“Nice hotel! Excellent happy hour!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Drinks
Ranked #24 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Breda, The Netherlands
“Nice hotel! Excellent happy hour!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel with fun rooms with different themes. Nice bathroom. The valet parking was a minus. It takes quite some time and it is a bit chaotic. But the very nice thing about this hotel is the free happy hour!!! Very nice gesture!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Pelican Hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The complimentary Happy Hour is our way of thanking our guests for having chosen us as the hotel of choice amongts many others in Sobe. We look forward to the pleasure of your return.

The Pelican Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

With expectations high given the overwhelming favorable reviews this hotel did not deliver on its rating grade and my stay was average at best. I've stayed at a variety of hotels in Miami in the 3/4 star range and my expectations are modest with South Beach hotels. (very) Generous ratings in my opinion. Themed rooms (which one will either love or hate) are a good marketing pull and the Diesel name associated to it adds credibility yet the place lacks room quality - leaking faucets, non functioning phones, aged air conditioning units, unbearable noisy ceiling fans, average bath. Thought I had the draw of a sub standard room but when I was forced to move and had similar experience then I had to draw the conclusion that it was what it was. Be prepared for a very firm bed. On the positive service levels were above par, rooms generally quiet and location convenient. At the price point explore your options wisely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Tdottony,

Thank you for your kind review. The Pelican Hotel is like no other hotel in Miami Beach. A toy-hotel decorated with taste and no compromises, playing around different styles, recycled furniture and objects in an exquisite design and contemporary flair. The industrial fans and the vintage furniture are just part of the kitsch design with a touch of humor.

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the faucets, immediately after your departure our maintenance team was able to shut the water in the building and correct it.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season,

The Pelican Team
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the moment we got there, everything was so much fun! The room was unbelievable, the attention to detail impeccable. The view from the terrace spectacular. It created the perfect atmosphere for my wedding proposal, and the arrangements the hotel provided were first class and everything I had hoped for and more!! They made sure it was exactly how I wanted it to be. We have stayed at other hotels on Ocean Drive, but this is in a class of its own. The location is perfect, the restaurant enjoyable, the free Happy Hour a plus. I am looking forward to coming back and creating more memories!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It was a great pleasure being part of this special occasion and we look forward to your return visit!

The Pelican Team!
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

we stayed here for 2 nights in October 2012, it was our first trip to Miami and i'm glad my wife chose this hotel. upon arrival there was valet parking in the busy street outside and staff eager to take our luggage, check in was nice and easy. our room was "A Fortune In Aluminium" (304) and was very clean and tidy - although it wasn't a very big room it was well laid out with the most made of the limited space. The bathroom and shower were spacious. our view was, I think, an alleyway to the side of the hotel but we didnt travel there to spend much time in the room so that wasnt a problem. I'm not sure if you'll find a better located hotel of this quality and price in Miami - the location is right in the middle of a very lively area, and directly opposite the beach. There are bars, restaurants and clubs all the way along this road however the noise wasn't a problem in our rooms - which to be honest was a surprise as like I said it's a lively area. The hotel offers free drinks to guests during happy hour, these were gratefully received and although we tried to tip our waiter he surprisingly declined. During the time I spent in my room I found the TV reception to be poor, but that's not really an issue. The only problem I experienced was when I tried to charge a meal to my room - I couldnt remember my room number (my wife had already returned to our room with the key) but I did remember the Aluminium themed room name, however the waiter said he didnt know the room names and until he eventually enquired with reception to resolve the issue he was a bit bolshy with me and I even considered at one point that he was accusing me of trying to avoid paying my bill. Maybe this isn't a regular problem (and guests aren't usually as forgetful as me!) but if the staff could become familar with the room names or have a list next to the till then this shouldn't be a problem in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Unexpected surprise in sobe. My wife and I had a marvelous time from the moment we checked into hotel.

Rooms are pristine . Housekeeping does an amazing job. Keep up the great job! And happy hour for guests!!!

• Stayed November 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at in the 50's themed room, which I believe was room 201. It felt like I was taken back in time and had an amazing view! The entire staff was amazing and always helpful during my stay, especially the front desk. They helped me plan my trip from beginning to end with great local secrets and suggestions. They give entirely different meaning to customer service, they set the bar very high for their neighboring hotels to live up to. I am glad that I also ate at the restaurant because the food was exquisite! Unlike some of the other restaurants on the strip, their servers were great and the quality of the food was so much better. I would strongly recommend that people stay here as it is definitely a great hotel, better than any I have ever stayed at in Miami Beach.

Room Tip: The Executive 50's room was phenomenal, every detail was spectacular including the view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PelicanHotelSobe, General Manager at Pelican Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Jenn D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and restaurant. We are very fortunate to work with some of the best people in the business, and we all truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize our efforts to provide excellent guest service.

We hope to see you on your next visit to South Beach.

Happy Thanksgiving from the Pelican Team!
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you want to find a perfect, boutique hotel in the middle of South Beach, the Pelican is the hotel.

The staff is amazing, multi-lingual and very helpful.

The rooms are fun, sophisticated and comfy. I recommend the executive Zebra suite, facing the ocean.

The restaurant is excellent as well, one of the best Italian restaurants you can find in Miami.

I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Miami or for locals for a nice weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Executive Zebra room - amazing view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Hotel? Share your experiences!