“from stay to stay more satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #66 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Wien
“from stay to stay more satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

well, this is my 2nd review of this hotel, and honestly, I am more satisfied than ever. Since my 1st review I stayed twice in Nassau Suites and I love it more and more. Staff is very competent and friendly - Lilly is top ! - and if customers complain about them, I am sure that their own behavior must have been ugly. Rooms - we have always a junior suite with two queens - are wonderful, I always found them well maintained (BTW, some people are seemingly used to stay in the sterile concrete blocks and should avoid a nice family hotel) and I did never miss anthing.
This time I specially admired staff and management: clearly, Sobe is not the place for very quiet vacations, but we had in the hotel people who came back in the morning (about 4 am), screaming and causing other noise. Next day, after complaints of guests, they have been warned by staff and management that they would be expelled if they would continue this behavior. Next nite they came back quietly. Super !
Maybe they will write a bad review of the hotel.
B4 writing my 2nd review, I read some extremly negative reviews of tjhis hotel. I think they should not taken seriously. At most, I found them ridiculous, e.g. if someone complaints that there is no bar and pool (had this person not looked on the internet presentation of the hotel ?), for me a great advantage, I avoid to comment further on them.
In my opinion: a very good hotel for a stay in Sobe at a reasonable price. Of course, people could try to get a room in Versaces villa....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Spent 2 nights at this hotel/suites. Great location, 1 block from Ocean Blvd and all the action, but quiet enough 2 sleep at night. Rooms very, very comfortable - American beds are amazing. Breakfast a communal experience in the lobby and we met very interesting people. Thank you to Lilly who is the best receptionist ever - a real gem!

Room Tip: Car parking great value for such supreme location
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the South Beach Triathlon and the location was super convienent, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was pretty good. We choose a 1-bedroom suite (I don't know the other options) and had plenty of room. The futon sofa was comfy (my friend told me) and the king sized bed was as well. Housekeeping kept the room very clean and the front desk staff were helpful and kind. It's not a 5-star luxury hotel, but the kitchen is good and it was a good value to stay there for 3 days. Location was great for us - near good restaurants, shops etc, and near the race event. I'd stay there again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
College Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This is definitely a mixed review, because this hotel actually has some really nice features. I love that the rooms are a comfortable size with fully equipped kitchen,modern decor, beatiful hardwood floors! and the hotel is really clean and neat. But there are some things that this hotel should upgrade being that it is an expensive South beach hotel.. lets start with broken ipod dock which to me I feel like if you're gonna have it in the room it should be working. It was never fixed. The television was outdated and had few channels. Plus we were a little hard pressed to get some extra linens from front desk staff. I also would have appreciated more assistance with finding worthwhile restaurants close to the hotel rather than sifting through the many places in the area. Overall I liked the hotel during my stay, but in the future would probably try another Sobe hotel for a different experience.

• Stayed March 2013
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi thanks for your comments. We are pleased to hear you liked some aspects and services of our hotel. Regarding cable tv : there are 99 channels, we have now also flat screen tvs in all rooms. The ipod docks in entertainment centers are being checked to make sure they are all in working order. I am letting also our housekeeper know about your comments regarding linen. We are addressing all this issues so that you will have a more pleasant and happy experience next time with us.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hotel was ok. Space was huge and we loved having a fridge in the place. Table was great for just hanging out, but the tv was in an awkward place. (Bedroom instead of in the living area). It was awkward because we had 4 people and couldn't relax on the couch to watch. Bathroom had a roach that crawled out of the bathroom drain, 2 inches long. We told the front desk and they reimbursed us part of our stay (we were there for a week and this happened on the first day). We left the drain closed when not in use afterwards. Location was excellent so we didn't spend that much time in the hotel anyway. Bed was decent but they ran out of bedsheets apparently (full house) and our friends that stayed on the futon didn't have sheets to sleep with.

Room Tip: No room service. Breakfast was continental but the apples taste good!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Hi. Thanks for your review. I am looking into these matters as we speak. Apologies for any inconvenience, We will make sure this does not happen again. Warm regards
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We were two couples looking for last minute accommodation in the first week of January 2013. Availability in South Beach generally was an issue that weekend and we had had bad experiences at other hotels in the past, but we took the plunge and booked one of the last remaining rooms at Nassau Suites.

What a pleasant surprise when we arrived! Friendly and efficient staff, smooth check-in, huge studio with two queen beds, kitchen, new bathroom and plenty of storage, great housekeeping, free wifi, small but perfectly adequate gym, movie theatre (which we didn't use), convenient parking on site (at extra cost) and the best location we've ever had in South Beach.

The only reasons it's a Very Good and not an Excellent are (i) the poor breakfast in the lobby (though there are countless breakfast places nearby), and (ii) the high cost of in-room water and snacks.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to email us with suggestions for Continental breakfast. You can send your suggestions to vmedina@nassausuite.com Warm regards
Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The room was newer and cleaner than the outside suggested it might be. Unfortunately, we were not given the room we reserved and the hotel was full, so there was no opportunity to switch. We were 3 people and only given a king bed, though it was supposed to be a room with a sofa bed. A roll away bed was given to us, but that was extremely uncomfortable (puting the mattress on the floor made it better). Nonetheless, they were very apologetic and accomodating as best they could be. Although it would have been better had they not charged us for a room at all, they did discount both nights we were there. Overall, the staff was very friendly and helpful, despite their screw-up. Free parking is a huge bonus too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Nassau Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!