We stayed at this hotel during Memorial Weekend this year.
The Hotel is located along Collins Avenue, within walking distance of the beach, restaurants, bus stops etc - central location.
We had a double room which was really spacious, with kitchen, wardrobe, two queen beds etc which was good. The room was clean and what we need as a based to be out and about.
The down sides of the hotel:
1) breakfast - absolutely ridiculous to even offer the slices of bread and non-fresh juices as breakfast. That is literally all there is, waste of time.
2) Really dimly lit rooms, there are not many lights and therefore doing make up etc outside of the bathroom was impossble
3) Loud air con that would kick start in the early hours of the morning
4) Invasion of termites one night when we switched off the aircon, so when we woke up they were all over the bed closest to the window and the net curtains - horrible! They were in the bed and everything and we went and told staff and asked the cleaner to change the bedding. I don't know what she did, because when we checked the sheet on the bed and the skirt there were dead termites on it so we complained to the front desk.
5) Cleaner hoovering in the corridor at 9am in the morning!!!
6) No full length mirror in the room, which for a pair of women was hard work!
7) Terrible wifi. Could not get it in the room at all, so had to keep coming to reception to access it. They said there was a problem with it, but not really acceptable I don't think in 2014.
The reception staff however were delightful and I wish I could remember their names, I think one was called Patty, then there's a guy and one lady (she is originally from Africa). They were fabulous and knowledgeable, helpful and friendly at all times. There is one guy on the desk that is soooo miserable though - not a great first impression for those walking in, but oh well you can't have it all right.
Anyway, it's really easy to get out and about from here and you can get the bus to Downtown Miami and the shopping centre fairly easily. You can also get the bus to the airport really cheaply from the next road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Art Deco Boutique Hotel features 22 over sized suites. All studios and one bedroom suites offer spacious living area, walk in closets, fully equipped kitchens. Some one bedroom suites also feature a dinning room area. All rooms include, hair dryers, safety boxes, iron & ironing boards, voice mail, minibar, flat screen tvs. Wireless internet available through out hotel. Continental breakfast, access to internet, business center, gym and private movie theater free of charge. Beach chairs and towels. beach toys free of charge too. Parking o site at daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Nassau Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nassau Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Nassau Suite
- Nassau Suite Miami Beach