“Great time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We just stayed at the Pelican. We had a wonderful time. The room was spacious and a terrific view. There was attention to every detail in the room. The staff and manager were so very friendly and helpful. We are looking forward to our next stay there when we return to South Beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
On behalf of the Pelican team thank you kindly for your great review. We look forward to the pleasure of your return.

Happy Holidays from the Pelican Team

644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This funky hip-hop styled hotel has an upbeat feel to it. Hurricaine Sandy had us stranded from New york and the staff and management couldnt be more helpful through our stressful time.
I had the opportunity to check out some of the rooms, not one was the same, they had all different types of themes and designs! I found it to be quite relaxing sitting outside at their cafe enjoying their daily complimentary happy hour and looking at the beach set directly across from us. This hotel is in a great location, very clean, and wonderful people as part of their staff. I highly recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway or as an extended stay :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Catherine,

Thank you for your review. It was truly a pleasure to assist you during hurricane Sandy's visit to South Beach. Most of all, thank you for your kind words concerning our team. We believe we have the best in the city. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Happy Holidays from all of us at the Pelican
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Pelican on my trip here and I have to say the hotel is really fabulous. It is a fun trip back in vintage design and architecture. They definetly show a great passion to maintain this little piece of hystory and at the same time make it relevant, hip and modern with all the amenities that you would expect in a hotel of this caliber.
All the rooms are different themes and they are so much fun. I ended up staying in the "psychedelic girl" room and loved it :)))
I can honestly say I am really impressed with the design and layout of this hotel.
The staff was impeccable attending to my every need. The Genel Manager of the hotel Ms Castillo was fantastic in arranging for us a last minute function for some VIP guests I had and making sure I could do something unique and particular for them with very little time.
I would like to give a special mention to Mr. Mentore at the front desk who speaks a few languages including italian (mine) that is one of kindest and most efficient individuals I ever met. The restaurant is a must also and would like to mention the Chef Rocco for cuddling my taste buds with his creations and Giuseppe who manages the restaurant for making sure I was given impeccable service especially when I had my VIP guests. I must say: if you have the opportunity to make a stop at the Pelican you will not regret it. It's fun, it's different, it's personable and most of all it has the right people tending to your every need.
In the chaos that south beach can be this location is an oasis and a jewel.
I will come back here for sure and I would warmly recommend it to all

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear G G,

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and restaurant. As a boutique hotel/restaurant our goal is to ensure that we exceed your expectation. We are delighted to have read that we were able to do so. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon in Sobe.

The Pelican Team
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had an amazing time at the Pelican! The rooms are cute, the people who work downstairs at the restaurant are amazing also! We fell in love with Sylvia.. she is awesome!! :-) The chairs on the beach are awesome and so comfortable you'll fall asleep! Can't beat the location for nightlife and the happy hour for guests! I will be returning for my next trip soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rocky, how great to hear about your amazing time. We have the pleasure of having a fantastic team in both the hotel and restaurant. Thank you for your kind words Sylvia has been recently promoted we are very pleased to read your review concerning her performance.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit!
Breda, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel with fun rooms with different themes. Nice bathroom. The valet parking was a minus. It takes quite some time and it is a bit chaotic. But the very nice thing about this hotel is the free happy hour!!! Very nice gesture!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Pelican Hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The complimentary Happy Hour is our way of thanking our guests for having chosen us as the hotel of choice amongts many others in Sobe. We look forward to the pleasure of your return.

The Pelican Team!
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

With expectations high given the overwhelming favorable reviews this hotel did not deliver on its rating grade and my stay was average at best. I've stayed at a variety of hotels in Miami in the 3/4 star range and my expectations are modest with South Beach hotels. (very) Generous ratings in my opinion. Themed rooms (which one will either love or hate) are a good marketing pull and the Diesel name associated to it adds credibility yet the place lacks room quality - leaking faucets, non functioning phones, aged air conditioning units, unbearable noisy ceiling fans, average bath. Thought I had the draw of a sub standard room but when I was forced to move and had similar experience then I had to draw the conclusion that it was what it was. Be prepared for a very firm bed. On the positive service levels were above par, rooms generally quiet and location convenient. At the price point explore your options wisely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Tdottony,

Thank you for your kind review. The Pelican Hotel is like no other hotel in Miami Beach. A toy-hotel decorated with taste and no compromises, playing around different styles, recycled furniture and objects in an exquisite design and contemporary flair. The industrial fans and the vintage furniture are just part of the kitsch design with a touch of humor.

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the faucets, immediately after your departure our maintenance team was able to shut the water in the building and correct it.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season,

The Pelican Team
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the moment we got there, everything was so much fun! The room was unbelievable, the attention to detail impeccable. The view from the terrace spectacular. It created the perfect atmosphere for my wedding proposal, and the arrangements the hotel provided were first class and everything I had hoped for and more!! They made sure it was exactly how I wanted it to be. We have stayed at other hotels on Ocean Drive, but this is in a class of its own. The location is perfect, the restaurant enjoyable, the free Happy Hour a plus. I am looking forward to coming back and creating more memories!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It was a great pleasure being part of this special occasion and we look forward to your return visit!

The Pelican Team!