“Awesome stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Awesome stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at the Nassau Suite Hotel on July 1-5. The front desk receptionist, Alvaro Acosta, was very friendly and accommodating. He made my trip very relaxing by being informative about everything and recommending places to eat and go. His professionalism was greatly welcomed. The location is superb! Its not directly on the beach but its pretty close to to everything so it was very convenient to walk to restaurants and the beach. The room attendant, Esperonta, made sure that my room was cleaned and that I had plenty of towels. The room was spacious and the kitchen had everything you need in order to cool. All in all, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. You will not be disappointed. P.S. Alvaro Acosta and Esperonta should be recognized for their excellent customer service!

Room Tip: Most rooms on the first floor are huge but pricey.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We just came back from 8 nights at this hotel. The location was perfect for us. Located within spitting distance of the beach. A short walk to good shopping both further down on Collins Avenue and the busy Lincoln Road Mall.

Room was huge. Big bed, big TV/stereo with iPhone docking. Fully equipped kitchen. Sitting area with a couple of chairs and a small sofa. Walk-in closet. Small bathroom. We were very happy with the quality of the room.

Parking was 20USD per night. I think its abit pricey, but I think thats pretty much what you have to pay anywhere on SoBe for parking.
You get towels and chairs for the beach.
Both wireless internet and breakfast were included.

The breakfast was simple. White bread and cookies. Cream cheese and jam. They also had a toaster. Coffee/juice and milk + either bananas or apples were also included in the breakfast.

Cleaning ladies were very thorough, and the overall cleanliness was excellent.

We found the front desk staff to be somewhat inattentive throughout our stay, wich we didnt really mind untill we were going to check out the last day. We came down to the reception at about 7.50AM and no one was there besides a man asleep on the sofa in the corner. We waited a few minutes for the receptionist that we thought probably was going to come out from the backroom or something. We didnt know what to do really, because we had a plane to catch and had to leave for the airport asap. Then when we were about to just leave the key on the counter and drive to the airport, the sleeping man on the sofa rose up, and in a sleepwalking-like manner made his way slowly to the front desk. He was struggeling so hard to keep his eyes open, and my girlfriend almost had to poke him at one point because he was litterally falling asleep again right in front of her, while I was stowing our luggage in our rental car. This episode was hilarious to us and we laughed about it all the way to the airport. We both thought the man sleeping on the couch was someone who had partied to hard and couldnt make his way to his room. And were shocked when he came behind the counter. It stressed us out quite a bit though since we were in a hurry, and I dont think everyone appreciates this kind of behaviour by the front desk staff.

If the front desk staff was just a little bit welcoming I would give this hotel 4/5.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The front desk reception was nice upon check in. Since we rented multiple rooms, she made sure to place names on the rooms and go over the individual rooms with me. The rooms were incredibly spacious for Miami, very clean, no bugs, and very accommodating. The location was beyond ideal. We were able to walk everyone, except the airport:) They also gave us towels and chairs for the beach, no additional charge. Normally, most hotel just provide towels, with a limit per room. Another shocker to me was the parking lot. I've stayed at a number of properties in Miami, and this was probably the first one that provided an actual lot for its guests. A bit awkward to access, but that's a moot point. And there was no additional fee for that as well. The continental breakfast was a bit disappointing, but if you took advantage of the Miami night life, breakfast was another moot point:) Overall, I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The rooms and location of the hotel are great. The only negative that comment that I have is about the staff being a bit rude. Overall a good place to stay in Miami.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

After travelling several hours from Orlando to Miami i and my friend finally arrived at Nassau Hotel at 11;30am in the morning where we were told my an extremely abrupt male receptionist that we were far too early to check in (this we were already aware of), when we asked if we could leave our luggage in the luggage room he pointed a couple of steps away from the reception area !, with no eye contact and not even bothering to even reassure us that our luggage would be safe, as it would be left in a very public area , we reluctantly left it, however came back to it after 30 minutes due to some suspicious characters loitering around the the front vacinity of the Hotel and one even using the sun lounger at the front of the Hotel
I am appauled to what was to follow next, After witnessing 2 sets of visitors checking in just before 3 , i then asked if the room was ready , the male receptionist responded again with no customer service skills what so ever, its still being cleaned, i again asked after 30 minutes later to be told that the Air Con was broken and they were trying to repair it , after well after an hour i requested to speak to the manager as my patience was running thin, clearly this receptionist could not care a damn ,his ability to keep me informed of what was happening knowing i and my friend was in eye view was non existence , when he apparently called his manager who he claims was not on the premises he spoke non-english which again is extremely rude when he speaks english. After an 1hr 30 minutes waiting i demanded a refund which it appears when he was speaking to the 'Manager' who was called Juan was reluctant to re-credit into my account but eventually agreed to it.
I have travelled a fair bit and this is the worst Hotel experience i have ever encountered. The fact that so many reviews has commented about the extremely lack of good customer service due to the receptionist staff says it all, and the fact that the manager is aware of this but is not acting on the feedback given in reviews shown, this demonstrates that he cares very little about his guest.
I may not of stayed at this Hotel, but to be quite honest with the initial attitude received I'am glad i booked into another Hotel. This Hotel deserves no ratings base on the service alone, however there were no option to do so. .APPAULING ***BEWARE***

