“Disappointment at Nassau Suites you don't get what you see” 3 of 5 stars

Nassau Suite Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1414 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #65 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Disappointment at Nassau Suites you don't get what you see”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel featured a pool and sofa bed, both of which were non existent. We had to sleep on a narrow futon which we had to prepare for "sleep" every night. The airconditioning unit was not functioning properly and maintenance never came to repair. The staff was friendly and rooms were serviced well. Additionally the hotel is on a very busy avenue so traffic noise 24/7, very hard to sleep. We were advised that hotel was on beach however it was 2 blocks off and no terraces in any of the units. Most discomfiting was NO sink in bathroom!

• Stayed January 2014
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thanks for your comments. The hotel doe snot advertise itself to be on the beach , we are one block away from the beach and ocean drive.. We provide beach chairs and towels free of charge. We do not have a pool and we do say we have one. All our suites have bathrooms with sink, bathtub and shower. Some of our suites (one bedroom suites) feature sofa beds or futtons in the living room area. All suites have individual ac units. We have maintenance staff available every day should assistance or fixing be needed. Thank you for mentioning our friendly staff. Unfortunately south beach tends to be a bit noisy specially during weekends. Our rooms located towards the back of the hotel might be a better suit for your next visit. Warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights pre cruise and it was just great. The cab dropped us outside and there is an automatic door to enter. steps and a ramp. We were met by a friendly receptionist who had our booking to hand. The ground floor takes a few steps but the others are serviced by an elevator that was big enough for me and the cases but not able to fit both if us in. It was only 1 flight for my husband who got there before I did. The room was perfect. A kitchen area with fridge, oven, microwave and sink had plenty of utensils and glasses etc. The closet was walk in with lost of space and a safe. The main room contained a sleeping and living area. It was very clean and secure. We were lucky to have the end room so had dual aspect windows too. The only downside in the room was the size of the bathroom that was smaller than the closet but it did its job. The location is one block from the beachfront and 4 blocks from the main shopping area where the restaurants, bars and shops are. The hotel had a few surprises, there was free breakfast and they did both towels and chairs for the beach that we were not aware was included. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was free wifi throughout. All it was missing was a swimming pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks for your kind review. We look forward to have you back soon. Warm regards and happy 2014.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Based on the reviews in trip advisor I decided to pick this hotel for our stay in south miami beach. simply every thing was great. we loved the location, the services , the large rooms and the lovely Cuban receptionist.

go for it...

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and each time I was not disappointed. For south beach, the price is right and the rooms are big! Full kitchen,sitting area, living room, and huge closets. I was just there this weekend and had the room with the 2 queen beds. The other time I stayed I had the room with the 1 king bed. Both I was very pleased with both! Each time the room was VERY clean and the front desk staff (with the exception of 1 guy) was excellent and so helpful! Its in a good location, there is a paking lot (very convenient), they give towels and chairs for the beach. I would recommend this place without a doubt=)

Room Tip: maybe not the first floor because you could hear people in the lobby in the mornings(thats if people...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed for Labor Day weekend and had a wonderful time. The rooms are spacious, have kitchen amenities which is convenient if you want to make your own drinks to take to the beach. A liquor store is just down the street and has all the set ups you need. The beach is about two blocks away and we liked having the complimentary beach towels and chairs. We rented a car to drive ourselves from the airport, but you really don't need one if you are spending all your time in South Beach. We stayed on the first floor and yes, you can hear noise from the lobby and street, but it is ok. Breakfast is pretty small selections - juices, coffee, tea, pre-packaged pastries and apples, oranges and bananas.

Other tips:
Fun drinks and atmosphere at Wet Willies - about $10 for a medium and $12 for a large - all frozen drinks. On Ocean Drive.
Sandwiches are generous at Le Sandwicherie - just around the corner from the hotel. Also make great smoothies.
Dinner was awesome at Cafe Nuvo in Espanola Way. Had the lobster risotto and a kiwi mojito. Walking distance from hotel. Excellent mojitos with happy hour until 8pm. Sit outside if possible it's really nice.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I made two reservation at this hotel and cancelled it within the cancellation policy and was due for a refund. It's been a month and I haven't received the money back to my account. I called the hotel and spoke to a supervisor named Gillie who impatiently and in a hostile tone insist that they haven't receive the cancellation notice and blames it on booking.com. I called booking.com and it appears on their system that they share with Nassau as cancelled and due for a refund. I called Gillie with that information and was told he will check it in an hour and just to call back. When I ask if he has my information he claims he has it but wasn't able to provide my name when I ask him. I ask to be transferred to the manager but just went to voicemail. I tried to call the hotel numerous times right after but it just keeps on ringing so I'm not sure if Gillie was screening my call. Terrible customer service. I'm glad I cancelled my reservation and I will definitely pursue a claim against this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hi, thanks for your review. We appreciate you taking the time. Please note that our front desk supervisor Lilly was the person you talked to. If you take the time to read other reviews you will find she has raving fans. We apologize for any misunderstandings on our side. Apparently there were a few reservations and cancellations done under the same name and as they were not made with us directly but through a third party we needed for you the guest to contact them and make sure that all reservations had been cancelled and then they could contact us requesting the refund. The company has sent the cancellation information and the refund has been made, I hope you give us a chance in the future to be of service. Warm regards.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I booked two rooms in July for my children and there partners, they said the hotel was great and in a great location. They could not get over the size of the rooms and the fact that they had a seating and kitchen area. They had a great time and took advantage of the beach chairs and towels provided by the hotel. They were never up in time to have the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nassau Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!