“Very friendly value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Nassau Suite Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1414 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #63 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Buenos Aires
“Very friendly value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost a week. They were fully booked when I tried to make a reservation online from home, but I called and the receptionist (Lilly) found a room for some of the days I was supposed to stay and then put me on waiting list for the rest.
She ended up finding a room for me for almost the whole of my stay. Only Saturday night was impossible, as there were no cancellations, but she found me another hotel nearby at a similar price. I stayed at a one bedroom (for the price of a studio, as they gave me an upgrade) the first 4 days, and then in a studio the last 2 days. I am extremely grateful to her for her help both before and during my stay. She really made a difference.
The hotel is extremely well located, close to Lincoln Road, Española Way and South Beach. Because it is on Collins, wether you get a street facing room or an alley facing room, it is pretty noisy, as is all of this area, due to nighttime Latin "music enhanced" traffic at the front, and garbage truck and the occasional past midnight drunken street brawl at the back alley. But it is the same for all hotels in this area, so I cannot really blame occasional night noise on the hotel.

Both rooms were well equipped, and above all, extremely spacious. I loved the hotel and specially Lilly at the reception. I love doing my own shopping and cooking during holidays, so it was wonderful for eating in, especially brunch (I never made it to the hotel breakfast -which was included in the price- on time).

The price is extremely reasonable for the location and the hotel's condition, and although the installations are not as luxurious as they seem on the photos, they were more than adequate for my requirements: the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, the shower was good, the TV and the remote worked properly, the fridge was huge, the kitchen was a good size, there were almost enough appliances (only missed a toaster) and the dining area acceptable. Definitely recommend it if you like renting apartments more than a hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi! Thanks for your review they help us improve our services. We look forward to see you again soon. Warm regards,

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel is really amazing, I really enjoyed my stay; the rooms are eveything you need, WIDE, comfortable, clean, modern, enough lighting, shaving mirror, toilet basket, huge closet, good breakfast, beach chair and towels. The only thing annoyed me was the garbage truck in the morning; you can hear its alarm in the ground level.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thanks for your review. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately we cannot assist with the garbage truck timing. However we are looking into this matter to see how we can manage outside noise better . Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had already stayed 3 nights in the hotel when we started noticing bites and itchy red marks. One of us woke up to a bug crawling on the pillow which led to searching and the discovery of MORE BUGS...in the bed, on the wall, in cracks behind the bed. At 3am, we went downstairs to tell the front desk. His response was "wow" and "you have to wait until morning to talk to the manager". We requested new sheets and decided to at least change all the sheets on the bed where there may have been bugs. Ultimately, finally at 5am, we decided to sleep on the couch.

In the morning, we brought the bugs down to show the front desk manager. At first he was very surprised and he did apologize. He said he could put us in another room. When we went into the new room, we found dead termites on the floor and said THAT'S IT...so we packed our stuff and went downstairs to say we were going to a different hotel. At that point, he said the only thing he could do for us was to not charge us for our final night (we had one night left). WELL DUH!! If we aren't staying here, we wouldn't expect to pay. He was doing us no favours. We then asked for some sort of compensation for the previous night that we had discovered the bugs and were up until 5am cleaning. In the end, he refused to aid our problem in any kind of way. No compensation was provided. We were totally unsatisfied with how the hotel dealt with the problem. It's $5.00 to wash and dry a load of laundry there....maybe that could have been offered to us AT THE VERY LEAST.

THEN...get this...he accused us of having more people in our room sleeping there when this wasn't the case at all. We had friends come and go, who had their own hotel. But to make this accusation after what we went through was just plain disrespectful.

All in all, the room was nice and spacious, but the cleanliness was a major issue and customer service was awful. My advice...go stay at a bigger, more well known hotel and search the room to make sure you don't have any nighttime company.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thanks for your review. We are looking into these matters, Kind regards.
Saronno, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We are satisfied for the choice: great position near Ocean Drive, Lincol road and Espanola Way, nice room that it was a real flat (inside we found two king-size beds, small kitchen with a sideboard, a fridge and a wardrobe and the well-stocked bathroom), good price and the breakfast enough and included in the price.
There are a gym, cinema room and the internet connection(wi-fi and by cable) was fast and good.
The employees were lovely, expecially Patricia, the blond woman.. very kind!!
Only strange point was that when we asked a taxi to go to airport and we asked the difference between the call from hotel and to stop a taxi in the street, the man told us that there was not any difference. Wrong! They debited us 5 dollars but it was our fault because we didn't consider the cost of calling..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wien
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

well, this is my 2nd review of this hotel, and honestly, I am more satisfied than ever. Since my 1st review I stayed twice in Nassau Suites and I love it more and more. Staff is very competent and friendly - Lilly is top ! - and if customers complain about them, I am sure that their own behavior must have been ugly. Rooms - we have always a junior suite with two queens - are wonderful, I always found them well maintained (BTW, some people are seemingly used to stay in the sterile concrete blocks and should avoid a nice family hotel) and I did never miss anthing.
This time I specially admired staff and management: clearly, Sobe is not the place for very quiet vacations, but we had in the hotel people who came back in the morning (about 4 am), screaming and causing other noise. Next day, after complaints of guests, they have been warned by staff and management that they would be expelled if they would continue this behavior. Next nite they came back quietly. Super !
Maybe they will write a bad review of the hotel.
B4 writing my 2nd review, I read some extremly negative reviews of tjhis hotel. I think they should not taken seriously. At most, I found them ridiculous, e.g. if someone complaints that there is no bar and pool (had this person not looked on the internet presentation of the hotel ?), for me a great advantage, I avoid to comment further on them.
In my opinion: a very good hotel for a stay in Sobe at a reasonable price. Of course, people could try to get a room in Versaces villa....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Spent 2 nights at this hotel/suites. Great location, 1 block from Ocean Blvd and all the action, but quiet enough 2 sleep at night. Rooms very, very comfortable - American beds are amazing. Breakfast a communal experience in the lobby and we met very interesting people. Thank you to Lilly who is the best receptionist ever - a real gem!

Room Tip: Car parking great value for such supreme location