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
SobeMiami, Public Relations Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thanks for your review. It helps us improve our service. What you describe is not the way our hotel would like to be portrayed and it not what our service is about. We are a small property with friendly service that likes to take care of its guests and make sure they have a pleasant experience with us and in Miami. We are working hard through training , seminars to improve our customer service skills. Thanks again for your review and I hope you give as a chance in the near future to show you that we do value our guests.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Our room was infested with bugs! Management was not available to help us. The desk clerk had a nasty attitude and very condescending. We were only in the room for 20 minutes before we discovered the bugs and the hotel charged an entire night! Other guests were also having issues with the customer service. I will never stay here again and i recommend that you dont either. The Rivera is on the same strip and its cheaper and newly renovated.

• Stayed May 2012
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
We have a monthly pest control service and our rooms are very clean. We do not have bugs in our hotel. If you need further information or clarification please contact me at vmedina@nassausuite.com. Our staff is highly trained and treat guests in a friendly and professional manner. Warm regards.
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 and we booked it online directly with the hotel. It was more than I expected as far as the room went, but from the outside, you might not think much of the hotel.

The outside decor is crusting off and it's not very attractive from the outside. The elevator looks small and when it's not working, there's a limit of 1 person (normal capacity of 2 people). The second floor has 8 rooms and I imagine the 1st and 2nd floor has about the same general floor plan. The front door opens automatically which is great when you are dragging furniture.

We stayed in room 206 and it was more of a little studio apartment (more than I expected)! We had 2 queen sized beds that were so comfortable, a sofa, a TV and ipod station on a pivoting carousel with a fold down desk in the back. The bathroom was OK, but it looked like it was built for someone who was 4'11". The kitchen was nice, new fridge, new stove, nice counter, small microwave, but the ceiling over the counter was too low...my forehead walked into it twice.

There were 2 closets (one was smallish and one was a walk-in). The a/c worked well and our windows faced south into an empty lot where a Walgreens will be built soon (and that would have saved us a walk-being equidistant to the ones on 4th and Lincoln).

The breakfast was mediocre and could be classified as a carb-dieters nightmare. It was absolutely worth going somewhere to buy breakfast or getting groceries to make your own breakfast in your kitchen. Mini-bagels, toast, muffins, and mini-croissants, but they also has yogurt, warm OJ, water, coffee and the best part-tea!

The front desk service was OK and I didn't go down into the lower level until my day of departure where they really do have a decent gym, computers for public use, a private movie viewing room, and restrooms. They have parking available for $18/day (and that would be my worst complaint)-they put daily parking on our bill when we didn't even use it so make sure you look at your bill when you check-out.

The Nassau Suite Hotel is located at a great location. It's central enough to all the clubs and restaurants, but not too close where you can't sleep at night. Once they build the Walgreens next doors, I don't know how easy it will be to sleep at night. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
SobeMiami, Director of Sales at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Hi, thanks for your time in writing this review. The hotel is not under renovation. We just repainted the front facade and we changed the sign. The elevator engine has been changed so that is not a problem anymore. It is still small as this is a boutique hotel with only 22 suites. Please remember this is a historic building.
Continental breakfast is serve daily and it is included in the rate . Which most of the hotels in the area don't do. Our breakfast is quite complete with bakery (bread, muffins, croissants, cookies) , fruit (bananas and apples), yoghurt, tea, coffee, juice. You can always choose to have breakfast at a restaurant outside or use the fully equipped kitchen in your suite. Pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and that you saw our amenities. Hope to see you back soon.

Been to Nassau Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!