“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Grimstad, Norway
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Clean rooms, good service, great hotel and perfect location for beach and nightlife. Will definitely stay there next time. The hotel was much better than we had expected. Could not have chosen a better hotel on Miami Beach. Recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PCHotelManager, General Manager at The Park Central, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Hakon R,
Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your comments, we appreciate you choosing our property when you return to South Beach!
Janine Ackerman - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was hoodwinked and bamboozled the pictures made me believe it was a nice room..hell no the room is like a cell..its way to small for two people..The bathroom was old,paint chipping in the shower,our view was horrible of a side of a building.The walls are paper thin you can hear everything and I mean everything...The carpet in hallway is way to old and rundown.The bed I will say was comfortable until I noticed I was sharing it with a big cocokaroach..The lobby is nice,the pool is decent. The drinks way overpriced...I am returning in October for carnival but I will not be staying here...serious upgrade is needed in this place....and for $190 a night never again

Room Tip: my tip is don't come here...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
PCHotelManager, General Manager at The Park Central, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear T-baby A,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very sorry your stay was unsatisfactory and that the property did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is being shared and will be used for service improvements. This year the hotel will fully remodel and we hope you might consider us once this remodel is complete.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

First we thought this was just an usual hotel. One of many. What once seemed normal turned into the best experience. We shortly found out that everyone in the hotel is very kind. I mean the staff. One day I asked the doorman how is it possible. He said: "We have no rules. Nobody is pushing us to have any corporate identity. This is us." Perfect.
We discovered their super sweet pool and wonderful rooftop. Everything so romantic! You have to try this place!
The equipment is a little bit older but it's not a negative thing. Not everything has to be super high tech ultra modern perfect. I loved the place

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you "Martina V" for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. Your opinion is very important and we trust on our guests to recommend The Park Central to their friends around the world. Come visit us again soon!
Best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, clean rooms, and great breakfast every morning at the Park Central Café next door! Also had a beautiful sun deck on the 6th floor that over looked the beach if you wanted to avoid the beach crowd.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Kendell S,
Thank you for choosing The Park Central. We are happy you enjoyed the room and the amenities of our property. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hote was definitely not what I expected, I tell you these hotes find the best photographers to spruce the place up and all the reviews I read well...Thanks for nothing. This room was like a prison cell, small and cramp. No room to do anything, the bathroom wasn't much either, the toilet made a horrible noise when flushed. Our view of the hotel next door was lovely (pure sarcasm). The wi-fi did NOT work in the building we were in and we were just off the stairs of the restaurant below so we could smell and hear everything from the street. The staff was lovely and very accommodating. We got there at 530 due to a 5.5hr delayed flight and they tried to say I was a no show and had not called but that wasn't true. He shuffled some things around and got us into a clean room instead of having us wait. I wouldn't stay here again, definitely not a luxury or 3 star hotel but I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
PCHotelManager, General Manager at The Park Central, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Kala J,
Thank you for choosing The Park Central for your stay in South Beach. I understand your comment about the size of the room and bathroom, space in South Beach is very limited and I'm sorry the property did not meet your expectations. In the near future we will renovate the hotel and therefore our amenities will be updated for our guests to enjoy. We appreciate your business.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. If you're big on four/five star accommodations, you may feel differently, but I would definitely stay there again. I went with my wife, and Miami was the last stop on our trip following a cruise to the Bahamas. Here's the skinny:

The pros:
You're right in the mix of what makes the strip awesome. Wet Willies in a stones throw away, while sexy people play volleyball on the beach right across the street. The hotel provided us cabanas during our stay, which was a plus. The rooftop deck was also pretty cool, it provided a nice view of the beach and the city. Customer service was solid too. Derek in particular was awesome. He was super helpful; knows all the best places check out, where to eat, and the buzz around town. Next time I'm there, I'm passing by just to say hi... Assuming he's still there. :)

The cons:
Housekeeping seemed a little slack the first couple of days, but improved over our stay. I think it may come down to who's working. Also, their restaurant food was pretty mediocre considering the prices. I highly suggest Polo Norte/Habanos Cuban Cafe (pn changed to hcc, but they're both used interchangeably) which isn't too far away, and their food is AWESOME.

Overall; good service and location. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eric B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel, its location and all of the amenities it offers. Derek will absolutely be commended for his service! We hope to welcome you back for your next trip to Miami.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

location location location.and a great little hotel too...I dicover this hotel many years ago and when ever i am in south beach we alway stay here.. As i said the location is very hard to beat, you walk out the front door and the ocean is a cross the road , for food breakfast , lunch or dinner some of the best meals on ocean drive is right there at the hotel and great cocktails too.. The hotel is a through back from the 1960's , carpet hallway , fans everywhere , black and white photos and paintings every where , spanish and carribean music can be heard in the air...the rooms are comfortable and as all you will need for a few day stay plus air-condition..a small pool at the front for a dip on a hot south florida summers day..the best part of the hotel to me is late evening on the roof, there is a lounge area over looking the ocean and back to miami dowtown , for catching the late evening sun as it goes down with a few cocktails...very hard to beat...

Room Tip: Ocean view a most..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Fletch305,
It is always a pleasure to read positive reviews from our guests and the ones from Trip Advisor's Senior Contributor's have a significant importance. Thank you for the 5 star rating of your recent stay with us and your loyalty over the years. We will see you again soon!
Janine Ackerman - General Manager

Been to The Park Central? Share your experiences!