 30 mins for the valet to go from garage to hotel, because there's no garage on the premises. I would not rent a car if I stayed at this hotel unless you want to drive to other parts of Florida.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review. We are investigating the issue pointed out on your review. There is been demolition construction in the area which we feel can be attributed to the issue.

Our Front Desk Staff acted immediately following your report.

Please accept our apologies and we hope you will give us the opportunity to make up for this incident.

Warm Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

me and my sister stayed at Pelican Hotel in June 2014. We arrived on Friday early morning, our room wasnt ready yet as the check in time is 3 pm, reception desk took our bags and gave us beach towels so we can enjoy miami before we get the key which was very nice. Staff was extremely nice and friendly, we loved the vibe and right away felt like at home. When we finally got our room - way before 3 pm! we were surprised with the room size - it was so big. Bathroom was outdated and kitchenette was empty - no plates, forks, glasses. We didn't spend much time in our room, but were very happy till next morning when we noticed bags running on the floor. We were not sure what it was till I looked at my night table and saw mid size cockroach. I jumped out of the bed screaming, jumped on chair and noticed huge cockroach running into closet. We called the reception desk to tell them about it and we were instructed to leave the room so they can take care of it. \mentor working at reception desk told us the room will be sprayed, I asked several questions in regards to what will be sprayed - didnt wanted to take those home, but he didnt explained anything to us, we were not offered another room either. We reaized why when we heard other people screaming in rooms, right away we knew this is not single accident like we were told. Over all I would rank the hotel high as I loved the decore, staff, food and fantastic dj they had every day but fact that you share your room with cockroaches dropped the points to zero. so if you dont like cockroaches running on the floor go ahead and book it...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review. We are investigating the issue pointed out on your review. There is been demolition construction in the area which we feel can be contributed to the issue.

Our Front Desk Staff acted immediately following your report.

Please accept our apologies and we hope you will give us the opportunity to make up for the incident.

Warm Regards

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Pelican Hotel? Share your experiences!